  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Microsoft optical mouse 3000, won't zoom word 2003 under Vista? by Duncan - Midlands UK
I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit, up to date, Microsoft Office 2003 and a Microsoft Optical Mouse 3000 with Intellipoint 6.1 (Takes breath....) Under XP, if used the wheel in word it would scroll lines of text by rolling the wheel and zom in-out if I rolled the wheel while holding CTRL down on the keyboard. Under Vista, the scroll still works but the zoom function no longer works,...
May 27th 10 10:01 PM
by ander[_2_] Go to last post
5 867
Vista won't recognize my USB for camera or flash drive by abster45
Hi, I have used my Vista system to download pictures from my camera ( Fuji Finepix ) before, but now it is not working. When I plug the USB into my laptop, it makes a little beep like it normally would when it recognizes new hardware, but nothing comes up. I went into the My Computer tab and it is not located there either. I recently tried to use my USB flash drive and the same thing...
November 25th 07 01:11 PM
by BurrWalnut Go to last post
1 863
AppleSyncNotifier problem by John Webb/April Diamonds
when i log on to windows vista i recieve an error message "AppleSyncNotifier has stopped working" Windows will automaticaly search for the fix and then it will just ask me to close the program as it does not have a fix. I do not have this program in the programs list. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?-Thanks in advance-John
June 2nd 10 05:00 PM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
2 861
Wireless connection stopped working by M Skabialka
A friend with a vista PC was having problems connecting wirelessly to a router. It had been working OK for months then she decided to download the MS Office 2007 trial. Since then her wireless connection stopped working (though I have no idea why this happened at this time). Their other computer was also having a really slow ethernet connection so I had them buy a new cisco wireles router...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 20th 08 09:26 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT] Go to last post
11 857
Get desired success with project management software by Projectdrive
Today project management software is used by almost every company. It is a tool without which one can live. Doing business online and communicating with everyone in regards to the progress and requirements of the project would not have been possible without the help of project management software. I would like to share my experience. I'm glad to use services from Project-drive Team. Besides...
May 12th 10 11:18 AM
by Projectdrive Go to last post
0 857
hard drive enumeration tool? by james
I have a PC with 6 hard drives, used for video editing. Each time I buy a larger drive on sale, I want to take out a smaller drive from my PC. Is there a tool that can list all hard drives, and for each drive, indicate: IDE or SATA capacity partitions and drive letters assigned rotational speed (e.g. 5400 rpm or 7200 rpm)
September 15th 10 09:07 PM
by GG[_4_] Go to last post
1 854
Need to reload my HP printer but can not =64bit by Neal
Do to some issues I now have to reinstall my HP 2610. I had it loaded as the 990C before so I could print at least but now I can not load it. I go to add a printer, it sees my HP on the network but it will not give me a list of HP dirvers to choose from. I only get asked if I have a hard disk or to try windows update but that list only gives me Dell drivers. I did see a few posts with...
August 28th 06 03:35 AM
by Neal Go to last post
1 847
eSATA & Vista by [email protected]
Hi! I have an Asus P5B, Vista 32Bit Home Premium. I have something connected to the eSATA port. When the system boots the BIOS sees it fine. Vista however, will not recognize it.......everything is proper in the BIOS, as the BIOS sees it upon boot. The P5B uses the Jmicros controller. That should be up to date. Additionally, this is hooked to an external enclosure, Xtrastore 3.5".....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 27th 08 05:34 AM
by NormCameron Go to last post
20 846
Change floppy drive assignment from B: to A: by M Skabialka
I built myself a computer a couple of years ago and have Vista Ultimate on it. Recently I went to create a floppy disk for maintenance on another computer and found that the floppy drive (which I haven't used before) is labeled as the B drive. How do I change that back to A? Right now I am using subst a: "b:" which works for now but would rather set it permanently.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 15th 09 02:45 PM
by M Skabialka Go to last post
13 845
Missing CD/DVD Drive by grahamt
Hi, I have an Acer machine running Vista Home Premium with SP2. The machine is now two years old has been working fine until recently. I am finding that the DVD drive does not appear in My Computer or Device Manager when the machine is restarted after being in Sleep mode. The drive can be restored by doing a Shut Down. I have found a few similar problems in this forum but the reports...
May 24th 10 06:00 PM
by grahamt Go to last post
4 839
Save hardware drivers by Chris K
Just re-installed Vista and it needed couple drivers - 1 for my Radeon 1650 SE video card and one for my M/Soft digital media 3000 keyboard I'm bit concerned about these drivers becoming obsolete (particularly the former) so I was wondering whether it's possible to save the drivers now for future install - the driver details document all the driver files & locations but not sure how to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 9th 10 01:05 PM
by GSalisbury Go to last post
13 838
NVida 6200LE by HagarTheHorrible
OK... here is the problem. I recently upgraded from an ATI Sapphire with 128 meg of memory to an NVida 6200LE with 256 meg of memory that I bought from Tiger Direct. When I had tried to burn DVDs using my old video card I got the warning message that my ATI card was not sufficiently powerful to handle the job - hence the upgrade. Now with the new NVida card whenever I try to run WMV files,...
August 28th 06 12:32 PM
by HagarTheHorrible Go to last post
0 832
Can't see Hard Drive. by Marian Henna
For some reason, I cannot see a 1TB hard disk in Vista Explorer. There are no relevant messages in the event logs etc. I can save data to it (via apps, word, excel, downloads etc). I just cannot see it in windows when I go to my computer. Also, can't seem to find anything pertinent on the web, lost about a vista drive not being seen by windows 7 (vice versa), but not what I am looking for.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 9th 10 03:18 PM
by LVTravel Go to last post
14 831
Device Monitor Appliaction by aga151
Hi, I'm getting an eror message on my Advent laptop on Vista stating that the Device Monitor Application is not running. Where and how can I start this task. regards aga
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 21st 09 11:36 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
27 825
help for bluetooth by nelbulani[_3_]
hi i intall bluetooth driver and i need to connect my bluetooth device but one massege showing *chang your discovering setting* can somebody tell me how to chang this setting in vista.and how to make bluetooth discoverabel. thanks
May 19th 10 07:19 AM
by edwardswamp Go to last post
2 825
Driver for Canon LBP 2900 (Vista 64 bit) by BDittrich
I am looking for any print driver for the lbp2900 canon printer on Vista 64 bit (Vista Ultimate). I know that the question has been raised before, but I could not find an answer.. I would greatly appreciate any help..any ideas of other drivers that might be working many thanks in advance.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 29th 10 04:20 PM
by Yanej[_2_] Go to last post
12 817
Vista sound playback devices missing speaker by Victag
I just bought a new PC and there is no sound coming out. If I go to the sound icon in Control Panel, there is only an SPDIF playback device showing, and no speaker option. I am not using the SPDIF port on the soundcard, but have my speakers connected to the other plugs (analog I think they are?) I have tried updating the driver with no luck. Any suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 15th 09 02:52 PM
by tracy Go to last post
21 814
Complete Crash without Blue Screen by Don Deacon
I upgraded to Vista about a month ago and since then my computer (used as a PVR) just keeps crashing. It is not even crashing with a blue screen, it just completely shuts off. After one of these crashes, I can't just power the PC back on either, I have to disconnect the power supply, flip the power switch, reconnect the power supply then boot. I'd swear it was just a HW problem myself but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 29th 08 03:42 PM
by Don Deacon Go to last post
21 811
Drive Error-Checking by dexos
I imagined this to be an easy task. I just ran the drive-check on my d: drive but I am unable to locate the log file to see if there were any problems Does anyone know the location of this file?
August 29th 06 02:59 AM
by dexos Go to last post
0 807
CD-Rom Drive Missing from My Computer by Don1
The CD Rom drive passed out of existence from My Computer, with Vista Home Premium 32-Bit operating system installed in a emachines desktop PC. The error code is: This device cannot start. (Code 10). The driver version is: 6.0.6001.18000 I do not know what caused this problem. Does anyone know how to restore the CD Rom drive? --
May 23rd 08 12:48 PM
by SpyCatcher Go to last post

From The