Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
code 39 cd rom driver by George
My cd-rom has stopped working on my laptop. It has an exclamation point over the driver, and says windows cannot load the device driver. (code 39). I cannot load the driver again from the recovery disk because the cd rom does not work! any help would be greatly appreciated
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 14th 09 05:40 PM
by Opinicus[_2_] Go to last post
11 443
vista "Recovered" by a
I took BitLocker off my system, at least the mini-boot partition it makes since I didn't have the chipset for it on my puter and made my C:\ partition the system one again. Now I have a Vista (Recovered) showing up on my boot screen. It boots well, but I'm wondering why it's that way. Thanks, John
January 14th 09 05:37 PM
by measekite's psychiatrist[_2_] Go to last post
1 297
Screen Saver Not Working With Both Vista SP2 And 7! by [email protected]
I Am Having Screen Saver Issues With Both Vista SP2 And 7 On My Dell XPS 630I!
January 14th 09 05:33 PM
by measekite's psychiatrist[_2_] Go to last post
2 280
Password by [email protected]
I'd like to know where my password is stored, one entered whenever I log in Windows I am using Utimate Vista. I like to understand how I can see the unmasked password I enter every form using IE7. I have no idea to recover them. I don't want to use a readymade software. I am a begginer of C# I study some first chapters and I want to make one too. Any help is appreacuated
January 14th 09 05:01 PM
by Synapse Syndrome[_2_] Go to last post
1 310
Document folder by maureen
Can someone help please? I have recently changed something in my documents folder which means everything I try to open (i.e.) photos try to open in a word document! Many thanks.
January 14th 09 03:46 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
2 288
Microsoft Word 2003 Not Saving Doctument by pinkfairy1987
I have been running Microsoft Word 2003 on Vista with no problems for about 5 months. However I recently tried to save a Word document, using the save icon, and the computer did not respond to the command. I then tried using save as, and the same thing happened. I excited Word, and was asked if I wanted to save. I clicked yes, but the command was not registered. I have tried restarting my...
January 14th 09 03:04 PM
by Ian D Go to last post
4 420
What Anti-Virus w/Win 7 beta? by paula
Since Windows OneCare does not work with the Beta, what anti-virus will? TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 14th 09 02:58 PM
by paula Go to last post
12 512
Chinese Characters not displaying in Chinese Program by Andrew
I'm running Vista Business, and installing a program that uses Chinese characters (Tencent's "QQ"). Although I can read webpages, type in Chinese (in MSN, Word, etc), the program's interface is supposed to be in Chinese, but instead displays random symbols, numbers. The program installs fine on XP with the Chinese language pack, but not on Vista Business. How can I make the characters...
January 14th 09 02:33 PM
by SadOwl Go to last post
5 324
Windows Journal not working by John Wong
My Windows Journal cannot startup... Shows an error message asking me try to restart, and contact my system administrator I tried regsvr32 a few DLL in the director of windows journal, but still have no luck to get it work. InkBall also can't start, showing an error message saying "Ordinal 60 cannot be found in ATL.DLL"
January 14th 09 01:01 PM
by John Wong Go to last post
0 246
Why does it take 15mins for Vista to start? by Leafer17
Its taking 15mins or more for Vista to boot up! I'm running intel core 2 duo 2.4 ghz, 1 gb ram, everthing was great when I first installed, now its taking forever! Any solutions? I installed a download program from EA, could this have caused this? It is agonizing to wait for it to start up. Also, when this happend, Vista would not shut down my case, vista would shut down, but not cut the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 14th 09 11:22 AM
by ISONETMON Go to last post
13 371
vista desktop by Paul[_18_]
I have vista and am often finding that when using windows explorer or programs such as word every now and then when I click on a directory or use the menus it comes up with not responding and wipes out the whole of my desktop, leaving me with the only option of using ctrl-alt-del and logoff, restart or shutdown is this a common fault with this pile of crap?
January 14th 09 10:17 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 278
crazy emergency install that flopped drive letters by FireBrick[_2_]
This is the weirdest thing. Wife's computer wouldn't work She had XP Pro. I tried Repair, no joy I tried fixing it via Safe Mode, no joy. it would run in Safe Mode but in Normal mode, no joy. I tired restore points, they wouldn't work even though I had scheduled restore points once a day.
January 14th 09 09:55 AM
by DL Go to last post
4 277
Hated vista, and more... now currently hating my acer aspire m5640 by ninjamint
Well, the first thing I noticed when I got my Acer Aspire M5640; was it didn't come with a boot/format/restore disk. I figured, well hell, if anything went wrong I'd just install which I love much better to be Windows XP. Turns out, that isn't the case. After my "TCPIP.sys"(registry file, and network protocol driver); I managed to have no internet, unable to fix it, I decided now was the best...
January 14th 09 07:33 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
5 404
Hello Windows 7, so long Vista... by Megabyte[_2_]
I have now installed Windows 7 on 4 different systems; an HP quad core desktop, a Lenovo T61p laptop, an HP TX26XX Tablet PC and on the HP 2133 Mini-Note. In my opinion, Windows 7 is the best version of Windows I have ever used and I've used every version except version 2 and Me. Windows 7 fixes the boot, performance and shut down issues in Vista while keeping the glass and transparency...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 14th 09 06:42 AM
by JerryF Go to last post
63 1,530
vista ultimate desktop search across network how ? by pzam
I used desktop search on XP across the lan to my buffalo network drive just fine. With vista ultimate it will not let me add the drives to the search list. I went and manually edited them into the list with the security tool of windows. That did not do it either. I set the search to search only names and search with out the index for now but that is slow and I have to click each drive...
January 14th 09 06:26 AM
by pzam Go to last post
0 284
Should I Kill It (Vista) ??? by mark4man
Hello... Having (so far) two major problems w/ Vista (aside from all that permissions crapiola): 1) I cannot install Microsoft Streets & Trips 2) When I attempt to install Adobe Illustrator (CS3), I get a message that reads:
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 14th 09 06:19 AM
by JerryF Go to last post
13 567
Microsoft business model? by Myron Steir
I can't help but wonder whether Microsoft found a way to get everyone to spend another ninety to a hundred bucks every few years to replace a flawed OS with another questionable one. Perpetual upgrades bring in bucks.
January 14th 09 06:17 AM
by JerryF Go to last post
6 287
windows update fails to update to new version with error code 8007 by vijay
I am having problems with windows update it failed to find any updates with error80073712. The stand alone installer fails with the same code and i have windows sp1installed. when i try to use windows update it says it should install new windows update software and i press the install now button at which stage it fails then i try to do the above and that fails. I have no v storedirty file or...
January 14th 09 05:25 AM
by vijay Go to last post
3 324
What is Macrovision "Software Manager" ? by Patrick
I get a DELL Vista desktop lately. The software manager pops up this morning. I cannot find this software in Program List and thus cannot remove it. I would like to seek your advice 1) What is this software for and why it is installed ? 2) Should I remove it ? 3) It says that there is a "Update Manager Critical Update December 2008", should I install it ?
January 14th 09 04:28 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 294
I need Sheep for measekite by [email protected][_2_]
"measekite's psychiatrist" wrote in message ... measekite needs Sheep. Anyone know where we can get him some Sheep? I Have Sheep. Just FYI. Contact Me And I Will Get You In Touch With My Guy Who Helps Me With My Sheep. Just FYI
January 14th 09 04:17 AM
by measekite Go to last post

From The