Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
making the icons in the task bar larger by Steve C[_2_]
I just installed Vista and I was wondering how to make the icons in the task bar larger. Thanks for any help.
June 7th 08 01:09 AM
by Brink Go to last post
3 415
Computer randomly freezes and needs reset by Jonathan H[_2_]
Hi - I have a brand new PC, with quad core Intel 3.2Ghz chip, 4 GB nVidia DDR3 Ram, twin Raid 300GB HD and a 500Gb HD. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit. I have a linksys n-Wireless PCI card, and a 1 Gb nVidia GeForce 9800 Ultra. The problem is that for no reason my computer has started freezing. Once during boot up. Several times whilst in Windows (with no programs running)....
June 7th 08 12:53 AM
by Canuck57 Go to last post
4 405
IP email sent to programs by GRITSandSLUTS
My IP which is Windstream (formerly Alltel) is where I 'go' to 1st check my email so that I 'use THEIR servers' protection to weed out virus, etc.; Windstream says once I 'open' the program, it immediately 'dumps' it into my email program. However, it is sending it to IncrediMail (and NOT to Microsoft Office Outlook 2007). Do I HAVE to 'uninstall' "IncrediMail"? I like some of its...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 7th 08 12:51 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
11 650
wireless network question by J Lunis
Can't find a network ng for vista. If this is not the proper ng, point me to the proper one. OK, I admit it, I'm not a computer guy. I recently bought a new (Vista Home Premium) PC to replace my XP PC. On the XP PC I had a wireless network I could access with my PDA and laptop from almost anywhere in my house. With the Vista PC I fail constantly. I have read a handful of web articles on...
June 7th 08 12:49 AM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
5 418
septa screen saver by Terry[_4_]
I'm using the Vista photos screen saver. After a while the pictures turn to a septa color rather than remaining in their colors. What do I need to change?
June 7th 08 12:27 AM
by garysgold[_29_] Go to last post
2 371
Vista, XP, Mac and Linux Exploit by Charlie Tame
Perpetrated by your ISP at the expense of legitimate charities... http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/06/05/148234 I believe a well known method for "Breaking" the strength of an enemy is "Divide and Conquer". We probably ALL should be united against this kind of behavior from corporations and Governments.
June 6th 08 10:47 PM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
2 373
Black Vista Wallpaper by Denise[_4_]
Hi, does anyone know where to get the sleek black vista wallpaper. I've seen it on a couple of computers, but cant seem to find anywhere to download them from. Any pointers appreciated. Thanks in advance Denise
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 6th 08 10:46 PM
by Lu Powell[_2_] Go to last post
17 730
Uniblue Registry Booster 2 by allenj
I recently fell for it and installed their software. Found a lot of errors but will only fix 15 unless you buy it! I Immediately uninstalled it, but now I get a pop-up window that reads "UNIBLUE REGISTRY BOOSTER 2" "Fail to read from independent file. This application will close now!" But when I click the OK button to close, the message keeps popping up. I did a system retore thinking that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 6th 08 10:24 PM
by Nonny Go to last post
17 621
USB HDDs not working in Vista by Ianng
Hi I need your help. I have 2 USB HDDs: seagate ultra-ata 100G, and samsung serial-ata 160G. My problem is, when I pluged them into Vista, They worked fine. But after that, the second morning, I pluged them in, Vista is HANG! nothing appear! The indicator outside HDD hub indicated the HDDs is not connect, but I can hear them is "running". When I unplug them, Vista back to normal. It is wired!
June 6th 08 10:16 PM
by Donald L McDaniel[_5_] Go to last post
2 337
Cookies.... by DirtyDawg[_2_]
If this is not the place to post this forgive me please, but I'm fairly new to using this Windows Mail program to read messages in the MS bases. Where in the world is the internet files/cache/cookies stored now anyway? I've used the same method in viewing them for quite some time now, but using the same method after getting this new laptop with vista installed isn't showing me the files. ...
June 6th 08 10:07 PM
by Nonny Go to last post
5 577
Automatic keyboard switch by Jan Slauer
I don't know, where I switch the automatic keyboard switching (which depends on window's language) off. Example: I work as programmer in Czech republic. I have installed two keyboard skins (english and czech). When I work in editor, I use english keyboard. When I receive ICQ message, where is czech string, the keyboard skin is automatically switch to czech. When I go back to the editor, the...
June 6th 08 10:04 PM
by goldgin Go to last post
1 324
Vista isn't recognising other OS on partition. by Respawns
Hi, i've just installed XP pro 32x on my 70GB partition, and have Vista Ultimate 64x on my 160GB partition. I installed these myself and are custom OS's, im not sure if this has anything to do with the problem, but.. Once i installed XP, there was no options to boot into Vista. So in goes the Vista repair disk, and im back into Vista..and pretty soon id like to get back into XP ( My media...
June 6th 08 09:27 PM
by Respawns Go to last post
4 471
Vista Wins Again ! by HeyBub
Clear Windows wrote: You really ought to consider getting a life. You mean your kind of life? How ironic! .. praising vista all day and night, putting the vista dvd under your pillow at night, eating lunch from the dvd box, whipping your ars with the leaflet, and listening to all the vista sounds again and again on an mp3 player...
June 6th 08 09:10 PM
by HeyBub Go to last post
0 318
can I still be online when installing sp1-also conect probs 1st tr by Raven5000
can I still use the puter while installing this sp1 update? I have vista business. I tried to install once before and had wireless connection probs after. I restored to previous version (pre sp1) but am still experiencing probs on both laptops. I have called, updated and checked both router/modem for ccomcast connection, and checked wireless modem for Quest internet connection. Trying to...
June 6th 08 09:01 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 335
Have I Really Won? by genie20
Hi Everyone, I am new here so please bare with me. Even thou this is not Vista related i am in a bit of shock at the moment and need advice. I received an email from Saying: (where it says to that where my email address is which i changed)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 6th 08 09:00 PM
by Donald L McDaniel[_5_] Go to last post
23 1,086
How do I download this manatee cursor? by bunnyhugger
The directions on the webpage below did not work for me and my Vista Premium Home version, Windows 2007. Thanks!! http://www.savethemanatee.org/cs_cursor.html
June 6th 08 08:36 PM
by bunnyhugger Go to last post
4 374
Is there anyway to force Windows Photo Gallery to generate thumbna by Autumnale
Is there a way to force Windows Photo Gallery to generate all the thumbnails for all the pictures in my collection without have to scroll through all the pictures with the mouse wheel? Isn't there a setting to say generate all the thumbnails while Photo Gallery is in the background?
June 6th 08 08:14 PM
by Autumnale Go to last post
4 372
.Net Web Applications and Vista by Dino69
Hi, I'm a new user of Windows Vista Ultimate and I'm having lots of problems with my .net web applications. I have already added the registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters\DisabledComponents 0x000000FF. I worked from last week until today. Probably the new updates from Microsoft has changed something else and again, I can't work. Does anybody...
June 6th 08 08:03 PM
by Mr. Arnold Go to last post
2 334
Movie Maker Help by J15A7X
I don't even know if this is the right place to post this but....here goes. I always make naruto amvs, but this time, while I work on my movie, whenever I rewind it or fastforward it the audio is TOTALLY out of sync with the video. This makes it take even longer whenever I want to preview what I just did on my video, because I have to start the whole thing over again! Is there any solution? --...
June 6th 08 08:02 PM
by J15A7X Go to last post
0 330
To OEM or not to OEM by AMG
If I get the OEM version, I know that a restriction in the license means it cannot be transferred to another computer. I need to get clarification on the following: 1) What happens if my computer crashes and I am told I have to reformat the hard drive and re-install Windows? Am I forced to buy a new license? 2) What if I want to have a backup hard drive, or upgrade my existing hard drive to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 6th 08 07:11 PM
by Donald L McDaniel[_5_] Go to last post

From The