USB mouse and keyboard stops working by henrikwl
I'm on Vista Ultimate 64 bit, using a Raptor-Gaming keyboard and a Logitech G5 mouse (both USB), and after a period of inactivity they seem to "shut off" - it's as if Vista is cutting power to the USB ports. My motherboard is an (ancient) ASUS VIA K8T800, but my devicemanager reports nothing abnormal. Has anyone got any ideas?
February 18th 07 08:30 PM
by henrikwl Go to last post
0 220
IDE drives as ATA in System Properties by Diamontina Cocktail
I don't normally use ATA as anything other than backup purely because C drive has always been an IDE on this machine and I am not really wanting to muck about with that for it. After all it isn't an expensive motherboard so I am waiting till later this year before I replace it. Anyway, in the meantime, I needed more backup space so put an ATA in as a backup drive only and what do you know,...
February 18th 07 08:01 PM
by Diamontina Cocktail Go to last post
5 267
Downgraded from Dolby Digital to Stereo by Alfred Kaufmann
I upgraded to Home Premium for a computer I use with my entertainment system, when it was finished I did not have any audio driver. This was soon fixed with an update from Nvidia but it is a very crappy audio driver. I used to have 5.1 Dolby digital with all sorts of options now I have plain stereo with no mixer options. Does anyone know if Nvidia will fix this any time soon or do I have to...
February 18th 07 07:45 PM
by Alfred Kaufmann Go to last post
3 248
Energy saving by olfred
Hi, I´ve an problem with the energy saving. My monitor wot wake up after the stand-by. Asus A8N-Sli Nvidia 7800 GTX (100.59) Monitor FP937s Idee?
February 18th 07 06:07 PM
by olfred Go to last post
0 210
Horizontal scrolling not working in Office 2003 by Larry
Using an MS Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 and the latest Vista 6.1 driver, horizontal scrolling would not work in Office 2003 after intial Vista setup. Mysteriously, a week later it suddenly worked, and very nicely at that. It may have been related to a run of Registry Mechanic shortly before, but don't really know. After 7 MS Office automatic updates on the 15th of this month,...
February 18th 07 04:45 PM
by Larry Go to last post
1 200
'Missing Operating system'- Windows Vista by troubledman
help me out here guys... recently i bought a dell computer installed with Windows Vista Business, but it's been giving me problems lately - lagging a lot (i think its due to the hardware)/(e.g. opening folders, IE, msn) - can only run two programs at the same time, if more it will crash - when i attempt to use another program while downloading something, it would hang (i d/led iTunes, and...
February 18th 07 04:34 PM
by cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user) Go to last post
5 220
Vista refuses to use bluetooth headset by Roof Fiddler
I successfully paired my bluetooth headset with Vista. When I paired them, Vista opened the Found New Hardware wizard and wanted to install device drivers. No disk came with the headset, so I told Vista to search online, and it found nothing, and told me the driver installation failed. But the headset does show up in bluetooth devices in Vista as an audio device. In its properties, on the...
February 18th 07 04:29 PM
by Roof Fiddler Go to last post
1 230
Audio, Video and 64 bit migration. by Will
1) On Vista Home Premium, with Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE, Dungeon Siege II does not show red dot enemies in the small map Viewer! It is rather slower than on MCE2005 also. Would be happy to learn how to correct this if there is a way. Tried the Beta Driver as well, no change. 2) MCE2005 Realtek Audio worked great for Quad setting with Yamaha home stereo in blue line in plug. Realtek High Def...
February 18th 07 04:05 PM
by Will Go to last post
0 206
Swann Emailer Modem by Royce Martin
does anyone know where i can get a Vista driver for a swann emailer modem. on swann.com.au they only have a win2k driver and it trys to install into the windows inf folder which VISTA bans. any ideas?
February 18th 07 02:39 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 222
TV2000XP Expert by Dominic Payer
http://tw1965.myweb.hinet.net/ is the Leadtek development site where the latest drivers and applications are hosted. Some of them are beta. WinFast PVR2 replaces the older WinFast PVR "Royce Martin" wrote in message ... Why isnt my tv2000xp expert working in windows media centre?
February 18th 07 02:37 PM
by JW Go to last post
2 250
Accessing Data on External Hard Drive by orpheusgato
Usual problem ... PC died, no back-up. Removed hard drive and purchased a CompUSA USB 2.o External Hard Drive Enclosure. Instructions do not include Vista yet. I see that a "Drive J" is listed in the "folders" section of "Computer" and I can tell that this is info from my old PC's hard drive, but it doesn't look like all of it ... mostly system info. I'm trying to find Word, Excel, and...
February 18th 07 02:24 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 263
How To Resolve Issues With Your DVD/CD Burner in Vista by whiwo
Spent $59.00 for this answer since I have OEM. Free support is only for retail. Go to article kb 314060 in the windows database and it will provide you with instructions to have Vista recognize your Drives again. Good Luck!
February 18th 07 02:11 PM
by whiwo Go to last post
0 213
problem on CPU usage and Harddrive disk access by GT
My P4 2.8ghz HT CPU usage constanly goes up and down even when computer is not in use and this seem to happen when i hear noise whistling noise on my harddrive. Putting the computer to sleep and then waking it up seem to fix this? issue I'm having. what is going on? are there any setting i have to change in order for this problem to stop?
February 18th 07 01:09 PM
by LARGO16 Go to last post
1 235
PC noise by angimoo
I have just purchased a new PC and when i turn it on the tower makes a noise...like a piercing satic noise...the ones u can sometimes hear when u have the tv on. I unplugged the arial but it still makes the noise, where i purchased my PC from they said they couldnt hear anything and that its normal because its a powerful machine with alot of electricty running throughout...i dont believe...
February 18th 07 11:03 AM
by angimoo Go to last post
4 253
February 18th 07 09:48 AM
by Charles Go to last post
1 317
free xm radio integrated in windows media center by
I was playing yesterday in windows vista media center and I found that you can listen to XM radio streaming (very good quality). Go to Online Media Explore AOL Radio Featuring XM Pretty cool! Best channels: top 20 on ch.20 XM HitList ch.30
February 18th 07 09:40 AM
by Scott Go to last post
3 370
Building or Buying a Brand New Windows Vista Compatible PC? by Avarice
My computer is over 4 years old now and I am ready to turn it into a secondary computer in my home. I currently have Windows Vista Ultimate installed on it, but because the hardware is somewhat old, I'm not getting a very good experience with it. With that said, I'm ready to "go all out" with the designing of my new PC. I am looking for different Windows Vista PC design guides, but was...
February 18th 07 09:34 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 246
Can't get CD/DVD drive to work in Vista by dot
For months the DVD burner in my system was working fine, but in the last few days it stopped working. Vista detects it and loaded the device drivers, but it does not initialize the hardware properly. (I always get error "code 37".) Note that the system does detect that the DVD drive is there, and the driver does get the model number from the drive. Just to make sure there wasn't an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 07 02:29 AM
by Dash65 Go to last post
17 422
Hertz by Artier
i want to get more herts on my computer and i have a pentium 4 and i have 1.70Hertz 1.69Hertz
February 18th 07 02:28 AM
by pete Go to last post
2 396
Lexmark X75 printer driver for Vista by Greg
Was wondering if anyone knows if the Lexmark X75 printer/fax/scanner will work with Vista. If not, does anyone know if Lexmark will be providing an updated driver? Thanx, Greg
February 18th 07 01:51 AM
by cvp Go to last post

From The