Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
XP - Vista Networking problem by Rick Morrison
I have a Desktop running XP - SP3 wired to a Linksys wireless router. My Vista laptop is wireless. I can connect to the Internet fine from either machine. I can see and access the laptop from the desktop but I can't see the desktop XP machine from the Vista laptop. I went through this same thing with my network up north but now that we've moved back to Florida I've got the same problem. ...
October 29th 09 12:31 AM
by Rick Morrison Go to last post
0 177
ARP table questions by Mattias
I have noticed some differences between XP and Vista regarding the ARP table: 1. It is impossible to add a new entry to the ARP table if there exists an invalid entry already. How to reproduce: 1. Ping free IP address, "ping 10.91.1.50", the ping times out. 2. Investigate the ARP table, "arp -a -v", there exists an invalid entry at 10.91.1.50. 3. Try to add a new entry, "arp -s...
October 28th 09 08:06 PM
by shaddow Go to last post
5 380
Do you want to allow scripts to run? by churin
How can I suppress the above message on IE8?
October 28th 09 01:13 PM
by churin Go to last post
8 267
Do you want to allow scripts to run? by churin
How can I suppress the above message on IE8?
October 27th 09 12:26 PM
by churin Go to last post
0 144
Finding the IP address for a router by Ken W
I have a Linksys router and I have to change the configuration. Unfortunately, I don't know the IP address I need to enter into Explorer. I had to change the default address.
October 27th 09 02:00 AM
by andrew Go to last post
6 274
Can't find address for wireless router by Ken W
I have a Linksys wireless router, but I don't know how to find the IP address to configure it. I've had it for a few years now and can't find the documentation, but I changed the IP address from the standard one they always use. How can I find what it is?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 26th 09 06:21 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
12 415
Finding the IP address for a router by Ken W
I have a Linksys router and I have to change the configuration. Unfortunately, I don't know the IP address I need to enter into Explorer. I had to change the default address.
October 26th 09 02:34 PM
by Ken W Go to last post
0 161
Slow Printing Response on Network - Vista to XP - Please Help by Neil
Hi, I wasn't sure the proper place to post this message - here or on printing message board - so, please forgive the potential lack of etiquette. I am printing on a small two-computer network -- from a Vista Home Premium Toshiba laptop to a Compaq laptop running XP. I have two HP printers connected to the Compaq. When I connect a printer directly to the Vista laptop, all printing functions...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 26th 09 09:55 AM
by creativev Go to last post
10 437
Can't Access Printer- Access Denied. by Jordan H.
Hi Gang, Here's the scoop, I'm trying to access a Lexmark X1185 from a Vista RC1 box running 32bit OS. The Printer is attached to a machine running XP Home SP2. File & Printer Sharing is enabled on both machines and I can access the shared folder on the XP machine from the Vista box. However when attempting to add the shared printer on Vista, it keeps popping up with an Äccess Denied"...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 26th 09 01:17 AM
by Murat-texas Go to last post
32 1,105
share button grey by Minion450
I am trying to to share some folders on my laptop. I have file sharing and public folder sharing turned on. When i go to the folder to share it, the share button is grey. I can click on advanced sharing and play with those settings but i still can't access the folder. I can see the folders in the other computer but my access is denied. i don't have permision.
October 25th 09 07:04 PM
by davefinch[_2_] Go to last post
5 344
Can't find address for wireless router by Ken W
I have a Linksys wireless router, but I don't know how to find the IP address to configure it. I've had it for a few years now and can't find the documentation, but I changed the IP address from the standard one they always use. How can I find what it is?
October 25th 09 05:08 PM
by Ken W Go to last post
0 170
msn massnger after sleeping mode by sszkh
i use windows vista, i need to confirm this please, if you are available on msn massenger and didnt log out, then i put my laptop on sleep mode, then i leave home while my laptop still on sleep mode, there is no wifi on air, and when i open my laptop on a place that provides internet, my msn masenger reconnect automatically, (even my signing in set up is not to sign in automatically after turing...
October 25th 09 01:56 AM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
6 224
Disconnecting every 10-40 minutes by Creowks
I recently bought a new router, which seemed to be working properly. It's one of the newest ones out there, therefore a very good one. My internet has been working fine for a few days, until 2 days ago. Don't get me wrong. I have internet, it's working fine, however, every 10-40 minutes (or somewhere around there), my internet seems to randomly disconnect, and within 10-15 seconds, I'm...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 24th 09 08:28 PM
by Gahawy Go to last post
15 637
msn status while sleeping mode by sszkh[_3_]
i need to know the msn status changes during and after the case below: is it to be offline while sleeping mode and it shows to my contact list that i just signed in after waking the laptop on. i use windows vista, i need to confirm this please, if you are available on msn massenger and didnt log out, then i put my laptop into a sleep mode, then i leave home while my laptop still into sleep...
October 24th 09 06:54 PM
by sszkh[_3_] Go to last post
0 170
Remote Access Vista Home Premium 64 bit by FKlassen[_2_]
Hello, Does anyone have a method for enabling the remote access feature on a 64 bit Vista Home Premium PC? Thanks. FK
October 24th 09 04:26 PM
by FKlassen[_2_] Go to last post
4 282
Stalling on boot when mapped drives inaccesable by Wyrmul
I have a few laptops part of our domain. They are connected to a few network printers and mapped to a few shares. When the laptops are connected to the domain network they boot just fine. But when they are unconnected to the network the time from power on to login screen triples. And the time from login to functioning desktop also triples. I am thinking that this is a timeout issue where...
October 24th 09 01:51 PM
by Alan Biddle Go to last post
6 278
Vista DNS Resolution by James E Wilson
Have problem as above. Vista Home Premium 32-bit. I understand my ISP only uses IPv4 - Virgin Media www.virginmedia.com Anyway, name resolution does not work in Vista. I operate a LAN behind a router - GTA GNAT 3.42. This is merely a debian linux router kernel with features like HA (high availability et al). I use a PIII Coppremine, 512MB, CompactFlashCard with linux image, 3Com 10/100 PCI on...
October 24th 09 01:47 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
8 286
Internet explorer unable to display website by yaro137
This is a rather weird one. I can ping my default gateway, 4.2.2.2 and google.com just fine. There are no proxies set up in IE LAN Settings. When connecting via cable I'm getting a right IP assigned by my router. Bizarrely I can establish a VPN connection to my work just fine. Scanned for spyware and viruses with nothing detected. Restarted the router. The only thing that's out of normal is that...
October 24th 09 12:06 PM
by yaro137 Go to last post
4 242
msn status while sleeping mode by sszkh[_2_]
i use windows vista, i need to confirm this please, if you are available on msn massenger and didnt log out, then i put my laptop on sleep mode, then i leave home while my laptop still on sleep mode, there is no wifi on air, and when i open my laptop on a place that provides internet, my msn masenger reconnect automatically, (even my signing in set up is not to sign in automatically after turing...
October 23rd 09 11:24 PM
by sszkh[_2_] Go to last post
0 194
Neworking with an XP desktop and a vista laptop by upt68e
After two days and reading many, many threads, I finally got to the place where I can see both my XP desktop and my vista laptop on the network full map display. There are dotted lines from both computers to the router. However, the XP desktop doesn't show up when I choose computers and devices or under network. Any ideas?
October 23rd 09 05:16 PM
by Mfdavies2003[_2_] Go to last post

From The