Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Reformat and Clean install problem by James DR
Hi all, im new here and i need alittle help with vista. I'm trying to reformat for a clean install of Windows Vista Home Premium x32 onto my laptop. The laptop only came with the 'Recovery DVD', however i have a retail copy not supplied with the laptop. Using the recovery DVD, and boot CD/DVD BIOS setup, i get to the screen where the 'insall windows' pop up screen is supposed...
November 17th 09 06:20 AM
by James DR Go to last post
0 243
Cant find language packs? by intso
I recieved vista error(physical memory dump..) during installation(multiple times): "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. Windows did not find any installed, licensed language packs for the system default UI language. If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer, if this screen appears again,...
November 16th 09 12:41 PM
by okonomiyaki3000 Go to last post
5 322
Modifying Vista Discs by Gis Bun
Hi. I spent a bit of time having to re-install operating systems. With Vista, there are too many variations. What I would mind doing is having 1 DVD that can install any edition and whether it's OEM or retail. Alternatively is to "convert" a retail DVD to an OEM DVD. I'm not worried about licensing because it's a reinstall and the user would
November 16th 09 06:46 AM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
8 332
Problem reformatting my Laptop by nash160
Hey there, I am planning on reformatting my laptop as it is getting very very slow lately. Bought it 3 years ago though. I'm currently using Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit. The only problem is that I don't have my bootable DVD to reinstall my vista, because the retailer did not supply me with the DVD. Is there a way to download the installation files and burn it to a DVD? By the way, I have...
November 16th 09 04:07 AM
by Gis Bun Go to last post
4 244
not sure if win 7 disc is genuine by punta
I know this isn't exactly the right group but I couldn't find a windows7 newsgroup. I bought a Windows 7 Ultimate DVD off ebay (don't laugh), but what I actually got I'm not sure is legal so I'd appreciate some advice before doing the return/refund thing. The disc was advertised as genuine with a product key. When it arrived however this DVD is an obvious copy burnt on a PC, not a factory made...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 16th 09 04:03 AM
by Gis Bun Go to last post
15 392
Activation Key by Doug[_17_]
I bought Vista Home Premium in Sept,2009.I just reinstalled it on the same machine with Windows seven,I purchased windows 7 from Microsoft, What is the telephone number I can call.I have been up all night trying to repair and install Vista. Thank You Doug
November 15th 09 04:38 PM
by Curious[_6_] Go to last post
8 271
vista clock management by davidjames29365
wat can i do if my clock doesnt keep time, and its set in the right time zone. everytime i change it to the right time, it will get off sinc... -- davidjames29365
November 15th 09 04:35 PM
by davidjames29365 Go to last post
0 200
acer lap top with window vista problems.... by davidjames29365
ok so ive got an acer laptop, that was stuck in the configure update mode, and i put in the windows vista disk to reinstall it, and now that ive been able to log back in and get back into my computer. it has 2 hard disk drives my c: drive and a d: drive. the d drive is all my old stuff. and i wanna delete it all with out messing up my computer. ( everytime i turn on my computer it comes to the...
November 15th 09 03:59 PM
by davidjames29365 Go to last post
0 187
acer lap top with window vista problems.... by davidjames29365
ok so ive got an acer laptop, that was stuck in the configure update mode, and i put in the windows vista disk to reinstall it, and now that ive been able to log back in and get back into my computer. it has 2 hard disk drives my c: drive and a d: drive. the d drive is all my old stuff. and i wanna delete it all with out messing up my computer. ( everytime i turn on my computer it comes to the...
November 15th 09 03:59 PM
by davidjames29365 Go to last post
0 215
Best Way To Slipstream .Net 3.5, IE8 etc? by jazzyb88
Hi, Just a quick question really... In your opinion, what is the best way to go about slipstreaming .net, ie8 etc? I have already created a Vlited SP1 Vista ISO with the latest updates slipstreamed using Autopatcher (won't be upgrading to SP2 because it breaks the wireless connectivity with my printer and i couldn't figure
November 15th 09 12:43 PM
by jazzyb88 Go to last post
0 156
Best Way To Slipstream .Net 3.5, IE8 etc? by jazzyb88
Hi, Just a quick question really... In your opinion, what is the best way to go about slipstreaming .net, ie8 etc? I have already created a Vlited SP1 Vista ISO with the latest updates slipstreamed using Autopatcher (won't be upgrading to SP2 because it breaks the wireless connectivity with my printer and i couldn't figure
November 15th 09 12:43 PM
by jazzyb88 Go to last post
0 204
Activation Key by Doug[_17_]
I bought Vista Home Premium in Sept,2009.I just reinstalled it on the same machine with Windows seven,I purchased windows 7 from Microsoft, What is the telephone number I can call.I have been up all night trying to repair and install Vista. Thank You Doug
November 15th 09 10:47 AM
by Doug[_17_] Go to last post
0 206
Windows 7 and Windows Mail question by Shane Devenshire
Hi Folks, I posted this question to the Windows 7 forum but did not get an answer so I'm trying here. I have installed Windows 7 and can't find Windows Mail (Not Windows Mail Live). I want to transfer all my email stuff from Windows Mail to Outlook or Windows Mail Live. How do I do that after the Windows 7 install? TIA,
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 14th 09 08:50 PM
by bitz2bytz Go to last post
11 527
Volume Activation - KMS Count stops at 50, but 120 PC's Activated. by Gings
Hello all, I'm brand new to the site and hoping someone can help me out. I have a KMS Server (Windows Server 2003 SP2) with 120 KMS Clients (Vista Business) authenticating with the KMS server. The problem I have is that the KMS COUNT on the server has stopped incrementing at 50, even tho there are approx 120 Clients authenticated with the KMS Server.
November 14th 09 11:51 AM
by artemiosv Go to last post
2 215
Modifying Vista Discs by Gis Bun
Hi. I spent a bit of time having to re-install operating systems. With Vista, there are too many variations. What I would mind doing is having 1 DVD that can install any edition and whether it's OEM or retail. Alternatively is to "convert" a retail DVD to an OEM DVD. I'm not worried about licensing because it's a reinstall and the user would
November 14th 09 12:23 AM
by Gis Bun Go to last post
0 165
Sysprep window appears after each reboot by Rob
I received a new desktop from insert name of whitebox manufacturer here with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. Unfortunately every time I reboot the machine, the System Preparation Tool window pops up. I grow weary of canceling the window after every reboot. If I hit 'OK' and try to let it run, it fails with a fatal error. I went into the registry to see if I could find the culprit in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 13th 09 02:24 PM
by pcrochet Go to last post
20 617
Save As by Zygy[_2_]
My "Save As" has stopped working on both computers at the same time. How do I correct this fault?
November 13th 09 08:32 AM
by Zygy[_2_] Go to last post
4 274
Save As by Zygy[_2_]
My "Save As" has stopped working on both computers at the same time. How do I correct this fault?
November 12th 09 12:04 PM
by Zygy[_2_] Go to last post
0 175
SP1 Fails: Message: !! 0xc0190036 !! by VISTA_BOY
After the SP1 download, when trying to reboot, during the SP1 installation, there are numerous file names flashing across the black screen. Then, it hangs up with this message flickering on the screen: !! 0xc0190036 !! 608/68459 (HelpPane.exe) I have tried this three times now. After the first time, I ran CHKDSK on my boot drive after resoring an image. No errors are found in my file...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 11th 09 10:17 PM
by Hillary92126 Go to last post
15 841
Locked Doc and settings folder by Draggonfodder
How do I unlock a folder on a vista hard drive from a win7 computer. My vista laptop died and all I have is the HD which is fine. I only have xp and win7 on my other computers and I need to get the emails off of this drive. I tried changing permissions and share to no avail. This is my Documents and settings folder. John
November 11th 09 06:15 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post

From The