Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Problem opening programs by denniS
I installed adobe 6 on vista rc1 build 5600 and after installing, the program works fine. Then when I try to open the application a second time I get an "Access denied. I don't have permission to run application". I am only user. Suggestions? den
November 6th 06 04:55 AM
by cbdeans Go to last post
2 456
XP .MSI file Interrupted before completing in Vista by markusallen
I am trying to run an .msi install file and it is being interrupted close to completion. Is there a way to run an .msi file in compatability mode or as administrator to prevent the install from being interrupted?
November 5th 06 09:04 PM
by markusallen Go to last post
2 447
Restart Vista from Remote Desktop by RS
I wan't to restart Vista from a remote desktop session. At windows xp I can do it, but at vista I didn't find a way to restart the pc.
November 2nd 06 07:01 AM
by RAfA95 Go to last post
3 457
Windows .old Boot Up Need Help by Help with vista,, dual boot, problems!
I installed windows RC2 Build 5744 A couple of weeks ago from a website, I did everything right, and even got my serial number for it. I wanted to boot into my old xp home edition, so I could remove windows vista and reinstall later. But, when I used the dual boot screen vista provides, I tried to boot into and earlier version of windows, but it says 'type administrator password' I tried all...
November 1st 06 05:38 PM
by Spirefm Go to last post
1 427
Acctinfo.dll by
Does anyone know if this works on vista. I got the DLL to register, but it doesn't show up in the Active Directory users and computers snapin.
November 1st 06 02:35 PM
by Go to last post
0 590
I can't run a Windows Explorer as Administrator with runas by Joachim
A normal User (non Administrator) can't start a Windows File Explorer with commandline "run as" or with right mouse "run as Administrator" A Explorer appears, but only as non Administrator Is this a bug?
November 1st 06 07:07 AM
by Joachim Go to last post
4 498
Restore/repair permissions by werby2
Hi .. Is there any way to restore/repair the default permissions state on Vista RC2?
October 31st 06 07:18 AM
by werby2 Go to last post
0 528
Where is Vista's version of \All Users\Start Menu\Programs? by Rob Burnett
I just want to drag and drop some common shortcuts to the Start Menu that is loaded for all users. Where is it or how can I do that if it doesn't exist?
October 31st 06 05:29 AM
by GomerPyle Go to last post
1 417
ANS: "What's the deal with UAC (Windows Needs Your Permission scre by Tim
Jimmy, Maybe you can help me...I'm trying to install HP Printer driver and software. I'm logged in as Administrator and running RC2. The install fails with an error of "Can't use 'run as administrator' to install this software". It gives the same error if I actually use the "run as administrator" switch to run it. Any ideas?
October 30th 06 01:44 PM
by swiftflo Go to last post
5 443
Log-in screen by Kai
How do I change the log-in screen to the classic one (i. e. without user picture etc.) ?
October 30th 06 09:38 AM
by Rob Jonas Go to last post
4 427
Parental Controls ~ administration on another vista PC by Jack
im not sure if you have or haven't put this into Vista however if you haven't it would be nice to have it so that 2 pcs that are on a home network to be set up so that 1 pc is for kids and 1 is for the adults that the 1 for the adults can be the administrators of the 1 for the kids. for the reports. permissions to web sites. etc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and...
October 29th 06 03:33 PM
by Jack Go to last post
0 400
Annoyance regarding fast user switching by Michael
In XP, when pressing windows-key+L the system switched to the main logon-screen with the list of avaible accounts. In Vista the sytem switches to a screen that says "account locked" and you have to press switch user in this screen in order to reach the main log-on screen. I find this screen unnecessary. When using fingerprint reader you must first press "switch to other credentials", then...
October 29th 06 03:30 PM
by Michael Go to last post
0 405
Parental Controls ~ administration on another vista PC? by Jack
Is it possible to set up the administrator for the parental controls on one pc to be on another pc? Such as my kids use one PC running Vista and I have my own PC that runs Vista. So if they need access to a web site that I on my PC gets the request. And on my PC I get the PC reports etc. I have a router and networking works great but I’m unsure if this is possible or how to set it up if it...
October 29th 06 03:30 PM
by Jack Go to last post
0 418
ANS: "What's the deal with UAC (Windows Needs Your Permission scre by sbryce61
I am not a computer programmer. I do not know how to access behind the scene programs. When I start internet explorer, it does not ask for permission. I would like to know how to make internet explorer, an administrator. "Jimmy Brush" wrote: Hello, I've noticed that a lot of the questions in these newsgroups are either
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 29th 06 01:10 AM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
10 539
I can not save my downloads! by Antonio
I can't save my downloads in any of my drivers, What I need to do to enable save the downloads files from Internet. Thanks.
October 28th 06 04:24 PM
by Antonio Go to last post
0 370
Office 2007 Activation Server down by millerj
Any idea when server will be back up to activate Office 2007 2RT?
October 27th 06 10:44 PM
by millerj Go to last post
0 383
VISTA VALIDATION again and again...... by G.J Smith
Hi there just received my dvd of Vista RC1 build 5600, it installed okay and for a moment I had full access to all the functions.....but.........sporadically it gives me an error message telling me there is a problem with my product key and I cant validate the software, HELP!! I can't find a solution to the problem and it seems pointless continuing with the program when I can't use the aero...
October 27th 06 10:51 AM
by G.J Smith Go to last post
4 519
Windows Activation doesn't accept my key (RC1 5600) by Senap
Hello. I turned on my PC today and tried to log in when Vista prompts me to activate Windows. It says that my activation period has expired and that I need a new key. I tried using the key I installed Vista with but I only get an error and Vista logs me out again. I thought Vista was going to function until at least 2007? I also thought that I would be ok and be able to backup a few files...
October 27th 06 07:11 AM
by Hardik Shah Go to last post
1 1,557
Administrator vs Administrator by Dan Anderson
OK....In doing multiple CLEAN installs of Vista (RC1 & RC2) I have discovered TWO separate ways to enable and use the built-in Administrator account. What I want to know is what is the difference between these, and is one of them better to use than the other? Of the two ways, one is VERY quick and simple and the other is a bit more complex. Here they a THE COMPLEX WAY: Click Start/All...
October 25th 06 12:45 AM
by kreed Go to last post
5 436
HELP by inafix
I cant find my questions in the news group. I asked for notifiction and never got it. I posted tree times.
October 24th 06 08:12 PM
by Spirefm Go to last post

From The