Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Lost Administrator Password by Michael Armstro
If you forget the administrator’s password but still can log on Windows with other user names that have administrative privileges, you may follow the instructions below: Right click the computer icon on your desktop, select Manage, find Local Users and Groups, unfold Users folder, right click Administrator, click Set password… in the menu comes up. Click Proceed in the dialog, in the...
October 23rd 09 01:40 AM
by Michael Armstro Go to last post
0 435
Permission denied for deleting by kenp
Trying to load Twain vista update for Epson scanner,I deleted old thro control panel. when I checked windows file Epson scanner was there with date11/10/2009, clicked on that to delete the usual notes come up "are you sure etc." when I confirm another note says"Epson scanner you need permission to delete this" and gives date 02/11/2006, I am admin for this computer,, no other users ,try the...
October 22nd 09 08:11 AM
by kenp Go to last post
0 421
Disable/Prevent auto-logoff by calphalon
After countless hours of searching I've found no answer... How does one disable the auto-logoff in vista?! I've search high and low in display settings, power management, group policies, and have also tried numerous 'net' commands in cmd with no luck. I use logmein from another computer in my home and watch movies to a computer connected to my tv. However, im getting VERY frustrated at how I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 21st 09 06:05 AM
by Relentless904 Go to last post
14 892
demos by [email protected]
mande unos demos
October 20th 09 02:59 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 439
demos by [email protected]
mande unos demos
October 20th 09 02:59 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 572
User Account Failed to Load by Orion Cochrane
Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1 32 bit This has happened twice with 2 admin accounts. They try to login, and once they enter their password, a message comes that says that the user profile failed to load. It then logs the user off. In order to salvage the accounts and files, I had to login as myself and copy and paste the files over to new accounts. No actual data is lost. Is this a common...
October 17th 09 08:28 PM
by djesi[_4_] Go to last post
9 655
system event notification service????? by sandracfla35
I am the administrator on my p.c. And i have two other acccounts on it, my account works fine but when we try and sign on to the other accounts it says "windows could not connect to the system event notification service . please consult your system administrator." And will not let you on can someone tell me how to fix this .? PLEASE.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 17th 09 07:54 PM
by djesi[_3_] Go to last post
18 1,491
harddrive locked with password I never assigned by Judy Antunano
I have a dell computer.I assigned a administrative password but didn't assign a harddrive password,Well my computer started acting strange and NOW its stating the hard drive is locked until I unlock with password.I NEVER assigned it one.Anyone have any ideas?How to override it or something?Thanks EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Book Review: Essential C# 2.0...
October 14th 09 05:43 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
2 493
Vista Locked user pop up......HELP!!! by sehk
After my sony laptop sits idle for 3-5 mins I get a pop up that has the user picture and below it says Locked How can I stop this as it is annoying me I have no passwords and UAC is off...... -- sehk
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 14th 09 02:39 AM
by Noddsta Go to last post
22 1,277
administrative rights! by George Wilkin s
Let'start with .......... I am the administrator.......Vista says so! But when I try to install a program, Windows says "I must have Administrative rights to install......See Windows help (msi.chm) or MSDN" How can I tell Vista that I have these rights? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
October 11th 09 05:49 PM
by George Wilkin s Go to last post
4 489
nn riesco ad accedere alle funzioni da amministartore by rubenbattaglia
salve, premetto che nn sono molto pratico di pc, ho un problema da qualche giorno con il mio pc, un acer aspire 6930g con win vista home premium, credo siano questi i dati.premetto che questi problemi si sono verificati dopo aver installato tuneup utylities 2009 prova, e ora l'ho disinstallato. nn sò bene cosa abbia combinato ma nn riesco più ad intervenire su alcune funzioni perchè mi dice che...
October 11th 09 04:45 PM
by rubenbattaglia Go to last post
0 519
nn riesco ad accedere alle funzioni da amministartore by rubenbattaglia
salve, premetto che nn sono molto pratico di pc, ho un problema da qualche giorno con il mio pc, un acer aspire 6930g con win vista home premium, credo siano questi i dati.premetto che questi problemi si sono verificati dopo aver installato tuneup utylities 2009 prova, e ora l'ho disinstallato. nn sò bene cosa abbia combinato ma nn riesco più ad intervenire su alcune funzioni perchè mi dice che...
October 11th 09 04:45 PM
by rubenbattaglia Go to last post
0 365
administrative rights! by George Wilkin s
Let'start with .......... I am the administrator.......Vista says so! But when I try to install a program, Windows says "I must have Administrative rights to install......See Windows help (msi.chm) or MSDN" How can I tell Vista that I have these rights? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
October 11th 09 03:27 PM
by George Wilkin s Go to last post
0 387
harddrive locked with password I never assigned by Judy Antunano
I have a dell computer.I assigned a administrative password but didn't assign a harddrive password,Well my computer started acting strange and NOW its stating the hard drive is locked until I unlock with password.I NEVER assigned it one.Anyone have any ideas?How to override it or something?Thanks EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Book Review: Essential C# 2.0...
October 11th 09 10:26 AM
by Judy Antunano Go to last post
0 450
Cannot write to the registry at all by TonyMacaroni
Any help would be appreciated as I am totally stuck! Only have one account on Vista Home Premium, which I set up when first loading up the PC - this account is the admin account. I recently trialled some Adobe software, the software ran out and I attempted to uninstall. An error message came up saying I didn't have sufficient priveledges to write to the key/registry and I couldn't properly...
October 11th 09 09:03 AM
by Flavius Go to last post
2 484
Cannot write to the registry at all by TonyMacaroni
Any help would be appreciated as I am totally stuck! Only have one account on Vista Home Premium, which I set up when first loading up the PC - this account is the admin account. I recently trialled some Adobe software, the software ran out and I attempted to uninstall. An error message came up saying I didn't have sufficient priveledges to write to the key/registry and I couldn't properly...
October 11th 09 08:26 AM
by TonyMacaroni Go to last post
0 386
Non elevated user account can't connect to new ISP by maushana
Hi, I currently maintain 10+ computers for one of my cleints. Some of the computers are offsite in different cities and some are local. A few are using vista home premium 32bit and others win xp. I try and maintain them remotely via LogMeIn. All users who access the machines are give user level access. I setup an administrator account on each computer for myself so I can perform admin stuff....
October 9th 09 10:17 PM
by maushana Go to last post
8 567
Apply a shim do an specific application to force the application r by 2008 ts user[_2_]
HI! Is there a way to apply a shim with the application compatibility administrator (from the act) to an specific application to force the application to always run elevated when UAC is enabled, without prompting the user? (do you want to grant the app blabla). I have seen that there are shimns for uac in the application compatbility administrator like "RunasAdmin"
October 8th 09 04:31 PM
by 2008 ts user[_2_] Go to last post
4 621
Apply a shim do an specific application to force the application r by 2008 ts user[_2_]
HI! Is there a way to apply a shim with the application compatibility administrator (from the act) to an specific application to force the application to always run elevated when UAC is enabled, without prompting the user? (do you want to grant the app blabla). I have seen that there are shimns for uac in the application compatbility administrator like "RunasAdmin"
October 8th 09 08:51 AM
by 2008 ts user[_2_] Go to last post
0 394
Accidently made myself limited user by Victorawrr
OHH NO! I had admin privilegies on my work pc (by an accident), and then I did (by accident): "Run *cmd.exe* with administrative previlliges and type *secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose +restart"*
October 8th 09 06:55 AM
by Flavius Go to last post

From The