VX-1000 by Martin Racette
Hi, I just bought a VX-1000, I plug it, it started to installed its drivers, then it failed, so I went to the Microsoft website to download the drivers, which I did, I installed the file that was downloaded for Vista 64, and then when I tried to installed the drivers it still says that it failed to install, so I tried to return the device to the store but since the package was opened I can...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 12th 08 03:43 PM
by Martin Racette Go to last post
10 474
Basic Ram Question by colt22[_17_]
Hey, I have x86 homepremium, and like when i had 64, i still get tons of errors from my ram (its bad ram, and i beleive its cuz its 4GB too) Anyways, what should I do, I have 2 Slots, but I want 3GB and it has to be DDR2.. Would it be effeicent to go 1(2GB PC-5200 DDR2SD 667) and 1(1GB PC-5200 DDR2SD 667? OR should i simply just do the same but have it 1GB and 1 GB instead of
March 12th 08 03:11 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
4 248
Disk Management "Connecting to Virtual Disk Service" by David
I'm in the Computer Management console trying to start the Disk Management snap-in so I can format a new hard drive. Computer Management Storage Disk Management. All I get is "Connecting to Virtual Disk Service ... " in the status line. Under Services, the Virtual Disk Service is Started (Automatic) and the services it's dependent on are also started. I can see the new disk in Device...
March 12th 08 02:21 PM
by bas75 Go to last post
2 241
How to contact Microsoft by C.B.[_5_]
Several days ago I posted a question concerning the inability of my Microsoft Fingerprint Reader to function. I did not receive answers from anyone in the discussion groups. I spent several hours over several days speaking to a Microsoft tech support supervisor trying to get it to work, to no avail, and the case was closed by Microsoft as having no solution available. This was not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 12th 08 02:06 PM
by SeanP Go to last post
23 745
Screen doesn't turn off by Hauk
I have Vista pre-RC1 build 5536. This is the first build I've tried on this computer. I dual-boot into XP, works fine. I have a problem with that the screen never goes into energy-save mode. After the set time out (20 minutes) the screen goes black, but the monitor is still on, I can see that the backlight is on, and the LED shows that it's on. I have an AGP ATI Radeon 9550 graphics card....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 12th 08 04:46 AM
by vikrant Go to last post
12 717
plug and play devices don't work(correctly) by John
i'm having multiple problems on vista(home premium) here and all are with plug&play devices at the moment and i'm getting sick of it i'm having problems with my : -digtal camera -bluetooth usb stick -printer -external hard disk they all don't work because there aint no working drivers availible witch is kinda strange because on xp they work without problems
March 11th 08 11:41 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 267
Printer offline by JohnA
Using a wireless HP 2510 printer, Linksys router, HP machine with XP, and Toshiba with Vista. I get everything set up and all work well. Then for some reason the printer will not work from the Vista machine. Got to control panel | printers and I see the HP 2510 and it is the default printer and is "offline". How do I get it "online"? So far I have been reinstalling it using a wired link...
March 11th 08 10:23 PM
by JohnA Go to last post
0 157
Sata disk doesnt work in vista, Need help fast! by Thomas[_6_]
hi. just changed motherboard to k8n sli platinum but now i cannot use my sata HDD , vista just wont boot when the disk is connected. it just keep on going forever in the boot up screen. but in linux , bart pe and other free dos program, it works just fine. i tried to formate it in all of these OS but still no way to boot in vista, i even cant boot from the vista disk with the HDD...
March 11th 08 10:05 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
8 181
internal errors by lp
i keep getting an internal error 2908 doea anyone know what this means?? -- thnx lp
March 11th 08 07:56 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 173
Annoying sound Problem by coleman
hi there i have just installed vista great programme but as soon as i did all my sound died not even a crackle after looking for my drivers i gave up and brought a usb sound card. on audio set up screen it shows sound is being ouputted the green bars but nouthing through the speakers or the headphones i tried. i noticed i can adjust the line in and mic volume but not the speaker volume in...
March 11th 08 07:23 PM
by coleman Go to last post
0 158
Monitor by Palrainus
I get the following message when I bring up Photoshop CS3: "Lenovo Thinkpad LCD Monitor appears to be defective. Plear run your monitor calibration software" Does anyone now where to find this monitor calibration program so as to run it. I have a Vista operating system. -- ?????
March 11th 08 07:03 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 200
Vista is blocking startup programs by Dawg53
I have a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse combo. The software that it uses is SetPoint. This software allows me to customize buttons on the mouse and keyboard. Every time I startup windows, it blocks the startup of SetPoint. I have to tell it to allow the program. Is there a way for me to make Vista always allow the startup of this program? I have constantly run software updates for...
March 11th 08 06:40 PM
by cpemma[_4_] Go to last post
3 185
internal error by lp
i keep getting an internal error 2908 does anyone know what this means?? -- thnx lp
March 11th 08 04:50 PM
by lp Go to last post
0 174
Mouse freezes on full mode by klaus
I have an hp pavilion desktop pc with windows vista home premium, tow days ago, for no apparent reason after logging in, the mouse freezes on the pc, sometimes also the backspace doesn`t responde on the password, the thing is, they are basic generic keyboard an mouse, both ps/2, and in safe mode they work just fine!! What could be loading in full mode that makes a conflict with the mouse?? I...
March 11th 08 04:19 PM
by DL Go to last post
1 185
USB Ports by MikeGTW
My customer is running a program that requires a com port (Serial Port). we are using a USB to serial adapter configured for com 4. We are experiencing a problem that disconnects the external device after about 4-5 hours forcing us to do a system restart and a reconfigure of the external device not the USB to serial adapter. we have disabled the hibernate feature and can only think that the...
March 11th 08 03:48 PM
by MikeGTW Go to last post
0 180
Laptop by James
where did they hide the profiles in Vista? I need to set up a dock and undock profile Thanks
March 11th 08 02:14 PM
by James Go to last post
0 164
Printer Suggestion? by CT
I use all HP products. Since installing Vista, the scanner and HP Photosmart 8450 are working. The laser printer is a relic from the previous century. I am going to have to replace it. Any suggestions on which HP lasers might work with Vista? They all SAY they work with windows, but not necessarily which version. I am considering both B&W and color, and work out of a home office. Your...
March 11th 08 12:57 PM
by Stuart Sabatini Go to last post
2 191
readyboost by Troy Marrs
Is my 256mb thumb drive making a difference to my 1gb installed ddr2 pc2-4200, athlon 64 live 4200 dual core system?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 11th 08 05:40 AM
by Spirit[_3_] Go to last post
28 594
Sleep mode by Bob B
WhenI put computer to sleep it stays asleep for 1 minute then turns back on without touching the mouse or keyboard
March 11th 08 12:45 AM
by Bare Foot Kid[_42_] Go to last post
1 181
Computer Freezes after coming out of sleep by Apotheoun
My computer (HP m9000t) freezes up after coming out of sleep mode. I have tried turning off sleep / hybrid sleep / hibernate, but the computer still goes into "sleep" of some kind. When it comes out of sleep, I can hear a whirling sound, which could be the harddrive starting up, but moments later it sounds like it spins down and stops, and then the whole computer freezes up, and I have to turn...
March 11th 08 12:32 AM
by Apotheoun[_5_] Go to last post

From The