Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
VPN problem by hm
I have created a VPN server to accept incoming connections in Vista Business, also set routing and remote access service to automatic. But when I am trying to connect from a client (Vista Business) computer I am getting "Registering your computer on the network, Registered". and the Media State shows Connected, but IPv4 connectivity says Limited. I have configured the server to give IP...
November 11th 09 12:23 PM
by raymt82 Go to last post
6 442
disable automatic search for shared printers by tricky300
Hi, Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. On Win XP there was a tick box under folder options view tab to enable/disable automatic searching for network folders and printers. I cannot find the equivalent for this in Vista Business or Vista Ultimate. Does anyone know how to do this in Vista?
November 11th 09 02:29 AM
by tricky300 Go to last post
0 164
Unknown Device In Network Map by rak
Network and Sharing Center/See full map indicates an unknown device between one of my pc's and the router. Device Manager shows only one unknown entry. That is a Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer. Acronis True Image 10 is on that pc. Should this show up on the network map? It not, how can I determine what the unknown device is?
November 10th 09 02:25 AM
by rak Go to last post
0 164
Unknown Device In Network Map by rak
Network and Sharing Center/See full map indicates an unknown device between one of my pc's and the router. Device Manager shows only one unknown entry. That is a Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer. Acronis True Image 10 is on that pc. Should this show up on the network map? It not, how can I determine what the unknown device is?
November 10th 09 02:25 AM
by rak Go to last post
0 261
Vista Machine Cant Connect To The Internet by joe_k
Hi Guyz, I have a Vista machine which was transfered from another office to our offices.... After setting up the computer to our LAN, joining the work group and making all necessary setting(IP, Gateway, DNS) to enable Internet connection. The computer can be seen by other machines on the Network but it cant connect to the Internet. What could be the problem. There is another Vista Machine on...
November 9th 09 07:59 AM
by GENERAL_SNOWBALL Go to last post
7 321
Vista Unidentified network error by cad
Hello, I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate SP1. I am not getting a unidentified network error. This was from a clean install, so no norton etc blocking. I also disabled windows firewall. I am connected to a Linksys N Ultra router (wired). I have tried the general info people have posted on other forums and am having 0 luck. I even set up a static IP and I still cant see anything on the...
November 8th 09 07:19 AM
by jstudly07 Go to last post
7 416
Won't remember network user ids/passwords by Tom Newton
Is there a way to make Vista Home Premium remember network passwords so I do not have to re-enter them every time I re-start my computer. I have tried checking the remember password option but it does not do anything. Simply want to maintain a network connection to 2 computers and a shared printer on a home network. Please don't tell me that Vista Home Premium doesn't remember network...
November 7th 09 02:04 PM
by Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 311
Please help by Tom Newton
Hi, I'm trying to maintain a connection to two shares (including a printer) on a home network. Is there a way to make Vista Home Premium remember network passwords so I do not have to re-enter them every time I re-start my computer. I have tried checking the remember password option but it does not do anything. I have read elsewhere that Vista Home Premium - specifically - doesn't...
November 6th 09 03:56 PM
by Tom Newton Go to last post
0 142
Please help by Tom Newton
Hi, I'm trying to maintain a connection to two shares (including a printer) on a home network. Is there a way to make Vista Home Premium remember network passwords so I do not have to re-enter them every time I re-start my computer. I have tried checking the remember password option but it does not do anything. I have read elsewhere that Vista Home Premium - specifically - doesn't...
November 6th 09 03:56 PM
by Tom Newton Go to last post
0 290
Remove/Changing Network Share by eldiener
How do I remove a network share ? If I open up Network and I open another computer on the network I see all my network shares. But I want to remove some of them. I do no see any way to do this from the pop-up menu. How do I change the usename/password to a network share to which I need to connect ? f I open up Network and I open another computer on the network I see all my network shares. But I...
November 6th 09 03:37 PM
by eldiener Go to last post
4 295
Cannot copy or save file onto a network hard drive by Boog
Hey Y'All, My home network consists of a desktop (XP Home SP3) and a laptop (Vista Home Premium SP2 ). The desktop is wired and the laptop is connected wirelessly to a Linksys WRT600n router. The laptop has a drive mapped to a subdirectory in the 'All Users\Documents' (Shared Documents) directory on the C: drive of the desktop. I discovered my problem when using the Outlook Backup add-in. ...
November 6th 09 04:26 AM
by Boog Go to last post
4 341
sleep mode & internet connectivity issue solved! by sander0501
I have upgraded my Dell Dimension 9200 in March to Vista Ultimate and have had the same issue as many, many others....recovering from sleep mode the connection to internet was gone; only a full boot/restart solved the problem. I have used the driver update for the NIC (intel 82566dc) via the device manager (the driver was a 2006 version) and no better driver was found...tried to change the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 5th 09 11:40 PM
by Robbie[_2_] Go to last post
10 479
Won't remember network user ids/passwords by Tom Newton
Is there a way to make Vista Home Premium remember network passwords so I do not have to re-enter them every time I re-start my computer. I have tried checking the remember password option but it does not do anything. Simply want to maintain a network connection to 2 computers and a shared printer on a home network. Please don't tell me that Vista Home Premium doesn't remember network...
November 5th 09 11:24 PM
by Tom Newton Go to last post
0 159
Sharing Printers by BertP[_2_]
I have 2 computers in a network. Each connected to its own printer. Files from each computer can be accessed at both computer. It works great. I can share the printers from one of the computers. However, I cannot share the printers from the other computer I hope my explanation is clear. Should it be possible to share printers from each of the computers? XP on each computer.
November 5th 09 09:45 PM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
2 345
SP1 and Network List Service by Peter Cassidy
Ok, installed Vista SP1 and now there's no network icon in system tray but actual internet access works fine. I go to taskbar properties and select always show network icon and the icon reappears but I get the two computers with a red X. I mouse over it and get a window "connection status unknown : the service to detect this status is turned off." So I click the message and I get these...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 5th 09 08:24 PM
by jdbcan Go to last post
11 815
Vista Laptop Regularly Loses Wireless Internet Connection by nigelord
We have 3 PCs at home, 2 with XP on them and 1 with Vista. We use BT Wireless Broadband. Every few days the Vista PC will lose connection - it is still receiving the wireless signal from the router, but it cannot get to the internet. This rarely, if ever, happens on the XP machines. The only way to re-connect the Vista machine to the internet is to power off/on the router and then it reconnects...
November 5th 09 04:39 PM
by nigelord Go to last post
0 206
Remove/Changing Network Share by eldiener
How do I remove a network share ? If I open up Network and I open another computer on the network I see all my network shares. But I want to remove some of them. I do no see any way to do this from the pop-up menu. How do I change the usename/password to a network share to which I need to connect ? f I open up Network and I open another computer on the network I see all my network shares. But I...
November 5th 09 02:34 PM
by eldiener Go to last post
0 143
Sharing Printers by BertP[_2_]
I have 2 computers in a network. Each connected to its own printer. Files from each computer can be accessed at both computer. It works great. I can share the printers from one of the computers. However, I cannot share the printers from the other computer I hope my explanation is clear. Should it be possible to share printers from each of the computers? XP on each computer.
November 5th 09 01:03 PM
by BertP[_2_] Go to last post
0 149
Windows 7 Networking by Zuvuya
Hello, I am having trouble with my network in Windows 7. My firewall recognizes my network on all three computers and they are all correctly named. Ethernet, but wireless gives no luck either. It's set to home network, with network drives mapped on all computers. Vista worked well this way but on 7 the network in Windows Explorer only recognizes the computer it's opened on. Any help...
November 5th 09 06:42 AM
by CrucialHoax Go to last post
4 360
Cannot copy or save file onto a network hard drive by Boog
Hey Y'All, My home network consists of a desktop (XP Home SP3) and a laptop (Vista Home Premium SP2 ). The desktop is wired and the laptop is connected wirelessly to a Linksys WRT600n router. The laptop has a drive mapped to a subdirectory in the 'All Users\Documents' (Shared Documents) directory on the C: drive of the desktop. I discovered my problem when using the Outlook Backup add-in. ...
November 5th 09 01:24 AM
by Boog Go to last post

From The