Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Can't delete folder by Sammie
When I try to delete a folder in the my music folder of my documents, I get the error: "The action can't be completed because the folder is open in another program. Close the folder & try again." I have tried deleting the folder in safe mode. I have installed the hotfix from KB 949857. I tried unlocker freeware. I tried deleting the file on the server. I can't rename it either - "You...
September 16th 09 09:21 PM
by Jim[_49_] Go to last post
4 288
Administrative rights for CMD by klee
I am getting the error: iexplore.exe assert in lsp......and some of the answers say to type winsock reset in the CMD menu, but it tells me it needs "elevation". How do I give myself admin rights so I can try this:confused: -- klee
September 16th 09 06:55 AM
by No Name Go to last post
2 226
Can't delete folder by Sammie
When I try to delete a folder in the my music folder of my documents, I get the error: "The action can't be completed because the folder is open in another program. Close the folder & try again." I have tried deleting the folder in safe mode. I have installed the hotfix from KB 949857. I tried unlocker freeware. I tried deleting the file on the server. I can't rename it either - "You...
September 16th 09 03:53 AM
by Sammie Go to last post
0 151
Administrative rights for CMD by klee
I am getting the error: iexplore.exe assert in lsp......and some of the answers say to type winsock reset in the CMD menu, but it tells me it needs "elevation". How do I give myself admin rights so I can try this:confused: -- klee
September 16th 09 03:08 AM
by klee Go to last post
0 164
Viability of power-line intrusions by Peter Foldes
lloyd Take your meds and stop spamming these MS newsgroups with your delusional crap -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
September 16th 09 02:34 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
0 250
Viability of power-line intrusions by Peter Foldes
lloyd Take your meds and stop spamming these MS newsgroups with your delusional crap -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
September 16th 09 02:34 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
0 177
RDP Certificate for Vista by pkokkinis
Hi, if I enable RDP on Vista and connect via RDP to the machine a selfsigned certificate is created and used for the RDP(S) connection. Is there a way to select another the RDP certificate as in Windows Server 2003 SP1? I deleted the selfsigned certificare and requested a Computer certificate from a enterprise CA, but on establishing a new RDP connection a new selfsigned certificate is created...
September 15th 09 05:55 PM
by pkokkinis Go to last post
0 155
RDP Certificate for Vista by pkokkinis
Hi, if I enable RDP on Vista and connect via RDP to the machine a selfsigned certificate is created and used for the RDP(S) connection. Is there a way to select another the RDP certificate as in Windows Server 2003 SP1? I deleted the selfsigned certificare and requested a Computer certificate from a enterprise CA, but on establishing a new RDP connection a new selfsigned certificate is created...
September 15th 09 05:55 PM
by pkokkinis Go to last post
0 214
RDP Certificate for Vista by pkokkinis
Wow. how does that help? -- pkokkinis
September 15th 09 05:37 PM
by John Galt Go to last post
2 268
RDP Certificate for Vista by pkokkinis
Wow. how does that help? -- pkokkinis
September 15th 09 04:31 PM
by pkokkinis Go to last post
0 150
RDP Certificate for Vista by pkokkinis
I am having the same issue. Have you found a solution? -- pkokkinis
September 15th 09 04:10 PM
by Ray Luca Go to last post
2 220
RDP Certificate for Vista by pkokkinis
I am having the same issue. Have you found a solution? -- pkokkinis
September 15th 09 03:26 PM
by pkokkinis Go to last post
0 154
Bitlocker Volume by Wonko
Hi, i use Windows 7 on a PC at Work, a hard disk in a removable rack stores confidential data. This disk is secured with Bitlocker. Now i want to access this disk on an other computer which runs Windows Vista x64 Ultimate. In the Bitlocker maintenance i see the disk an there is an Option to restore access (unlock). But when activating, an error shows up, that there are no recovery keys.
September 13th 09 08:34 PM
by Wonko Go to last post
0 213
Bitlocker Volume by Wonko
Hi, i use Windows 7 on a PC at Work, a hard disk in a removable rack stores confidential data. This disk is secured with Bitlocker. Now i want to access this disk on an other computer which runs Windows Vista x64 Ultimate. In the Bitlocker maintenance i see the disk an there is an Option to restore access (unlock). But when activating, an error shows up, that there are no recovery keys.
September 13th 09 08:34 PM
by Wonko Go to last post
0 120
Setting up localhost Default Website by rskindree
HTTP ERROR 401.3 - UNAUTHORIZED *You do not have permission to view this directory or page because of the access control list (ACL) configuration or encryption settings for this resource on the Web server.* I cannot seem to find out what to do about this - Added NETWORK SERVICE and IIS_IUSRS to Security tab of the virtual directory. Cannot find any relevant info on this when doing a search. ...
September 13th 09 04:17 PM
by rskindree Go to last post
4 218
Setting up localhost Default Website by rskindree
HTTP ERROR 401.3 - UNAUTHORIZED *You do not have permission to view this directory or page because of the access control list (ACL) configuration or encryption settings for this resource on the Web server.* I cannot seem to find out what to do about this - Added NETWORK SERVICE and IIS_IUSRS to Security tab of the virtual directory. Cannot find any relevant info on this when doing a search. ...
September 13th 09 02:31 AM
by rskindree Go to last post
0 141
Tune up by joyann
i go to the windows tune up on windows vista home and it say it is checking for high priority security updates. But it stuck at 0% and flashes like its checking up this goes on ofr hrs and never udates. i have to turn it off and my windows live one care from quest yells at me. saying i havent tuned my compter in weeks. PLEASE HELP.
September 13th 09 01:56 AM
by Cody Jarrett Go to last post
4 215
dat keeps closing ie8 by computerdude5000
my computer got hit with a bunch of viruses (curse google) one started to make ie8 close cause of dep most of them got blocked by norten360 thank the lord how can i make ie8 fixed and get the outhers of my hard drive here is the list of viruses on my computer backdoor.tidserv packed.generic.233 backdoor.tidserv!inf privacycenter securityrisk.downldr again securityrisk.downldr
September 13th 09 01:32 AM
by computerdude5000 Go to last post
4 238
Vista password not being accepted by Mark Farrow
Hello and help please. I have just added a password to my accout as i was going to set up user accounts for the kids to use the pc as well. typed password in, then confirmed it (yes I am 100% sure of the password) but when i rebooted the pc and entered the password it comes up as password incorrect - i have a linux boot disc for recovering passwords from pc's (only every used on windows xp,...
September 12th 09 11:38 PM
by Mark Farrow Go to last post
2 199
Tune up by joyann
i go to the windows tune up on windows vista home and it say it is checking for high priority security updates. But it stuck at 0% and flashes like its checking up this goes on ofr hrs and never udates. i have to turn it off and my windows live one care from quest yells at me. saying i havent tuned my compter in weeks. PLEASE HELP.
September 12th 09 11:06 PM
by joyann Go to last post

From The