DVD multidrive cant read UDF DVDs by Arbab
i am using Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit) and i have a Sony DVD multidrive but its connected using IDE...when i insert a UDF formatted DVD it treats the DVD as a blank disk. I have XP on my laptop that reads the DVDs normally. how can i solve this problem??
March 4th 08 07:00 PM
by marct Go to last post
2 151
no sound by Bablakeboy
I can see,hear & talk to friends using Skype or Live Messenger, but I have no sound at all when I go to Media Player. I can't play (hear) a music CD or hear a radio station. I hear no "welcome" sound when I start Windows. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium, SoundMax Integrated DigitalHD Audio,both of which I have re-installed to no avail. Any suggestions?
March 4th 08 03:16 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 143
where to buy?!?!? by Seashells
I want to buy Windows Vista NTFS and I cant find it. I have a small business and I need this program for my Apple Computer. But I cant find on any website what versions of Windows vista has NTFS. I am going crazy!!!!!!!!
March 4th 08 02:20 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
8 185
Can't Get to Printing Preferences in Vista for Hp officejet 6110 by bman in co
My Hp Officejet 6110 works fine but when I try to change my printing preferences the dialogue box pops up and disappears so fast I can't even read it. I can find no way to change any of my print settings, even when printing and I hit the properties button, same thing everytime.
March 4th 08 02:01 PM
by Dave Go to last post
6 159
Pls suggestion needed Keyboard + mouse by Bradley
Please tell me whether A wireless keyboard is more long lasting than a wired keyboard? I have only 3 options available. 1)Logitech EX 110 2)Labtec Wireless media desktop 800 3)Microsoft Wired keyboard & Mouse 500
March 4th 08 01:32 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 167
removing usb flash drive by Amanda
I tend to use a USB flash drive like a floppy disk....copy files to it, take it out, put it back in......copy files back on to the computer...... My son says I should not take the drive out of the USB slot just by pullling it out; rather I should first click on the "safely remove hardware" icon in the tray, & let windows tell me when I can pull it out. Is this necessary? I had not heard this...
March 4th 08 01:07 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 161
Can't install HP software even as admin by BillinMV
I have Vista Home Premium installed and have an HP2820 AIO network connected. The printer works fine but I want to install scanner software from the HP installation disk. Vista won't let the install happen: Message is "This software cannot be installed using 'Run as...'. Solution is to logon as administrator and run again. I have admin on my user, I have added an ADMIN user, I have turned on...
March 4th 08 11:48 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
6 172
íw3sp.exe by Marko-Swe
cod4 fail to start .. in the first animation (activision logo), vista says "this program has stop to work" with this error Nome evento problema: APPCRASH Nome applicazione: iw3sp.exe Versione applicazione: 0.0.0.0 Timestamp applicazione: 47044075 Nome modulo con errori: iw3sp.exe Versione modulo con errori: 0.0.0.0 Timestamp modulo con errori: 47044075
March 4th 08 10:05 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 180
Network adapter disappeared by rdnk
Hello, I started to have problems with Local Area Connection in Vista, during logon there was two networks identified, one that I had set up and one unrecognized. This was a problem, because it disrupted the DHCP discovery. I have read here that many have the same problem, but so far haven't been able to pinpoint the cause. My solution was to try to disable the network connection and enable...
March 4th 08 08:25 AM
by caretaker Go to last post
8 125
Vista x64 Ultimate and Over 4gbs of Ram by deviantdreamer
This is a problem that's been plaguing me for the last few days. I recently upgraded to 8gb of ram. After a long process of elimination, I have found out my system works beautifully with 4gb. Anything above that, when vista is loading and the green bar is going across the screen, it hangs for at least 5 minutes. Now, I have tried a series of things: -Installing KB929777 -Reinstalling...
March 4th 08 04:24 AM
by gogula Go to last post
6 151
keyboard not working properly by Mauricio Sanaphre
Hi everyone, i hava a laptop, an recently it has been sending an error message about kbdsp.dll, it says that windows cannot execute the dll. This problem affects my keyboard, all the symbols like dot, dash, etc are in the wrong key. I have tried changing the configuration through the control panel but it doesn't work, someone told that I should register the dll using Regsvr32 but it says...
March 4th 08 03:43 AM
by Mauricio Sanaphre Go to last post
0 116
Scandisk, Chkdsk. DO I need to check for lost clusters? by Frankie
Yeahsr ago in the DOS days, everytime my computer would crash I would always do a scandisk or check disk to view and delete lost clusters and look for file errors on the hard drive due to the crash. With Windows vista, is there any need to check for these things after a system crash? I find I can't run chkdsk from the cmd prompt in Vista, does annyonw know how? And also, do I need to or as...
March 4th 08 02:54 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 148
Remote Sensor doesn't work by Lifesavr666
I am not sure why, but my remote sensor suddenly stops responding. If I unplug the usb connection, then plug it back in then it will work. Rebooting the machine seems to help also, but of course a big pain. lifesavr666
March 4th 08 12:23 AM
by cwisheng Go to last post
1 102
Twain Error T0009 by MedRxMan
Friend using Windows Vista. Had a scanner that worked ok for several months without issue on his Vista maching. All of a sudden he gets the folowing error "Twain error (T009) error opening twain data source.Unable to find the twain source manager (Twain.dll ) Please copy the twain.dll file from your source disk to your windows folder." He is using Ulead Iphoto plus 4 software, and his scanner...
March 4th 08 12:02 AM
by MedRxMan Go to last post
0 127
Syncing with iPAQ by Paul
I have an iPAQ hx2495 and until recently had no problems synching it with my computer which has Vista Home Premium installed. Sych Center does not even recognize anything being attatched to my computer and yet Device Manager has no problem ID'ing my PDA. In addition Windows Mobile Device Center doesn't open when the icon is clicked. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Windows Mobile...
March 3rd 08 11:25 PM
by JanSr Go to last post
6 179
Acer Orbicam not working after Vista updates by Rustie
I have an Acer 5570 notebook and running Vista Home Premium 32 bit OS and since installing Vista updates my Acer Orbicam no longer works. It is now makingmy system unstable and crashing .Can anyone helpplease urgently ? Thanks Rustie
March 3rd 08 07:58 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 119
Monitor shut down. by BigWiL92
Hello, I'll make it short and sweet, my monitor keeps going black all on it's own. I suspect I may have a worm, Trojan, or spyware, but am unable to correct the problem, even after repeated system sweeps. Any assistance I can get with this will be greatly appreciated. Please reply to
March 3rd 08 07:34 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 124
DVD Devices not working by Larry
I have Two Lite-On SATA DVD Writers. For some reason they just upped and quit working. They are recognized in BIOS properly. In Device manager They are flagged yellow. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no changes in situation. The manufacturers website shows a firmware upgrade but no new drivers. The MB and its drivers are all updated and have worked flawlessly for...
March 3rd 08 06:48 PM
by Larry Go to last post
0 106
windows optical mouse 5000 by alanrr
Hello, I have a windows optical mouse 5000. I installed the batteries in the mouse and it shows a red light, but the curser did not move. Can someone tell me the process to start and end of the mouse operation? Thank you, alanrr
March 3rd 08 05:36 PM
by alanrr Go to last post
2 126
Vista can't find USB drivers by Imageman
Vista Ultimate 64bit / 4 GB memory / MSI 965 Motherboard / NVidia GeForce 7600 GS video card I have plugged in a couple USB2 devices and gotten the 'Windows can't find drivers' error message. One of the devices is a brand new USB2 powered hub, and the other, an external USB2 enclosure with a 500GB hard drive in it. Both manufacturers say the devices are compatible with Vista 64 bit. By the...
March 3rd 08 12:07 PM
by Davis Go to last post

From The