DVD/CD ROM disk detect by Agwan
I recently installed vista and Virtual cd 6 on my computer, but now my cd drive does not detect when a disk is inserted or ejected, after a while it seems to allow me to view the files but it usualy askes me about burning a cd when i try to view the files, also note that if the drive has recongnised a disk like a music cd, when viewing a different disk it will try to open other inserted...
June 4th 07 01:41 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 189
S3 Resume hard drives dissapear by agent86oz
This is probably a coincidence but since SP1 about a month ago S3 resume occationaly a drive will dissapear with huge event log. ::I have 3 SATA drives Gigabyte P35-DS4. Intermittently the 2nd and 3rd drive disappear random from windows but not at the same time with an event log showing drive has dissappeard from the system without being prepared for removal. If I reboot the drive that...
May 30th 08 10:53 AM
by agent86oz Go to last post
0 148
Updating video card drivers HELP by Agent
I just downloaded the latest nvidia drivers....After uninstalling the old ones from Vista....vista automatically installs the default drivers thus the only way for me to update is to install the drivers on top of vista's default drivers. is there a way to disable the auto update/install feature on vista so i can update my video card drivers with the latest? ty
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 7th 08 05:58 AM
by viers Go to last post
13 344
How can I reset external monitor settings? by agaethwe
Hello everyone! I find myself in a very frustrating predicament. Yesterday I tried connecting my laptop to my 46" Samsung TV (LN46A650) using a top-end VGA cable, and it worked beautifully out-of-the-box. I was able to get a resolution of 1280 x 768 mirrored, and, more importantly, 1920 x 1080 when using only the external monitor. It looked gorgeous, and I should've left well enough alone....
July 8th 09 10:25 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
3 278
blue screen problem by aga151
Hi, Having a problem when using the remove hardware safely, this works on everything except the modem,when trying to remove the phone connection I get the safe to remove and get a blue screen when doing so, anyone got any suggestions as to what might be wrong. regards aga
July 5th 08 10:54 AM
by aga151 Go to last post
2 169
Device Monitor Appliaction by aga151
Hi, I'm getting an eror message on my Advent laptop on Vista stating that the Device Monitor Application is not running. Where and how can I start this task. regards aga
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 21st 09 11:36 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
27 825
error 1024 by aga
Hi, I get this error message : hardware error :1024 what do I need to do to rectify this please. regards aga
January 12th 08 06:22 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
4 136
USB device appears locked by AG
I suddenly seem to have my USB storage devices locked on my laptop. The thumbdrive is accessible on other machines with XP but my vista laptop says the device is locked. It appears in 'my computer' with a red ring and line through it as does the DVD drive. How can I unlock them? Very frustrating.
December 5th 07 08:41 PM
by Zander C Go to last post
7 244
wplayer freezes by ag
got new ltop, wmp 11 freezes at 19% when I try to burn cds, have no clue what is wrong, ltop is 3 weeks old thx
January 17th 08 06:51 PM
by ag Go to last post
0 108
keyboard not working by Afua
I'm using the On-Screen Keyboard right now. I was trying to login to my Maplestory account but when I tried to type nothing worked. I've tried restarting many times but that didn't work. I have Windows Vista 32-bit Home Basic, the LED status on the Num Lock is on and it doesn't seem to turn off even with the On-Screen Keyboard.
June 15th 07 06:29 PM
by freddy Go to last post
2 145
Keyboard keys remapped arbitrarily - NOT a NUM Lock issue by africandude
Hi there Forum, I have a fairly new Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li3910 Laptop and have been experiencing a strange, and extremely frustrating, keyboard issue for several days now. I have browsed through loads of forums, but to no avail. Well, maybe some of you may be able to help :confused: My keyboard seems to have been strangely remapped for some reason - some keys have been "added up" with one...
July 12th 09 10:04 AM
by africandude Go to last post
0 215
Vista not shutting down my PC!! Help!!! by Afre
I just installed Vista on my new PC (680i EVGA Motherboard) worked great, still does, but after I did the vista online updates and rebooted it won't shut off my pc!!? Vista itself shuts down ok, my keyboard also, but my motherobaard, power supply, and all fans stay on, I let it go for about 10 mins. and still won't shut down, I have to manually hold down my power button for it to turn off,...
March 23rd 07 11:15 PM
by Don Go to last post
1 137
Ati-all-in-wonder 128 pci combo video cardo tv/video 32 MB by Afonso02
Who Knows about a generic driver for video card thats suport DVD creation in Vista Ultimate? I receive message thats my video card not suport this. I need a generic drive.Helps please. Afonso02
May 10th 07 10:24 AM
by Afonso02 Go to last post
0 132
Copy Folder Full on (D:) drive by aflyingcamel
I have been burning pictures to a CD in the DVD RW drive of my Toshiba laptop. I just started getting a message that reads "There is not enough space on Oct 28 2007. You need an additional 486 MB to copy these files." And this is in a window called Copy Folder. Now Oct 28 seems to be the name of the DVD RW Drive (D:). I don't know how it got that name but that's what it says everytime I...
December 2nd 07 05:55 AM
by aflyingcamel Go to last post
0 121
Unknown USB Device by aeroit
I have had problems with Home Premium edition not recognising some of my USB devices, USB memory sticks and my Sandisk Sansa e260 in particular (which is set to act as a mass storage device). I get the USB Device Unkown error Having contacted Sandisk they informed me that I am missing the following files usbstore.inf usbstore.sys
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 2nd 09 08:51 AM
by Luba Go to last post
10 344
Dual Monitors on Dell D820 with Nvidia N120 graphics card by AegidiusAK
I'm unable to get my desktop to extend to my second monitor, the problem i'm having is vista trys to extend to the laptop display and not the actuall monitor. All three displays are detected in the device manager, and this worked fine with RC1. I'm guessing its a driver issue, i'm using the new WDDM driver for RC2. Any ideas?
October 11th 06 03:54 PM
by AegidiusAK Go to last post
4 132
Wireless Keyboard & Mouse by aeaglenfitch
okay so here is my issue. im running vista 32 bit on a dell xps laptop. i've been using the microsoft Wireless Optical Notebook Mouse 3000 for quite some time now. recently i purchased a wireless mocrosoft comfort curve keyboard to go along with the mouse. the mouse comes with it's own little usb dongle wireless reciever and the keyboard comes with that big oval shaped reciever and it was my...
March 5th 09 08:10 PM
by aeaglenfitch Go to last post
0 125
Windows needs to install drivers for xxx by Adz06
Ok, this is really starting to annoy me now. Everytime I turn on my pc I get lots of these messages. The software for the devices is installed. This includes my new Logitech MX5000 keyboard and mouse, it asks for drivers for the BT Mini-REceiver, My HP D5160 printer, and even my older microsoft mouse and keyboard. If I click find drivers windows doesnt find anything. With my printer, I can...
August 19th 09 03:07 PM
by GTS Go to last post
4 191
help drivers vista adsl modems by adsl dead
I've got 2 modem adsl: D-LINK DSL-302T URMET USB vista doesn't recognize any of them. can you help me? I've already checked the company which produce them. thank in advance ALberto
September 5th 06 08:19 PM
by adsl dead Go to last post
0 511
IOMEGA 250GB Access Denied when is Sharing by AdrianSa
The Escenario is this: the IOMEGA device work fine on the Windows Vista but when I sharing this for access from WXP whit all permissions send me the mesage "Access Denied". From Windows XP I can see the share but dont access
October 18th 07 04:03 PM
by AdrianSa Go to last post

From The