Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Printer Driver for PagePro 1350w by UnixMonk
Does anyone have a driver for the Konica-Minolta PagePro 1350W for Vista 64 bit? I can get it to work on my wife's PC which is XP no problem. When her McAfee Security Center is running she can't share the Printer. And I can't find a driver that works for me.
June 21st 10 02:53 AM
by UnixMonk Go to last post
0 585
Blocked Program by [email protected]
I have a program that's supposed to start when I boot into Windows (Vista Home Premium, SP2). However, I get a message that says it's blocked - so, I have to go in and unblock it manually. Is there any way I can set it so it unblocks (or doesn't block at all) by itself?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 21st 10 02:10 AM
by Bob Go to last post
18 944
OS Might Be Corrupt by Fruit2O
I have enough problems with my system that it might be corrupt - in more than one place. This is just a guess. However, I have over 100 apps installed and would hate to have to reinstall all of them with their specific settings. 1. How can I tell if my system IS corrupt? 2. If it is, what is the EASIEST way to get back to where I was before it became corrupt? 3. Is there a way to un-corrupt...
June 21st 10 01:56 AM
by Al[_8_] Go to last post
2 504
"Index Entry is Incorrect by [email protected]
I get the above message whenever I run CHKDSK /R. There are over 20 entries that read: "Index entry xxxxxxxx.yyy in index $I30 of file 18703 is incorrect." The file name is different for each entry but the :$I30" and the "18703" remain the same in each entry. I have no problems with any specific app - but I have no sound at all. CHKDSK doesn't seem to find any other problems. I do have a...
June 21st 10 01:02 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 540
hardware or software problem? by rc
Hello group, Acer Aspire 5100 laptop running windows vista boots up through windows screen and then continues to blank/black screen. At this point nothing more happens. Machine was running perfectly fine. Then I logged off , shutdown, and unplugged charger/power simply to move to another location. When I attempted to use it again (less than 5 minutes later) I got the result I described...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
June 20th 10 04:42 PM
by Shenan Stanley Go to last post
19 1,156
Fax Server Location by Clayton
I have a Brother MFC-9450CDN printer and would like to use it with Windows Fax and Scan in Windows 7, but it is asking for the fax server location, does anyone know what that would be? Thanks
June 20th 10 01:30 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
2 578
WinXP to Vista Upgrade by Ed Pyle
I am upgrading from XP to Vista (on the way to Windows 7). After it completes the compatibility check it starts to copy files. About 20 minutes into the process the upgrade aborts with the following message: "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed." Any ideas of what the problem might be and how to fix it?
June 19th 10 09:04 PM
by Shenan Stanley Go to last post
4 556
Cannot open WMP(11) in Vista. by Sychman[_2_]
Cannot open WMP(11) in Vista. Hello I am in need of and would appreciate some assistance. I am running Vista Home Premium on an Acer Aspire 5738Z. The system was in place when the laptop was purchased in UK.
June 19th 10 08:40 AM
by Sychman[_2_] Go to last post
2 504
Migration from Norton to Kasperski by Ahmad Mahran
Since installing Kasperski antivirus 2010 my computer is acting strangely. My Windows securit alert is red, Kasperski is not working going in cricles with the its configuration wizard which prompts me to restart the computer, and this problem is still going on. Now a new thing has emerged, I am getting th efollowing error " Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed A...
June 18th 10 06:48 PM
by smlunatick Go to last post
4 473
problem downloading the updates by sam
good day. its been quite sometime now that i cannot install the update for Microsoft NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 KB979906. How can i fix this problem? --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
June 18th 10 12:54 AM
by sam Go to last post
0 438
"the internet explorer feedstore is unavailable" by Cleavinger
Yep, my "Feeds" do not update in side bar and for some I merely receive "The Internet Explorer Feedstore is Unavailable." There is a similar thread but apparently 'their' computer fixed itself -- I have been living with this since April 2010. Help!
June 17th 10 10:56 PM
by Cleavinger Go to last post
0 392
Setting up Wireless Networks by Gordon Biggar
On my laptop, I am using Vista Home Premium (32-bit). I set up a wireless connection with my router, using a Netgear wireless adapter. Works like a charm. On my desktop, I have Vista Home Premium (64-bit). It interjects a "VirtualProfile" into the equation of wireless networks available. Using Netgear, I established "Profile1." On the Manage Wireless Networks tab under the Network and...
June 17th 10 08:58 PM
by Peter Foldes[_7_] Go to last post
3 366
Windows Vista Updates by Nathan Rimolde
Always install Important updates immediately so your Vista machine will run smooth.
June 17th 10 08:56 PM
by Peter Foldes[_7_] Go to last post
1 370
Frontpage Express replacement needed for Vista by kraut[_2_]
Does MS have a freeware replacement for the free Frontpage Express that I have been using forever but will not work on Vista?? If not anyone know of another freeware type prog similar to Frontpage Express for on Vista?? TIA
June 17th 10 08:52 PM
by Bickford Shmeckler Go to last post
7 463
Outlook by Bickford Shmeckler
Were you born a HoopleHead, or did you work your way down to it? "Fogel" wrote in message ... : Ok : :
June 17th 10 08:50 PM
by Bickford Shmeckler Go to last post
0 291
aie.org not accessable. by Bickford Shmeckler
Why aren't you asking aie.org? Were you born a HoopleHead, or did you work your way down to it? "webster72n" wrote in message ... : : When trying to download 'aie.org' news groups I get the message that an : unknown response was received and it cannot continue. : What seems to be the problem? : Does it have anything to do with 'the...
June 17th 10 08:50 PM
by Bickford Shmeckler Go to last post
0 323
Idiots by Nathan Rimolde
Why don't all you Idiots stop posting stupid things that have nothing to do with computers!
June 17th 10 08:48 PM
by Bickford Shmeckler Go to last post
7 316
Updates not showed by Pablo Inza
Hi there. I launch windows update, let it look for new updates, it finds new updates, but it doesn´t show me them. This is a screen capture of what I´m saying. http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/204/ss20100411195804.png What´s wrong? How to solve it? Thanks in advance.
June 17th 10 07:50 PM
by Pablo Inza Go to last post
1 300
Windows 7 slow LAN connectivity by yaro137
It's really annoying that when you connect two computers to a WiFi AP and try to copy files between them it takes ages to copy anything and is slow beyond any reason. Even when I connected one of them via wire it's still terribly slow and even freezes from time to time. One of the PCs is XP the other runs 7 Ultimate. I already disabled that thing that checks for connection errors or something but...
June 17th 10 07:07 PM
by yaro137 Go to last post
6 316
Active Desktop in Vista by Nathan Rimolde
I know that XP let you use Active Desktop how about Vista? Any Ideas?
June 17th 10 05:52 PM
by Zimbabwe Jones[_3_] Go to last post

From The