HP with Vista going back to XP by Ben
Hi all, Right i have a little situation and would be very greatful for some pointers. I purchased a HP Pavillion DV9000 laptop and it works a dream. It came stocked with XP MCE and i decided to use a beta release of Vista to give it a try. To give it a fair test i installed Vista on a fresh install as the only OS.
April 5th 07 12:30 PM
by Malke Go to last post
2 188
cd rom problems in x64 vista by @ngeLCD
Windows cannot access either of my dvd rom drives, the following message is displayed in device manager. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) It seemed to happen after I installed Nvidia's Nforce4 drivers. I uninstalled the nvidia drivers and the problem still exists. I also tried replacing the cdrom.sys file to no...
April 5th 07 10:56 AM
by apprentice idiot Go to last post
5 193
Power Management Wake settinging using Group Policy by Laurence
Hi, Within the device manager, Network adapter - Properties there is a check box to allow the network adapter to wake the machine. Doe anyone know if there is a universal way of setting this using Group Policy or other method? Thanks in advance Laurence
April 5th 07 10:22 AM
by Laurence Go to last post
0 152
USB Network Adapter on Vista x64 by GazzaS
Hi, I have a dilema that my onboard LAN does not allow me to connect to my Media Center Extenders (see post by GazzaS in general vista questions). Therefore I'm in search of a new network adapter. The problems I have are that: 1) It needs to support Vista x64 bit 2) I have no spare PCI slots so it would have to be USB or FireWire.
April 5th 07 09:28 AM
by GazzaS Go to last post
2 185
What could I do with my Linksys wireless adapter?? by tmitim
My router is in my brother's room, and I'm using "Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter with Speedbooster", Model WPC54GS V21. for my PC's internet connection. However, after I install my vista 64bit, the Setup program does not work, it can not be installed. I went to Linksys official website, and it says that the 64bit driver for this adapter is TBD, I guess it means To Be Developed? But what...
April 5th 07 09:23 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 149
Web camera Problem on Vista by sstory792
my intel usb webcam on windows vista home premium does not appear in the my computer folder. it did on my old xp computer. does anybody know how to fix this?
April 5th 07 04:29 AM
by Guess Who Go to last post
2 169
compatability isues by darkride_comando
does vista have a fix that will allow devices that are working on xp and older systems to be compatable? I just bought a new laptop with Vista installed, I also bouht a new webcam. The cam works with XP on my old machine, but gets no video on the Vista machine. I thought that Vista would at least support Legacy drivers and devices. Why does Vista not run certain applications due to...
April 5th 07 03:53 AM
by Rock Go to last post
3 135
all ide drives are asking for drivers? no such thing please help, by Jim
hi i have a gigabyte board, trying to run vista, was all ok till i decided to install a few new deviced eg dvd rom, ide hard drives, now asking for drivers for them, wont recognise any usb device goes looking for drivers? even for a simple usb memory stick or a video camera via firewire? can any ione help, amd dual core, gigabyte board, thank you all
April 5th 07 02:51 AM
by Don Go to last post
2 133
BSOD by medic
had repeated BSODs --got lots of dmp files -- Is there a place I can send them to to find out the cause?
April 5th 07 02:24 AM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
3 379
Creative Audigy Update Broke My Sound! by GR
After spending way too much time troubleshooting my audigy 2 soundcard, I finally got it to work recently by reseating the card into another slot. It was working fine until I clicked on the recommended "creative audigy" update within Vista Update. Immediately following this update, my system crashed numerous time and was unwilling to reboot. I was an early adopted with Win95, Win98 and XP....
April 5th 07 01:39 AM
by dev Go to last post
5 163
The Sleep of sleeps by John
Hi hope someone can help, Kind of in a bind, PC - hp a730n I installed Vista, everything great worked fine, changed power profile (created a new one) monitor does not go off, computer does not sleep, and disk always on, CPU max power... in attempt to bring up my overall rating, which it did by .2 Several days later I found what is or like the sleep mode to the right on
April 5th 07 01:25 AM
by John Go to last post
2 157
Problem shrinking C: partition. by Elai
I am trying to shrink my C: partition (from 55GB to 30GB) in order to create a new partition. The message says there is 0 available space. I have disabled system restore, and moved the pagefile to a different partition, but no effect. I have considered purchasing Acronis Disk Director as someone else on the board recommended, but would like to just use the Vista's console if at all...
April 5th 07 12:39 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
2 130
Partition Magic Ver8 and Vista's NTFS by cutie_pyie
Hi all, I have a Toshiba A135-S4427 Notebook that came preinstalled with Vista Home Premium. I want to use Partition Magic ver-8 to repartition the HDD into 3 total partitions, in other words - I want to creat 2 additional partitions. I read on another board the following: ....Vista has a different NTFS than XP. It is a known issue that formatting a
April 5th 07 12:39 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
6 162
No advanced controls for Plantronics GameCom PRO 1 by micke090
I have a plantronics gamecom pro 1 that in windows xp haves two advanced controls: bass boost and agc. In vista beta2 it hade none, in 5744 it has AGC, but not bass boost. Bass boost gives a much more enrichened sound in the lower frequensies, so i like it a lot. On the plantronics homepage the only drivers are for win2k or 98. It does not work too update in vista, i've tried. Can anyone...
April 4th 07 11:14 PM
by micke090 Go to last post
3 136
Wheel acceleration in intellipoint problem by Przemo-c
Wheel acceleration for my wireless intellimouse explorer 2.0 doesn't work on vista. On Xp everything worked fine but when I've installed Vista Business 32bit I noticed that it doesn't work. No matter what driver I used for it (standard vista's browser mouse or intellimouse). I've reinstalled intellimouse software multiple times enabled and disabled the vertical acceleration nothing helped. I...
April 4th 07 09:09 PM
by Przemo-c Go to last post
2 197
Activation Query with USB devices by JumpyJim
I have Vista Enterprise x64 installed and have been running both VMWare 6.0 Beta workstation and MS Virtual PC 2007 as I needed access to 32-bit OS's as well as 32-bit with USB 2.0 support for compatibility issues. Probably about 6 times I added and removed my USB 2.0 device in VMWare, which was detected to be add/removed in both the guest and host OS. When looking through Eventviewer, I...
April 4th 07 08:54 PM
by JumpyJim Go to last post
1 155
Bluetooth disconnect when resolution change by CrazyJogurt
I have a big problem. I am using a Z61m IBM notebook with bluetooth and Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer for Bluetooth. Every time I start a game, that changes the resolution, it disconnects my mouse. It does the same thing when the User Account Control window appears. And to get it back I can't just push the make/break connection button on mouse, but I have to remove it from bluetooth...
April 4th 07 06:40 PM
by CrazyJogurt Go to last post
2 151
CD burning under Vista by saint_craig
CD burning under vista broken? I am trying to burn a CD under windows Vista x64 this is on a completely fresh clean install of vista to rule out any other conflicts. Reguardless of the type of burn I try to do Mastered, etc... I have the same net result. The CD go through all the motions of burning and when it is complete, I am informed that it was burnt sucesfully. If I subsequently try to...
April 4th 07 06:27 PM
by Robert Moir Go to last post
5 170
Intelli Mouse 6.1 Drivers and Windows Vista by MarkS
Hello, I am still having a problem with my Intelli-Mouse Optical and Windows Vista Ultima I am running windows Vista Ultimate (Final Release) and Intelli-mouse 6.1 software for my mouse. The problem I am having is that the mouse will various times do a double click for a single click. I've tried changing the click speed and no change. The mouse works fine on an XP machine. Any HELP
April 4th 07 04:26 PM
by Charles W Davis Go to last post
2 153
Goes to sleep after returning from sleep by Nasser Dassi
I have Vista Business Edition on an IBM ThinkPad (X-series). No special software besides the usual: MS Office 2007 (incl OneNote), Firefox, WinAmp, Acrobat Reader. Plus the IBM ThinkVantage options for Tablet PC, Fingerprint Reader, Tablet Menu Shortuct. Vista is updated as of yesterday (Apr 3, 2007) with all Windows Update patches. This problem, however, has been going on for the past...
April 4th 07 02:46 PM
by Nasser Dassi Go to last post

From The