Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Intel 2915ABG Wireless Problem by NinEspoons
Hello, I can't get my intel 2915ABG wireless adapted to work with vista! Windows can't find the correct driver, and I've downloaded the normal version (XP) drivers from the site, which do not work. I also contacted Intel and they informed me that they will not be realesing a driver for their adapters until Vista is realesed... It is really annoying, I can't get internet at all (not even to...
October 11th 06 08:57 PM
by NinEspoons Go to last post
1 302
Vista Sleep Problem / Network Problem by WWJD
When I try to put Vista to Sleep, it'll shut down everything and go to sleep, and for a split second it'll sleep, but then only right after that "wake back up" and bring me back to the welcome page. Is there any fix to this? I didn't have this problem before... I think this has been mentioned, but I am having problems having Vista detect Networks. I have already set them all up etc, but...
October 11th 06 08:17 AM
by WWJD Go to last post
0 359
After waking from hybernation no internet? by WWJD
I have the same problem also. I have a Belkin router, as like you, all hardware and no software. In RC1 I had no problems connecting, although I had to use my second LAN port rather than my first one. In RC2 its a whole slew of problems, I have to continuously go back and forth between 1 and 2 (yes, crawl on my hands and knees and reach into my computer to change the plug. It keeps detecting...
October 11th 06 08:14 AM
by WWJD Go to last post
0 316
wireless lan problem by sixtdeu
Hi @ll, I have some problems with my wlan and dsl router. After vista install (5600) and set up I could connect to the internet. After reboot I could see my router but with signal strength 0, no connection possible. I installed a recommended update for my intel pro 2200 wireless device and I could connect to the router. After reboot same problem: I can see my network but no signal there....
October 11th 06 07:16 AM
by sixtdeu Go to last post
0 338
WLAN & 5744 by Jeff
Hi, I am experiencing intermittent drops in connection; using WPA2; Linksys WRT54GX2-(updated with Linksys's latest firmware) and an internal Intel 3945 ABG card in build 5744. Rebooting works; sometimes; but more often than not; have to reset the router. Didn't happen in 5728; or 5600. Any insight? Jeff
October 11th 06 04:35 AM
by Jeff Go to last post
0 349
Microsoft PPTP VPN by Dave
I have the same problem with a VPN connection to my PIX 506E. The username/password verified message is displayed and then failure. It would be nice if a Microsoft rep could provide some clarification on their position with respect to MS-CHAP v1 suport in Vista. I would rather not have to revert to PAP and I like the idea of using the MS VPN client as it makes VPN connections to the office...
October 11th 06 02:15 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 324
Microsoft PPTP VPN by Dave
I have the same problem with a VPN connection to my PIX 506E. The username/password verified message is displayed and then failure. It would be nice if a Microsoft rep could provide some clarification on their position with respect to MS-CHAP v1 suport in Vista. I would rather not have to revert to PAP and I like the idea of using the MS VPN client as it makes VPN connections to the office...
October 11th 06 02:14 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 341
STRANGE - Vista Can see internet in IE but no Windows Update by James
I have just rebuilt my laptop using the 32bit vista beta two. For some reason vista cannot 'see' the internet, but IE and Firefox can. When i try to check for new drivers/run windowsupdate/sign in to messenger/install windows live one care/etc etc it just loops 'checking' windows live messenger thinks It should be mentioned that I'm on a University network, so certain ports are restricted -...
October 11th 06 12:08 AM
by James Go to last post
0 303
Remote Assistance by churin
I am attempting to do Remote Assistance within a local network. I enter a computer name or a local IP of the computer to which I want to connect to and click NEXT. Then an error message says: Your offer to help could not be sent. Do you have the correct permission on the remote computer? The remote computer is set to have session for Remote Assistance. What needs be done to solve this...
October 10th 06 10:31 PM
by churin Go to last post
2 291
Surfing the Net!???? by James
Hi there.....Ive just connected my newly installed vista to a netgear adsl router, vista claims its connected to the router and the internet ok, but when open up internet explorer nowt happens! I know the router is working because the internet is working fine in XP (i have a daul boot) any ideas chaps????
October 10th 06 10:28 PM
by Nick Go to last post
1 298
Find my network key by liam r
Hi - I've been trying to add a new computer to my secure wireless network at home, but I can't for the life of me remember what the network key is, so haven't been able to enter it on the new computer. What can I do to find my network key?? I've tried to get around this by creating a "new network" using my existing connection, and entering a new network key for this connection, but this...
October 10th 06 04:22 PM
by JewelsH Go to last post
2 322
wrtsl54gs & Vista by DrTigerlilly
has anyone encountered a problem connecting to their shares on the Linksys Wireless-G Media Storage Link Router, when i try to connect to the shares for the first time and put in my password infomation, i am unable to log in to the shares. If i am simply trying to login to the administrative pages of the router there is no problem, but i can't login to access the shared exteral harddrives.
October 10th 06 01:17 PM
by DrTigerlilly Go to last post
0 308
File move problem on network share with RC2 by Nick Payne
When moving files on a network share on a Win2003 R2 server from a Vista RC2 client, the files are being copied rather than moved. E.G. Moving 1.4Gb of files from a directory to its parent takes about two minutes as the files are actually copied before being deleted from the source dir. Performing exactly the same move between the same directories on the same share from a WinXP client is...
October 10th 06 11:31 AM
by Nick Payne Go to last post
0 277
Internet Connection Sharing by Petsen
Hi everybody Is it posible to create an Internet Connection Sharing with Windows Vista RC1? -- Egon Petersen
October 10th 06 06:39 AM
by Petsen Go to last post
0 285
Wirelesss by Christopher
I am also having the same problem. When I installed the vista beta I am no longer able to establish wilreless network. I also don't have any sound devices when I installed Vista over XP. As I'm technically challenged I'm become fraustrated and want to uninstall Vista beta? Help somebody please... Thanks -- Christopher
October 10th 06 05:21 AM
by Julie Go to last post
1 285
Host name resolution by RobertLane
I have a home ntwk with Linksys Wireless G-Gateway as a switch between the PCs. Prior to loading Vista on TOWER1 I used NetBIOS over TCP/IP to provide names resolution and I could ping and talk from Host to Host using their name. Since loading Vista I can not reach other Hosts on my nwtk from TOWER1 and other hosts can see but not access TOWER1 (Vista). I can ping with IP addr from any to...
October 10th 06 01:54 AM
by RobertLane Go to last post
1 312
Wireless Lag by x64
Hello, I am currently running RC1 and I am connected to my wireless network, it seems to work well while surfing the web and downloading files, but gaming thats a different story. When I load a any online multiplayer game and start to play, at first it seems to be working just as it did in Windows XP. But after about 3 or 4 minuets I notice a gap in my connection casuing lag that makes me...
October 10th 06 12:34 AM
by x64 Go to last post
0 310
Network Properties are not editable by JC
In trying to get Visat recognized by my home network / workgroup, when I select IPv4 it is not editable. Furthermore, if Itry to add a client, protocol, etc, it throws an error. Any others out there having this issue?
October 10th 06 12:18 AM
by JC Go to last post
0 298
Vista as MBR in network by Karen G
Gentlefolk, Over the weekend, our Vista test machine wound up being the only computer on in its' subnet, and therefore one the election as Master Browser. We noticed that the subnet of which it was MBR no longer showed the "Comments" field in the domain list in windows explorer. Is dropping the "Comments" field a feature or a bug? Thanks,
October 9th 06 08:39 PM
by Karen G Go to last post
0 272
modem installation failure by jammez46
hey, i have the latest pre release of vista and when i go to install either of my 2 adsl modems, they wont install. my modems are intel anytime 3240 adsl usb, and the other is a zoom ADSL usb modem, and neither will install. i have searched both their sites to look for a better install or a compatible 1 with vista but i cant find any. is there any way in which i can actually install them and...
October 9th 06 08:18 PM
by jammez46 Go to last post

From The