Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista Tricks, Tips and Hidden Tools! by Russel Pitt
These Hidden tools will help you get maximum performance, Networking Vista,Using USB keys to improve Vista performance ,What's Inside Vista: The Best of Vista's New Tools, Tweak Security Settings in XP and Vista and many more at... http://vista-tricks-tips.blogspot.com
November 20th 07 04:05 AM
by ritzput Go to last post
1 299
Need to Launch outllok in Administrator mode, but not manually by Kidd
I tried launching Outlook programmatically. It opened in Standard mode and I don't want to launch the application manually(i.e Run as Administrator option). How do i launch outlook in Administrator mode through program? Reason: I created a sample application(in VC++) and invoked Outlook programmatically,but it got launched as Standard user. My application is in admin mode and i want to transfer...
November 20th 07 04:03 AM
by Kidd Go to last post
0 260
Prevent Other users shutting the computer down by Haircut
How can I prevent Other users shutting the computer down?
November 20th 07 03:48 AM
by Steve Riley [MSFT] Go to last post
3 285
ASP IIS error '8002801d' by Humayun Shabbir
Hello I am using Windows Vista Ultimate 64, recently i install AOL Messenger 6.5 that corrupted my WMI database. I was able to repair some issues from following post. http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/forums/windows-vista/aim-6-5-causes-audio-loss-wmi-corruption-91021.html But i am not able to run ASP under the IIS. When i try to open an asp page on localhost i get this error.
November 20th 07 02:25 AM
by Humayun Shabbir Go to last post
0 301
delete user accounts by billmbrown
My computer layout is: Computer OS(C:) Users AppData Bill (this is me - the sole user on the computer) Default Desktop IUSR_NMPR I don't know what this is Public ] I don't know anything about this - it screws up operations!
November 20th 07 01:20 AM
by angel2005[_4_] Go to last post
7 350
Copying to System32 by Joe_Buddha
I have a corrupt wship6.dll file. Rather than go through the hassle of repairing my system, I thought I'd just copy the file from another identical system. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any way to copy it to the system32 file. Can you help me? Or, is there a better way to fix this?
November 20th 07 01:11 AM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
4 319
Added New User Account but can't access by Julie01961
am trying to play LOTRO but have yet to get passed the "cannot save data files" error. Their Support is trying to help me and for the third pass, has suggested I set up a new user account as a standard user. (I previously had only Admin and Guest). I set up the new account just fine, but it will not appear when I try to change log ons. I have restarted, logged off, and shut down and...
November 19th 07 10:38 PM
by Julie01961 Go to last post
0 239
Multiple Users,changes not made to all by Krissipoh
I am trying to add my brother as a user. I want him to have all access to thing but I dont want his changes ( Moving files, changing icon on dest top) to affect the computer and other users. I remember in the old widows when you set up a account the first time you logged on it ask you to make it private it pre vented changes you made affecting others accounts. I want the computer to stay...
November 19th 07 09:54 PM
by Krissipoh Go to last post
0 279
File from CD is protected by annieuk
I have Vista Home Premium. I have successfully burned files to CD, but when I read one back, which is just a MS Word doc, access is prohibited. I saved it as Word 97-2003 in Compatibility mode, so that those without Vista can read it. I cannot access it with XP either. I formatted the CD as one that would burn files perminently onto it. I was the user and administrator (whatever it's called). I...
November 19th 07 09:23 PM
by annieuk Go to last post
0 270
Is it possible to stop a standard account from intalling & uninsta by Jack3342
Is it possible to stop a standard account from installing and uninstalling softwares and such? I am using windows vista home premium.
November 19th 07 02:04 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
1 253
Cannot access a directory or file by buencs
I have a 32 bit VISTA which does not allow access to a directory/file. Whenever I try to access the directory it says "Access denied"' The directory is MY PICTURES. What am i TO DO? It is not file dependent since several types are involved incl jpg & mov.
November 19th 07 07:36 AM
by brink[_1935_] Go to last post
1 234
Logon to a default user account by Biker[_2_]
Hi My Vista system has 3 user accounts with 1 of them password protected. When my computer is booted up I would like it to startup in one of the non-passworded accounts without going to the Logon menu first. Is this possible? -- Paul
November 18th 07 10:21 PM
by Biker[_2_] Go to last post
3 261
How Do You Enable Administrator in Home Basic by Hal[_2_]
I've been able to do this fine in Ultimate, but need to stay with Home Basic on my HP laptop because the laptop has figerprint reader and Ultimate will not allow upgrade. In Ultimate I can right click on My Computer and enable the administrator account in users and groups. Vista Home Basic does not have this feature. TIA
November 18th 07 08:44 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
2 280
Stop from loading - 'Blocked Startup Programs' by Hemanth
Hi How do I stop 'Blocked Startup Programs' from loading during boot-up, on Vista Basic? Hemanth
November 18th 07 08:35 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
4 236
Where has the default user gone? by Dellboy
I want to create a desktop icon that appears on the desktop of everyone who logs onto that Vista PC. In XP, you could use default user desktop and place an icon there. I can't find how to do this in Vista. Help...
November 18th 07 08:05 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
3 230
Inserting page numbers by Thel
How do I insert page numbers in my report? XP was easy. Can't find in my new Vista. Thel
November 18th 07 08:04 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
2 240
Set user-environmentvars as restricted User by Th0u
Hello, on XP i could setup user-specific environment-variables while being logged on as a restricted user via Shortcut WIN+Pause and then go to environment. The applet shows in the upper part of the gui the environment for the current user and in the lower part the system-environment. As restricted user i can edit the user-env, but not the system-env which is as expected. On Vista, i did not...
November 18th 07 07:18 PM
by Th0u Go to last post
2 224
Admin password not working by dixiemomma
After I enter my password it begins to load then I get this message: User Profile Service service failed logon. User profile cannot be loaded. How do I fix this? -- Dell inspiron 531s Window vista basic 1G
November 18th 07 03:09 PM
by dixiemomma Go to last post
0 236
Admin lockout by Ten419
I am signed in as the administrator on my computer but sometimes when a try to open certain programs or try to change settings I get a message that I am not authorized to continue and to see my administrator. How can I fix this?
November 18th 07 03:06 PM
by P. Di Stolfo Go to last post
1 311
Spy Shredder - disables my desktop by [email protected]
I went onto a website a couple of days a go and spy shredder downloaded, and once i had got rid of it my desktop went black! i went in to change it and it says - 'This Feature has been Disabled - Please contact computer administrtor' Well i thought i was the admin??? if anyone knows please help!
November 18th 07 11:45 AM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post

From The