Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Unable to connect Ad-Hoc using Netgear WG311v3 by Ryobi
I've install Vista RC1, and its working great, except for one or two bugs that stop me using it 'properly'. The main one is that I can't connect to the internet through my wireless network. I have a Netgear WG311v3 PCI card. My network is an Ad-Hoc Wireless network, set up through Windows XP SP2. It uses encryption, which is listed in the network properties as: Ad-Hoc WPA-None (AES) Now,...
October 13th 06 03:20 AM
by Ryobi Go to last post
0 313
Limited access to ethernet connection by chillymc
Hi, I have been running RC1 for a week or 2 now, and have started having problems losing my internet connection. I will get the limited access warning and then no ip address and no connection. I have to restart computer, and then I get connectivity back until it occurs again..... Mb ASUS P4P800, 1 gig ram, p4 1.5 gig processor, onboard 3com ethernet, 128 meg nvidia vid adapter, etc. No...
October 13th 06 02:35 AM
by chillymc Go to last post
0 312
Does anyone from Microsoft read this group? by Dissatisfied
I see a lot of questions that should be very basic, but have no answers, or if they do have answers they are from other users. No authoritative answers. I am having the same problem that many others are. To put it very simply, My network worked just fine with XP. I have multiple computers on the same network. Vista RC1 does not connect outside my local network. The only help from Vista...
October 12th 06 09:32 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
6 472
RC2 5744 Cisco VPN 4.8.01.0410 BETA by Hannes
Hi, I can not get the VPN client to work with RC2 (did not manage with RC1 either actually). I get the logon dialogue box, but after that the status bar keepis showing the "securing communnications channel" message for ever and never finishing the connection. Have anyone managed to get this to work and if so what are your config? //Hannes
October 12th 06 09:14 PM
by Dr. Bauer Go to last post
5 470
Network drops out by Lars Rønning
I just installed RC2 on a HP Compaq nx8220 computer (laptop). And after som time woriking on this unti, the network drops out. It loose it's IP adress, and I can't resolv it again. The only think that works, is to reboot my computer. I have tried the computer both home on my home-network ( a 3Com wireless/wired router), and on my work. I have tried it with both wired and wireless networks,...
October 12th 06 08:47 PM
by Lars Rønning Go to last post
0 315
Windows Live Messenger - Firewall rules by Venkatarangan TNC
I am running Windows Vista RC2 and I am having problems signing in to Windows Live Messenger. When I am in a public network, Messenger works fine. But it refuses to sign-in when I am in my corporate domain. After several retries it connects once, but shows no one as Online. I am certain it is a Windows Firewall rule that is getting affected from Group Policy (Our domain runs Windows Server...
October 12th 06 05:34 PM
by Venkatarangan TNC Go to last post
0 342
Need Repros, UAC breaks Domain GPO or Logon scripts. by John [MS]
I've been tracking an issue regarding UAC breaking logon scripts and I need Repro's/scripts/examples. From what I've seen if you have your script in the User/Logon GPO it pops UAC on some operations such as installing antivirus or executing remote monitoring clients, cancelling on the UAC prevents the domain policy from being fulfiled. In some cases I have seen that moving these scripts to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 12th 06 03:43 PM
by Steve Foster [SBS MVP] Go to last post
16 926
RC1 File sharing with XP system by Ron
I have a small home network with a Vista RC1 system and an XP system. Both systems are on the same workgroup. I'm able to see all the shared resources from both systems. I can access all the shared resources from the Vista system but not from the XP system. From the XP system I can see the folders I shared on the Vista system including the Public folder. I can access the Vista Public folder...
October 12th 06 03:41 PM
by pimu Go to last post
6 608
browsing domains under vista rc1... by Evan
hi all! okay, so how can i view the network like in xp? what i mean is: in xp, you right-click 'my computer' and select 'explore.' then expand 'my network places.' then expand 'entire network.' then expand 'microsoft windows network.' from there, you see a list of all the domains in the forest. (i work at ucla. the root is ucla.edu and there are hundreds of domains under that. i manage only...
October 12th 06 02:19 PM
by GranPaGTS Go to last post
2 503
VPN: PPTP connection to ISA Server by PepeNiemand
I explained my problem already in an answer to another thread. But that one was located in the general newsgroup thus I try it again in the networking group: I cannot establish a VPN connection from my Vista RC2 (build 5744 German) to the our ISA 2006 over PPTP. The PPTP connections work fine with XP clients. On the Vista client I use the same settings. I also tried out different settings...
October 12th 06 12:11 PM
by Kevin L. Kitchens Go to last post
1 330
Unable to use DHCP settings in Vista by Gareth
I am currently running Vista version RC1 Build 5600 on a Dell D620 Latitude. This laptop sits in a docking station connected via a static IP address onto my local network. I then wanted to connect it directly onto my broadband router. I changed the IP address from a static mapping to DHCP clicked on OK I was them prompted to restart the laptop. On restart the laptop did not get a DHCP...
October 12th 06 12:09 PM
by Gareth Go to last post
0 323
No internet through NAT by Guus Ellenkamp
I installed Vista on a virtual pc. It can see my internal network, but cannot connect to the Internet. My ISP gives me a private address from the 192.168.x.x range. I'm using 192.168.2.x on my internal network. I'm using W2003 routing with NAT. All my other computers (including on virtual pc's) can connect to the Internet. Please advise.
October 12th 06 09:48 AM
by Garry Grolman Go to last post
1 350
Any wireless adapters working by Nigel Beardsley
I have spent hours searching the posts here to find anyone who has got a network adapter actually running from start. I read one post that someone had got a Linksys WUSB111 to install and work without any problems. I immediately went out and purchased the network adapter, but it did not work either! I have tried also a Netgear RangeMax WPN111 but it does notinstall either. Has anyone actualy...
October 12th 06 03:54 AM
by SteF Go to last post
7 619
Vista and XP by Jenny-72
I've tried this method with my Epson Stylus Photo 895 attached to a Windows XP Pro workstation but Vista x64 just asks for drivers because they aren't on the XP Pro machine. The problem is, the drivers are only available on the Vista install CD and I can't find them. I've tried connecting the printer to the Vista x64 machine but face similar problems from the XP Pro machine.
October 12th 06 02:47 AM
by Jenny-72 Go to last post
0 340
Error: Not enough server storage (System Error 1130) by Jean-Sebastien
Hi, I'm trying to share a folder from vista to xp. From vista I can see the drives I share but as soon as i'm trying to connect to \\computername\myshare from XP it gives me this error message: not enough server storage to process this comand. I noticed some kb articles about this issue but were addressed to windows NT4. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
October 12th 06 02:47 AM
by Jean-Sebastien Go to last post
0 310
Error: Not enough server storage (System Error 1130) by Jean-Sebastien
Hi, I'm trying to share a folder from vista to xp. From vista I can see the drives I share but as soon as i'm trying to connect to \\computername\myshare from XP it gives me this error message: not enough server storage to process this comand. I noticed some kb articles about this issue but were addressed to windows NT4. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
October 12th 06 02:46 AM
by Jean-Sebastien Go to last post
0 268
Vista and XP by Jenny-72
I've tried this method with my Epson Stylus Photo 895 attached to a Windows XP Pro workstation but Vista x64 just asks for drivers because they aren't on the XP Pro machine. The problem is, the drivers are only available on the Vista install CD and I can't find them. I've tried connecting the printer to the Vista x64 machine but face similar problems from the XP Pro machine.
October 12th 06 02:46 AM
by Jenny-72 Go to last post
0 315
No network in Vista by Doug
I have a Netgear WG311v2 wireless card that worked with Beta 2. I had to do a clean install with Vista RC1 and Windows will not let the driver install. It either won't install at all or 'not properly'. -- Thanks in advance, Doug
October 12th 06 01:46 AM
by Doug Go to last post
0 335
sharing between vista and me by scott2734
Does anyone know how to share folders between vista and ME? My desktop has vista and my laptop has ME. I'm trying to acces a shared folder on my laptop.And every time i type in my username and password, it tells me its incorrect. I can see the shared folder fine from the network on my vista machine. I know my password is correct. I use the same password for logging onto the laptop as i use...
October 12th 06 01:32 AM
by scott2734 Go to last post
3 315
File transfer over LAN. by Randy Cragin