Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Changing a new Dell Inspiron to 64-bit by rasmasyean[_2_]
Is there a way to do this without "buying a new copy"? It comes with 32-bit and there was no option to change it. The Rep said I would have to install a brand new one. But I was hoping that they didn't know what they are talking about. Is there a way to perhaps get MS to send a 64-it disk or something and use the same key? I assume the Dell would come with a key right?
January 13th 09 03:14 AM
by bmead144 Go to last post
2 221
Problem with Vista on a Sony laptop... by Kevinp
I close the lid and the laptop eventually goes into Sleep Mode. When I open the lid and Vista comes back up, I can no longer use the Windows shortcut where I can click on an item at the top of the list, hold down the shift key, and click on an item at the bottom to select everything in between. It doesn't work with the Control key either to let me select multiple items. The computer doesn't...
January 13th 09 02:28 AM
by Kevinp Go to last post
8 333
Where files and downloads are being saved by Scorpio
I need some help for saving files and downloads I want to change the location name. That name that it is being saved in now is the old owner of the computer I want to change that name. How do I go about doing this? Thanks
January 13th 09 02:03 AM
by Scorpio Go to last post
6 318
Windows Movie Maker 2.1 compatible with Vista? by porchiag
I have a project that I have been working on using the XP version. I have the vista at home. It works but i need to save it and reopen it at school which wouldn't work. If I download the older version 2.1, will it be compatible with my computer? -- porchiag ------------------------------------------------------------------------ porchiag's Profile:...
January 13th 09 01:16 AM
by LVTravel Go to last post
2 275
Artificial Mendacity (Vista) by Tyro[_2_]
Sounds like you have a programming problem, not an OS problem. And BTW such a long winded rambling post is in no way appreciated. Tyro "Charles Douglas Wehner" wrote in message ... We have had "artificial intelligence" and even "artificial stupidity". Now we have "artificial mendacity".
January 13th 09 01:11 AM
by Tyro[_2_] Go to last post
0 221
what i'd like to see in the sequel to vista. by pip22[_10_]
Another (yawn) irrelevant post. This is a forum for helping with problems! If you want to make opinions and air your views put them on your own website!
January 13th 09 12:39 AM
by Fastboy42 Go to last post
2 270
Just reinstalled vista, stuck at loading screen. by Cael
Hey guys, I just felt like reinstalling vista and doing a complete wipe of my HD. When I put the CD to install it, I deleted my partitions and created new ones, and I installed vista on one of them. The installation than proceeds as normal but it ends up freezing at a black screen, where only the mouse cursor is usable. I then manually shut off my computer and started it up, and it gets stuck at...
January 13th 09 12:13 AM
by Joe Buck[_2_] Go to last post
4 311
vista standard user & flash player by flash player problems in vista std user
Im setting up my new vista ultimate PC. I created an standard user for my kids to play on nickjr.com, th eproblem is that the flash player doesnt show up... if you right click on the space where it is supposed to show it shows a message that says "movie not loaded". If I change the account type to administrator then it works fine. I dont want my kids to have and admin account because then...
January 13th 09 12:10 AM
by Louie Kapp Go to last post
3 213
Please Help - Delay Before Windows Logo At Boot After Installing SP1 by amboyangler[_6_]
After installing SP1, the boot process is delayed after the loading bar and before the Vista Logo... The screen just turns black for about 30-40 seconds which is kind of annoying..... here are my specs Intel 5000X Chipset Intel Xeon 5130 (Dual Core) Nvidia Quadro NVS 285 (x2) Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit 4 GB DDR2 FBDIMM
January 13th 09 12:10 AM
by Louie Kapp Go to last post
3 233
Extend C: Drive by MXC
I run out C: drive space and have a lot of space in D:drive. I offen get warnning: C:Volumn is low I tried Shrink D:Volumn and extend C:Volumn To Shrink D:Volumn is OK but the free space cannot be used to increase the C: drive space. Help needed
January 13th 09 12:10 AM
by Louie Kapp Go to last post
2 209
Windows Explorer Favorite Links by microsvc
Lately the favorites links section in Windows Explorer says (Empty) and no longer has the usual items in there. There used to be Network, Desktop, and other places. How can I get this behavior back? Thanks!!!
January 13th 09 12:09 AM
by Louie Kapp Go to last post
4 261
front microphone detection by fazes
I was just wondering if there was a way to turn the microphone detection back on. I clicked the box to not show me again thinking that it would continue to recognize my mic but I was wrong. For some reason it just stopped working today. thanks in advance
January 13th 09 12:09 AM
by Louie Kapp Go to last post
4 199
text to speech tutorial problem with Firefox by Skootch
The "text to speech" tutorial plays automatically every time I open Firefox when I have Speech Recognition active. I can turn off the sound on the system, but this prevents hearing sounds and vids, etc. How can I disable the tutorial from playing? I am using Vista Ultimate 64-bit. Thank you for any help you can give me!
January 12th 09 11:49 PM
by Skootch Go to last post
6 284
Fax software by Phil
Hi, Can someone recommend a fax software (to send and receive) that will work with Vista? Thanks, -- Phil
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 12th 09 11:48 PM
by Alias[_44_] Go to last post
20 503
IE default Window position by SacredHeart
I have an Nvidia dual DVI video card and two displays. I have set them up to work independently. One of them is also a television (Samsung T220HD) that I watch sometimes. However when I start IE it always goes to the Secondary Samsung display even though my Dell display is setup as Primary. I have no way of bringing the window back to my primary without switching the Display mode and dragging...
January 12th 09 11:16 PM
by SacredHeart Go to last post
0 192
Files on C drive are read-only by ALP
Please help!! I just bought a new computer with Windows Vista. I have three different word processors, with Microsoft Word being one of them. With ALL THREE programs, any file that I save DIRECTLY to the C drive is automatically read-only and I can not modify it. However, if I save it IN A FOLDER on the C drive it saves as regular and I can modify it. This is awfully strange and very...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 12th 09 11:16 PM
by ice_cutie26 Go to last post
22 525
how can I make my drive smaller? by terca novie
I have vista and its too big, how can I make my drive smaller?
January 12th 09 11:03 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
9 247
Start up repair problem by Ashley
"Start up rpair is checking your system for problems... If problems are found, Startup Repair will fix them automatically. Your computer might restart sevral times during this process. No changes will be made to your personal files or information. This might take sevral minutes. Attempting Repairs... Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."
January 12th 09 10:34 PM
by Sciz[_3_] Go to last post
3 245
Backup did not complete successfully. by jcraw
I am running Business Vista 32bit on a HP Compaq desktop with 3 GB of RAM and 100GB hard disk drive. Over the past two months I have had my document folder backed up to a W2K Server folder-automatically. Last week, I got the following error message: "The backup did not complete successfully. A shadow copy could not be created for the following reasons: Incompatible version of the serializing...
January 12th 09 10:31 PM
by jcraw Go to last post
0 217
measekite delusions by measekite's psychiatrist[_2_]
A delusion is commonly defined as a fixed false belief and is used in everyday language to describe a belief that is either false, fanciful or derived from deception. In psychiatry, the definition is necessarily more precise and implies that the belief is pathological (the result of an illness or illness process). As a pathology it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete...
January 12th 09 09:13 PM
by measekite's psychiatrist[_2_] Go to last post

From The