  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Missing printers causing long boot times? by Hollis Paul
A Vista Business 64-bit was booting fine until an Epson printer decided that the ink was low, put a two page document into the queue, and never operated properly since. We first deleted the printer object, connected to another printer on another workstation, and were able to print. But that failed on the second attempt to print, so we waited for the refurb Lexmark to arrive. The Lexmark...
May 31st 10 12:45 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
2 689
Angry
Sound missing after RAM upgrade. by JMC05
Hi, i've searched around and couldn't seem to find any post similar so sorry if i'm repeating... i've just upgraded from 2x 1gig to 2x 2gig (totaling 4gig ram). everything seemed OK, booted correctly and vista (in system props) shows 4gig ram. however i appear to have lost my sound completely... the sound icon says No Audio Output Device is installed... checked device manager and theres no...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 09 12:14 AM
by Michael Walraven[_3_] Go to last post
16 689
U by shygirlxoxo
September 8th 06 04:56 PM
by shygirlxoxo Go to last post
0 689
Windows Update driver download & installation issues... by Soft.
I Have the same problema when i try to update graphics card (optional) NVIDIA DRIVER UPDATE for NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 05-08-2006 by "windows update" gives me the same error. CODE 8024AFFF "MMc-Face9" wrote: Having problems with trying to get the Intel 2200BG Mini PCI Card driver update via the update site (issue date: 14/06/2006). Need this driver update as without it no encryption...
December 19th 06 11:55 PM
by cmihm Go to last post
1 687
Windows Vista and 2 Gb RAM? by Brian V
Hi, Some people on the XP Discussion told me that Widows Vista only really runs well if it has 2Gb RAM. I know that the Upgrade advisor states a lot less, and that the Minimum system requirements is less also. Is this 2Gb need/want true, in what cases, and why? Is it just that Vista runs much smoother on 2 GB RAM? Thank you.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 4th 10 05:00 PM
by smlunatick Go to last post
12 683
Toucam Pro II by Arie
My cam is not working properly, Windows finds the cam, but can only use it for sound(mic), but i cant use it as a camera. also the light on my cam is burning all the time.. so my cam is in use. but im not using it.. anyone who knows what to do?
August 30th 06 08:35 AM
by Arie Go to last post
0 677
Ghost sounds by SusanV[_2_]
I have extraneous sounds left over from viewing a Web page video. I have done all the anti-virus/Spybot/reset Internet Explorer tricks that I can think of. Brand new Dell came with Vista. Ignore it? Or anyone have hints for fixing the sound card?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 24th 08 05:38 PM
by SusanV[_2_] Go to last post
19 677
disable automatic driver installation? by ryanj247
when i remove a driver in device manager, then restart, vista automatically installs a preconfigured driver. is there any way to disable this? what i want is for vista to stop and ask, i.e. "new device found, would you like to search for the best driver or install a driver from a cd or other location"...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 24th 09 03:01 AM
by kaiserbachfeld Go to last post
28 676
Intel Chipset Update via Windows Update Fails to Install by freddy
Mac, These error codes always include an error message. Could you post it? The code likely has more than one cause, and the message accompanying the code can provide a clue as to which direction to look. -- freddy "Mac" wrote:
June 14th 07 07:23 PM
by freddy Go to last post
0 676
Please help me. sigmatel. by Deniz Selçok
I have sigmatel high definition audio. I couldn't find vista compatible driver. Build 5536
August 31st 06 12:39 PM
by Peter Go to last post
1 673
My Disk Drive won't work by Erica♥
I can't play any games on my laptop, because for some reason my drive isn't working. I have Windows Vista but I don't have a disk because it was already on my laptop when I got it. I went to my drives to view what was going on and I get this message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) I don't know what this is and I have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 16th 08 07:27 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
17 673
Driver needed for Minolta Dimage Scan Dual 3 by tombster
I have this 35mm film/slide scanner that attaches with a USB cable that works under XP but not Vista (64). Vista can't find the driver even when I point to to it in the Windows/system32/driver folder (usbscan.sys). Is there something else I can use. Vista reports an error when it tries to find the driver but the fix (64-bit KB940199) suggested by "Problem Reports and Solutions" runs but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 25th 10 12:47 PM
by sm0rgm Go to last post
10 672
Realtek Microphone Monitor - Here's how by uspino
Sigmatel drivers have a well known solution to monitor the Mic Input through speakers/headphones in Vista, by adding EnableMonitorInput in the registry. It only worked with Sigmatel. I finally found a similar solution for Realtek drivers. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0001\AD1981\Disable There are two binary keys in there,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 30th 09 09:51 AM
by ianchulapa Go to last post
17 672
The Case of the disappearing DvD Writer by Bcs4
After installing Vista RTM after about a day of running a reboot was required after the reboot both my dvd writers disappeared and weren't recognized by My computer They both showed in device manager but with a yellow ! when I clicked on the writers I got this detail I will show only one set of details for 1 of my writers although both are basically same explanation but for different writer...
June 2nd 10 04:38 AM
by Peter Foldes[_7_] Go to last post
8 672
Keyboard Diagram by C and A Bredt
I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000. I am trying to find a diagram of the keyboard so that I can make notes on it as to what some of the keys do. Do you know where I can find one on the internet? Thanks, CB -- C and A Bredt
April 16th 10 12:51 AM
by Natéag[_3_] Go to last post
9 671
MISSING SATA HARD DRIVE by Vista_is_the_new_ME
I have a new pc w/ vista, 2 sata hard drives. Everything was fine, then a week later the slave drive disappeared. The BIOS recognizes the drive, but Vista doesn't. I've seen enough threads on here w/ no resolution. System restore is not an answer. Microsoft - Fix the problem.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 15th 09 05:52 PM
by DL Go to last post
28 670
update to problem with Sigma Tel Audio drivers by robinb
I called microsoft yesterday asking what will be done via this problem for those who cannot get updated drivers for the Sigma Tel audio driver. The problem is Sigma no longer makes audio drivers and passed it off to another company who told me they are not making updated drivers at all for this type of audio codec. So how do you get updated drivers if you cannot? I have been on many forums via...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 9th 09 07:12 AM
by pacinitaly Go to last post
18 669
DWA-547 D-link Wireless by Dan
Hi, I have a DWA-547 Wireless adaptator from d-link. The drivers for xp are bad for Vista RTM. Do you have the same problem with this PCI wireless card ? Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 14th 08 02:52 AM
by Rick Nichols Go to last post
32 669
Asus PVR-416 by Rob Wilkens
I have an HP Media Center m470n and it allegedly has an 'Asus PVR-416' TV/FM card in it. Worked fine in XP/MCE2005 but I didn't dare try the XP driver in Vista. I don't know where to look for drivers. Anyone have any luck with this? -Rob
August 29th 06 11:00 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 666
Vista Update Nvidia Driver nvlddmkm.sys BSOD by Smilerfive
August 27th, Vista Ultimate 32bit, Nvidia 7600GT, 4Gb Ram My Vista Ultimate system has an XFX NVidia 7600GT card in it. It has been working fine since the day I put it in. My system is always on and I usually let it update automatically via Windows Update as required. The other day I came home from work and began to notice a degradation in graphics quality. There were artefacts on the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 31st 09 05:02 PM
by grifos[_3_] Go to last post

From The