Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Unallocated Space Question by Anatoly Kurilin
Hi, actually it's a question about Win7: my hard disk has no data, just three arias of Unallocated Space. Is there any way of merging them in one unallocated space like on a new hard disk? Now, each time I try to do something with these arias, options Delete, Extend get unavailable. Thanks in advance, AK
November 23rd 09 03:14 PM
by John Inzer[_2_] Go to last post
4 391
Unallocated Space Question by Anatoly Kurilin
Hi, actually it's a question about Win7: my hard disk has no data, just three arias of Unallocated Space. Is there any way of merging them in one unallocated space like on a new hard disk? Now, each time I try to do something with these arias, options Delete, Extend get unavailable. Thanks in advance, AK
November 23rd 09 07:35 AM
by Anatoly Kurilin Go to last post
0 200
Vista ceases, what can I do? by tinco
I have a new computer--HP, less than a year old, loaded with Vista OS. I love the speed of it and hate the way the locks itself down daily. Usually in the mornings. I have no use of keyboard or mouse at the time of lockdown. I have to manually shut off the tower and then re-boot. It starts over, usually stays good until later that day or the next morning. I don't know how to make this...
November 21st 09 10:35 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
6 326
Can Vista be wiped out? by tinco
Can I load windows 7 and get ride of Vista completely? Thank you.
November 21st 09 11:04 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 291
vista clock management by davidjames29365
wat can i do if my clock doesnt keep time, and its set in the right time zone. everytime i change it to the right time, it will get off sinc... -- davidjames29365
November 21st 09 05:37 AM
by Capella Go to last post
4 298
Vista ceases, what can I do? by tinco
I have a new computer--HP, less than a year old, loaded with Vista OS. I love the speed of it and hate the way the locks itself down daily. Usually in the mornings. I have no use of keyboard or mouse at the time of lockdown. I have to manually shut off the tower and then re-boot. It starts over, usually stays good until later that day or the next morning. I don't know how to make this...
November 21st 09 04:25 AM
by tinco Go to last post
0 178
Can Vista be wiped out? by tinco
Can I load windows 7 and get ride of Vista completely? Thank you.
November 21st 09 04:18 AM
by tinco Go to last post
0 185
Reformat and Clean install problem by James DR
Hi all, im new here and i need alittle help with vista. I'm trying to reformat for a clean install of Windows Vista Home Premium x32 onto my laptop. The laptop only came with the 'Recovery DVD', however i have a retail copy not supplied with the laptop. Using the recovery DVD, and boot CD/DVD BIOS setup, i get to the screen where the 'insall windows' pop up screen is supposed...
November 20th 09 01:51 AM
by James Kosin[_3_] Go to last post
6 319
Uninstalling Vista by Doug[_16_]
I have two hard drives ,each hard drive is partitioned into 2. Drive 1 Partition C: Partition D: Drive 2 Partition E:
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 20th 09 12:43 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
30 741
Home Premium to Ultimate upgrade by Desperation
Hello,I just tried upgrading from Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows Vista Ultimate...at first it checked my system for compatibility (yes, I instereted the disk into the CD drive thingy and then clicked upgrade while Home Premium was running)...once it finished checking for compatibility it said this: http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/emoboytoy_2009/error.jpg so I searched...
November 19th 09 03:28 PM
by Frank-FL Go to last post
4 281
new partition by Gail C
Originally the 2nd non-OS disk contained two primary partitions fully allocated to drives D and drive G. I shrunk both and the unallocated space is separated by the second former partition (drive G). How can i get the two unallocated spaces into one area to format and create a new partition -- thank you for your help
November 19th 09 02:45 PM
by Gail C Go to last post
0 172
Re-Activation of Vista Timeout? by Nigel Molesworth
I have several full retail copies of Windows Vista that I will no longer need when I install full retail versions of Windows 7. I plan to sell the copies of Vista, but I don't want the buyers to have problems when they activate it. I know there is a Re-Activation Timeout for Vista, but I can't remember if it is 90 or 10 days? Can anyone point me to a reliable source to confirm this? Also, is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 19th 09 06:19 AM
by Luan Pham[_2_] Go to last post
15 452
Q: Remove xp from dual vista / xp setup by Skera
Scenario: Got 3 harddrives, Disk 0 : d: Xp (system, active, primary) g: (primary) Disk 1 : e: (primary) f: (page file, logical) Disk 2 : c: vista (boot, page file, active, crash dump, primary) Right, dont ask me why i set so many primarys lol.. Hope it wont affect me!
November 19th 09 04:33 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
7 288
My hp photosmart essential 205 stopped working. by charliemike
Message from Windows ' hpphotosmart essential has stopped working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.'I have not had a solution and hp help desk has concluded that my system is at fault. Still waiting for solution from windows. Anybody had the same problem? Thanks -- chm
November 19th 09 01:33 AM
by JimParker Go to last post
3 391
During install "required CD/DVD drive device driver missing" by noacloud
When trying to install Vista Home Pro, early in the installation a dialog box appears stating that a CD/DVD rom driver is missing and that i have to install it before i can do anything else. It gives me the option to install the driver by browsing the drives on my computer. I thought that nearly all DVD rom devices were just universal. The device seems to be working fine considering that if...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 09 09:25 PM
by Curious[_6_] Go to last post
16 471
Q: Remove xp from dual vista / xp setup by Skera
Scenario: Got 3 harddrives, Disk 0 : d: Xp (system, active, primary) g: (primary) Disk 1 : e: (primary) f: (page file, logical) Disk 2 : c: vista (boot, page file, active, crash dump, primary) Right, dont ask me why i set so many primarys lol.. Hope it wont affect me!
November 18th 09 07:04 PM
by Skera Go to last post
0 186
Is Vista SP1 and other Vista updates necessary before upgrading to Windows 7? by MAT
Is Vista SP1 necessary or recommandable before upgrading to Windows 7? Many people these days is upgrading from Windows Vista preinstalled on the PC to Windows 7. In case of a complete recovery it's necessary to reinstall Windows Vista and then upgrade to Windows 7 (if you have bought an upgrade and not a complete Windows 7 version). Yesterday I did a complete recovery and did a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 09 04:25 PM
by MAT Go to last post
10 430
CD/DVD driver missing durring install by redrob2
Thanks for helping in advance. I'll try to be short and to the point here. I'm installing Vista 64 fresh on a new built machine but get stuck durring the install when it prompts me and says that "CD/DVD drivers are missing". The following is my setup: - Asus P5K Deluxe - e6750 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo - dual channel OCZ RAM (2 GB) - ATI Radeon 2600 XT (HIS overclocked model) - Pioneer 112D DVD...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 09 09:23 AM
by Pelllesimo Go to last post
11 483
Is Vista SP1 and other Vista updates necessary before upgrading to Windows 7? by MAT
Is Vista SP1 necessary or recommandable before upgrading to Windows 7? Many people these days is upgrading from Windows Vista preinstalled on the PC to Windows 7. In case of a complete recovery it's necessary to reinstall Windows Vista and then upgrade to Windows 7 (if you have bought an upgrade and not a complete Windows 7 version). Yesterday I did a complete recovery and did a...
November 17th 09 04:11 PM
by MAT Go to last post
0 175
Uninstalling Vista by Doug[_16_]
I have two hard drives ,each hard drive is partitioned into 2. Drive 1 Partition C: Partition D: Drive 2 Partition E:
November 17th 09 09:08 AM
by Doug[_16_] Go to last post

From The