Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
MIDI latency by wdk
just changed from desktop with XP to laptop with Vista. Now having latency problems with my MIDI keyboard. I've heard Vista can cause latency problems. Is that true, and if so, what can I do? Thanx
June 23rd 07 02:18 PM
by wdk Go to last post
0 128
Movie Maker - Over riding movie audio w/ music by Fruity Fishy
Is it possible for Movie Maker to over ride the audio from my movie with a music track? I've put music tracks in my movie but the audio of me talking is playing at the same time... how can I make it stop? any ideas?
June 23rd 07 03:31 PM
by Fruity Fishy Go to last post
3 127
Vista Movie Maker Transitions problem by phlyman
Hi! I have a new notebook running Vista 32bit home premium and MovieMaker 6.0 I just started using MovieMaker and cannot get transitions to work. Whenever I try to add them to the storyboard/timeline, the preview screen goes blank and I cannot preview the movie at all. I have tried all methods listed in the program help section. Any ideas?
June 23rd 07 03:42 PM
by PapaJohn Go to last post
1 112
windows movie maker by Jill
When publishing movie on movie maker either saving to pc or writing to disc the cpu usage goes from 2% up to 100% and is using a hell of a lot of memory Surely this isnt right and something is going on here that needs sorting Any advice appreciated
June 23rd 07 03:54 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
3 116
credit animation by Mama J
Hi. I'm working with adding a beginning credit using the "newpaper" clip. Is there anyway to add a photo in the blue box? I can add text but it looks you can add a photo to look like the front page of a newspaper. Thanks,
June 23rd 07 03:57 PM
by Mama J Go to last post
2 112
DVD Maker stopping at one point by bukavuonline.com
I have been making dvds before with my window movie maker and saving on dvds with the dvd maker on window vista premium, lately it has stopped saving on computer or dvd, what can i do? please. Thank you
June 23rd 07 06:35 PM
by bukavuonline.com Go to last post
0 113
Windows DVD Maker: Green Menu Crud by Teddy
Some menu templates, such as "performance," preview with a green distorted crud around the video, both on the static preview and when I click "preview" to see the menu actually function. This isn't what the tiny thumbnail suggests should be there. Do I have to burn one to see if it comes out ok, or is this a known problem and I should wait for a fix or choose a different menu? Thanks,
June 23rd 07 06:35 PM
by Teddy Go to last post
0 106
Audio/Mp3 button in Control panel classic view by sunkori
In classic view for Control Panel. I can't seem to find the audo/mp3 player icon. I see it in the Xp version but can't find it in the vista. It's really nifty for opening my Mp3 player and taking files out of it. Anyone know how to get that icon for vista. Or how to open my Mp3 player in vista? thanks for any hellp!
June 24th 07 05:23 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post
1 133
Burning CDs by Stish
Hi I get a message when I click burn in Media Player, connect a burner and restart the Player. I have a DVD/CD burner LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165H6S SCSI CdRom Device is what it comes up as the driver is (so its tells me) up-to-date (its not an external one). When I drag the album to the right the Start Button is not enable presumably due to the message what can I do its a new pc I assume it...
June 24th 07 07:08 AM
by Stish Go to last post
0 140
Photo Gallery strips or overwrites Olympus camera markers by Greg
I'd advise anyone with an Olympus camera that places Camedia panorama markers on jpegs to think twice about using Windows Gallery to download them to their computer. Windows Gallery when it imports them appears to overwrite the markers that tell the Olympus Camedia/Master software that the pictures are part of a panorama, with its own markers that specify things like the folder you've...
June 24th 07 07:59 AM
by Greg Go to last post
0 139
Windows DVD maker screen size problems by Rich_the_owl
When i burn a avi. movie file using windows dvd maker the size is always shortened width wise when i put it on my TV. Its even more weird because the menu at the beginning is the correct size but whenever I start the film it shrinks width wise. Please help.
June 24th 07 09:49 AM
by Cthu1hu Go to last post
3 150
formating video files by rueanna
how do i change video formats from say avi to mpg,or mpg to mp3
June 24th 07 03:52 PM
by Adam Albright Go to last post
2 134
Move from DIS Library on XP to Vista Gallery by mfmaricle
Is there a simple way to move the MS Digital Imaging Library database on an XP machine to a Vista machine, and have it used by the Vista Photo Gallery? Will renamining the pictures.pd3 file to pictures.pd4, and moving all the image files to similarly-named directories on the Vista machine do it?
June 24th 07 06:19 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 145
Photo Gallery - No Picture displayed by
Hi, When I double-click a picture in Photo Gallery it changes as though it's going to show the large picture, but all I get is a blank screen, the Vista hourglass and sometimes a message saying the picture can't be displayed. If I start a slideshow or choose to open in paint, it's fine. Pictures work in Media Center as well. 30GB spare on all drives a 1.5GB of memory, so the error message...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 24th 07 06:36 PM
by DRBE Go to last post
11 369
Using Riva Encoder with Vista by Ddronron
I was able to use Riva Encoder with Windows XP but am having a problem using it with Vista. If you use Riva Encoder with Vista, can you please offer a suggestion on what I might try to get it to work. Thanks.
June 24th 07 08:10 PM
by Ddronron Go to last post
0 153
WMP 11 Stuttering by Toast
Whenever I play any audio, ANY audio (Windows sounds, DVDs, CDs, music in my library), the sound always stutters, as if it's being chopped up. I need help on this, please. Windows Vista Home Premium, upgraded from XP SP2 WMP 11 with no add-ons Vista is updated fully No special graphics on at the time (Aero, Sidebar disabled)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 24th 07 10:08 PM
by Shitsui No Hito Go to last post
21 372
Vista burn problem by CJSM
I have just upgraded to Vista Business. In XP I used RecordNow!ver7 to make CD & DVD data & picture file backup in 45 min. with verify. My XP & RecordNow! ver9 did not get along, it crashed the computer, among other things! The Vista analizer said ver7 was not compatible with Vista. In Vista I can't burn a disk! For the exact same material 3.5 Gb on a 4.7Gb disk it would take 1 day & 16...
June 25th 07 12:11 AM
by CJSM Go to last post
6 139
Delay playing songs off HDD in Media Player/Center by Tobyer Fieu
When the play button is pressed (or any of the various other means of playing media, e.g. double clicking, clicking links, &c.) there is a delay of some 5-10 seconds before the song or video begins to play. During this time, CPU usage rises to 50-60%, shown in task manager to be used by svchost.exe (NOT wmplayer.exe or its variants). This has only occured since installing Vista Ultimate,...
June 25th 07 03:08 AM
by Tobyer Fieu Go to last post
1 152
How can I burn a movie using Windows DVD Maker without encoding? by Vaibhav
I was trying to burn a home movie which I had already converted to a .VOB file or DVD file but the video turned out to be horrible. I am sure this was due to the encoding since the original was crystal clear. To fix this I need to stop Windows DVD Maker from encoding the file and just adding the nice menu style. Is there any way I can burn without encoding and still have the menu style?
June 25th 07 03:17 AM
by Vaibhav Go to last post
0 133
Music file information by Robert J. Richter
I have copied my music files from my old Xp system, but when I look at them in explorer I can not find any of the file info (Artists, Album, Genre) that has been downloaded, I discovered this when I could not get this info in Media Player. I have done a find album info in media player, but when I go to "now playing, no info shows up other than title and length, and no other columns are...
June 25th 07 06:32 PM
by Robert J. Richter Go to last post

From The