  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Speed differences between 32-bit and 64-bit Vista? by Phillip Pi
Hi. Since I installed both 32-bit and 64-bit Vista Ultimate Edition on my old test machine (ASUS K8V SE Deluxe, Athlon 64 3200+ , 512 MB of RAM, SATA HDD, etc.), I notice the speeds are identical. I can't see and feel any improvements. I did install the ATI Radeon 9600 AIW drivers to help the video speed, but I just don't see the speed differences. Am I expecting too much or missing...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 11th 07 04:46 AM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post
32 432
ATI Radeon 7000 VE on Dell PowerEdge 1800 by Robert Robinson
The ATI Radeon 7000 VE on-board graphics adapter is correctly recognized by Windows Server 2003, but not by Vista #5536. The Vista beta 2 software from ATI also fails to recognize the 7000 adapter. Does anyone know of a Vista driver for the 7000 ? Thank you. Robert Robinson
September 29th 06 05:20 PM
by J M Schlatter Go to last post
6 429
widescreen by PaulM
I just bought a 19in widescreen monitor and can not get the 1440x900 with Vista.. Yes I installed the monitor driver. Radeon x600 card (256m) -- -------- Paul -------- www.paulsxp.com www.paulsxp.com/forums
August 30th 06 11:56 PM
by PaulM Go to last post
4 428
Sata Drivers - New Hope! by tonya
I am running Vista Beta 2 build 5384 using an old MSI motherboard. When I installed Vista, my SATA onboard drivers stopped working (Promise FastTrak 376 type), as did the third IDE port. No amount of reinstalling drivers worked. Then I came across an IDE card from Maxtor called the SATA/150 which was in the box of a new HD I bought for my daughter. Out of curiosity, I installed that on my...
August 29th 06 10:09 AM
by tonya Go to last post
0 426
RC-1 - SCSI Support by John Falconer
Does anyone know of (by brand and model) any supported SCSI PCI cards known to work with Vista RC-1? I'm tired of waiting for support for my Adaptec 2940 cards.
September 5th 06 12:21 PM
by Mike Bernstein Go to last post
1 426
Pinnacle PCTV Rave Tuner not detected by MediaCenter by Schevenels Patrick
Hello. The TV tuner of my card Pinnacle PCTV Rave is not detected by Windows Vista Media Center (both on Beta 2 and on Pre-RC1, both with Windows Update drivers and with drivers provided with the card). How could I have this tuner detected by Media Center ? Thanks
August 31st 06 05:03 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 426
USB Problems/ drivers wont install by [email protected]
Nothing i plug into my vista system works, vista cant find drivers for any of my stuff, ie; memory stick, mp3, cell phone, external hard drive. i tried that command prompt thing on ms troubleshoot for Autoplay, but no go. everything works great on my xp systems. anyone got any ideas ????
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 27th 09 11:36 PM
by SUSAN Go to last post
29 425
Higher Resolution - Screen Scrolling RC1 by Zilldian
Strange... I'm testing Vista on my laptop (RC1). It's got an ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 in it and it's using the microsoft drivers (version 6.0.5536.16385) By default windows set's my screen resultion to 1024 x 768 @ 60hz. This isn't too bad for a 15 inch LCD but I'd like to set it to 1280 x 1024. When I do, it seems that windows makes the background larger than the LCD screen on the...
September 8th 06 11:34 AM
by Zilldian Go to last post
2 425
External drives by iowabucks[_2_]
Hey everyone, i just got my 500gb Seagate drive back after it bricked from the little firmware issue they had. I also just purchased a 1TB WD drive. I don't really trust the Seagate any more and want to use the 1tb drive as a backup. I had backed up everything 6 months ago but it's amazing how much stuff you accumulate in 6 months time. I am not too knowledgable in hardrives. Not enough to do...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 23rd 10 04:34 PM
by pacinitaly Go to last post
16 424
Nvidia 7900 GT driver issue (96.33) by eaglewolf
I've just installed the 96.33 drivers (96.33_forceware_winvista_x86_international) on Vista RC1 (32 bit, build 5600) and have run into a problem. I have (identical) dual monitors set up, and on the primary, I've found that with the new drivers the screen starts flashing pixels (similar to interference on digital TV). This interference also becomes more prominent when the mouse is hovering...
September 11th 06 01:30 AM
by deadlast Go to last post
2 422
ac'97 realtek sound card (onboard) code39 problem by Niko
After a lot of reinstallations and reboots the problem remains unsolved, doesn't matter where from I installing it (from windows update, cd, or downloaded from site of manufacture, latest driver). Device status message: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to...
September 6th 06 03:22 AM
by Keith Schaefer Go to last post
2 422
Is there a way to install Vista on an old PC that has no DVD drives? by Ant[_2_]
Hello. I have an old Dell Dimension 8250 test PC that I would like to install Vista onto. However, it has no DVD drives. I cannot even boot from external USB drives (3.5" disk drive, external HDDs, and DVD burner drive -- CMOS doesn't see them and found out PC doesn't support bootable USB devices). However, I do have enough HDD space (30 GB free on second partition) to copy Vista DVD (or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 24th 09 06:25 PM
by Ant Go to last post
28 419
Network Icon Missing by Paul Calcagno
I've got an Acer Desktop running Vista Home Premium (SP2) with 2 GB of RAM. All WU's are current. I'm Running CA (California Associates) Security Suite software with no conflict issues. Also have MBAM malware software, CCleaner and SuperAntiSpywareProfessional. I use Windows defender and Windows firewall. As far as I know I have no Malware/Spyware, AV issues. I use Firefox for browsing. I got a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 22nd 09 02:18 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
28 416
Can't find my Card Reader or driver by [email protected]
I have a built-in card reader in my laptop. However, I can only see it in Device Manager if I have a card inserted. I am having trouble as, when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't check the driver because I can't find it. I changed it recently to the most updated, digitally signed driver. Can someone help?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 22nd 09 02:00 AM
by ashvin Go to last post
36 416
Hard-drive corruption question by M Skabialka
I have a hard drive that stopped functioning when other hardware was added to the system. I ran diagnostics from the manufacturer website which said nothing was wrong. I have added that drive to three other computers as a primary or slave, or in an external USB case. Each time the computer will not boot past the intial windows flag screen, and BSOD shows errors in ntfs.sys. If I boot to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 2nd 09 02:12 PM
by M Skabialka Go to last post
38 415
Disable refresh rate by _WHAT_
Normally on XP I would disable refresh lock in the nvidia driver panel for the gfx card. But in vista there is no such panel. How to disable refresh lock. Reason beeing, I am on a lcd monitor when playing a game I only get 60fps because of the rate lock. With it disablet I can go a lot higher. Thx in advance. GFX: 7800GTX
September 6th 06 07:03 PM
by _WHAT_ Go to last post
1 415
ADM851X USB To Fast Ethernet Adapter by Docking Station
I need this driver, please help me
April 28th 10 05:24 AM
by undisclosed Go to last post
3 414
Sony Digital Camera - DSC-W100 by Todd Smith
Hi I have connected my Sony digital camera (DSC-W100) to Windows Vista, and Windows Vista does not have any drivers for it. When I connected it to XP it did not require any drivers. My Old Sony Video Camera connect using USB still works DCR-TRV33. Interesting?
September 3rd 06 04:31 PM
by Todd Smith Go to last post
1 414
Drivers by Bruno Correia
I have trobleshoting in drivers for Sound Blaster Live! Value and a 3G PCMCIA Card Option Quad. The firsh don't find drivers and the second says that the device not started. I want help.
August 31st 06 03:34 PM
by Xanik Go to last post
2 414
Wireless connection stopped working by M Skabialka
A friend with a vista PC was having problems connecting wirelessly to a router. It had been working OK for months then she decided to download the MS Office 2007 trial. Since then her wireless connection stopped working (though I have no idea why this happened at this time). Their other computer was also having a really slow ethernet connection so I had them buy a new cisco wireles router...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 20th 08 09:26 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT] Go to last post

From The