Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Updating drivers by iluv my kitties and family
When I go to device manager I tried to do a driver update and all the devices say they are currently up to date when I search online. I only did this when I tried to different programs that I saw online to see if you have outdated drives. 2 different driver scans shows 20 out of 38 drivers are out of date and told me what they were. One was my Toshiba disk drive mk3252gsx , which the driver...
March 28th 10 06:22 PM
by iluv my kitties and family Go to last post
2 314
High memory usage by Bob Hansen[_3_]
Hi Group I'm having a problem with a Dell Inspiron 1500 laptop with Vista home basic. .. It has only 1 gig of Memory. Memory use runs about 850-900 all the time with no programs open. I've trimmed "services" and unchecked all but vital stuff in system configuration. Task manager-processes shows just the very basic stuff running. I'm at a loss to understand what this machine is doing with 90% if...
March 28th 10 03:25 PM
by db Go to last post
2 293
Accessing a folder in Windows Explorer by Gordon Biggar[_2_]
I am using Vista (64-bit) on a desktop, and I am attempting to access/salvage folders on a hard drive from my laptop (that is no longer bootable) in order to copy these files to another device. The old hard drive ran on a Windows 2000 platform, and I am attempting to access a User folder under Documents and Settings. My Vista system tells me that I do not have permission to access this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 10 04:29 AM
by Gordon Biggar Go to last post
14 550
Searching for Vista USB driver for SONY Handycam TRV340E Digital 8 by Nandkishor
Hi, Please let me know where can I find Windows Vista USB driver for SONY Handycam TRV340E Digital 8 camcorder? Thanks & regards, Nandkishor
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 27th 10 10:56 AM
by Shenan Stanley Go to last post
16 532
Character rendering doesn't run well by Lucio Menci
Hi all, I have Windows Vista SP2 just updated. Some days ago I runned the magnify program (C:\Windows\System32\Magnify.exe) to check graphics on my projects. The screen flashed a while, the program started, but Windows stopped to show in a right way smoothed characters of some texts on the screen. I tried to reinstall drivers of the graphic card, I tried to use another graphic card, but it...
March 27th 10 08:56 AM
by Lucio Menci Go to last post
0 256
Upgrade cost to Office 2010 by Gene L.[_2_]
Does anyone know how much it will cost to upgrade Home & Student 2007 to 2010 when it goes on sale in June? I purchased this 2007 installation disk two years ago. I am not at all dissatisfied with the applications but would prefer working with the latest releases if the cost is not prohibitive. Replies and comments would be appreciated. Gene L.
March 27th 10 02:21 AM
by Gene L.[_2_] Go to last post
5 328
Itunes and Quicktime freeze during download by Ladien
I recently bought a new laptop with Vista Home Basic. I've been trying to download itunes for about a week, and everytime I try it freezes during the process and eventually times out. So far I've updated the command prompt for vbs, disenabled my firewalls and security, turned off pop up blocker, tried download quicktime separately...everything. Whats frustrating is that I don't get a...
March 26th 10 09:43 PM
by Ren Rochelle Go to last post
5 333
fdphost.dll by maarten
For one year know, I have Vista Home Basic. After a couple of "starting" problems with the hardware, I thought it all worked well. Now I have got a strange error about fdphost32.dll. In the "title" of the error the name of the application I want to start appears (I always get it when I start a new application). Then (I do not have an English system, but I'll try to translate it as much as I...
March 26th 10 09:14 PM
by Dave-UK[_2_] Go to last post
1 262
auto play by D Van Deusen
I use an HP pc with Windows Vista 64-bit home premium. I like to play DVDs on the PC using Cyberlink PowerDVD. I can not get the pc to autoplay DVD files when they are inserted. When I use the Control Panel to open the "Set AutoPlay settings," PowerDVD does not show up in the drop-down menu of choices? Can someone tell me please how to make that happen? Thanks
March 26th 10 07:44 PM
by D Van Deusen Go to last post
2 273
RDP to Vista Pro no working anymore by gjb
I have user that can not make an RDP connection from home to his Vista Pro workstation in the office. I tested and can not connect from out side or inside the network. I confirmed the listen port is correct. I have even changed the port number and still no good. The firewall is off. I am considering loading MS MESH https://www.mesh.com/ as a work around but I would rather resolve this. I...
March 26th 10 03:57 PM
by gjb Go to last post
2 277
Vista not starting by bnmohan via WindowsKB.com
Hi! My Dell Dimension/Vista Home Premium SPlatest has been running reasonably troublefree for thre years. Last week, the machine would come up to the 'Micrsosft Corporation' progress bar and progress away to glory. Sometimes a restart would work, sometimes not. The third time it happened, I found it wouldnt start even after three restarts It started on safe mode. I went back to normal mode and...
March 26th 10 02:25 PM
by weinerburg Go to last post
1 319
Internet Explorer acting up by Katie[_2_]
I've never done this before... so you will all have to bare with me. But I have noticed that everytime I use Internet Explorer, it skips letters as I'm typing. I have to type slow and really pay attention to get everything I am trying to type. I'm not really sure why this happened. It worked great for a while and then all of a sudden one day it would skip letters as I was typing. Can anyone...
March 26th 10 12:02 PM
by bnmohan via WindowsKB.com Go to last post
5 334
BSOD by SteM
Hi all, i'm a BlackSOD victim on my laptop. Is there a solid solution to this problem ????? Thanks -- SteM
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 26th 10 10:40 AM
by Dave-UK[_2_] Go to last post
20 937
Browser Choice by Ed O'Brien
Windows Vista Home Premium I used to know but forget... Can someone tell me where Windows stores newly installed updates? I want to uninstall the damned browser choice notice now being presented every time I boot. I just wish that unelected, corrupt bunch of crooks in the EU Commission would butt out. It was they who forced Microsoft to punish us this way.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 26th 10 04:15 AM
by Leonard Grey[_3_] Go to last post
47 1,570
Vista always hang and then black screen by er
Does anyone have this problem. our company used Vista Business. lots of user complaint that when they doing anything, e.g. typing document or anything, windows suddenly hang and then black screen. I can't type con+alt+del. no respond unless I hard reboot the pc. anyone can help me? I checked that its not the hdd hardware problem. thx a lot
March 26th 10 02:47 AM
by er Go to last post
0 334
No Sound by The Learner
Sorry for not crossposting - I have more problems than I can handle!!! While trying to uninstall Comodo, I had an error and the computer froze. I shut it off and it wouldn't boot - not even in Safe Mode. So I used ERUNT to fix the Registry from a command prompt. Unfortunately, the latest ERUNT file was corrupted - so I had to go back about a week. The computer then booted, but I found many...
March 25th 10 11:46 PM
by The Learner Go to last post
0 311
Creating a Desktop shortcut to Downloads folder? by Artreid
There is probably a simple solution to this but I cannot for the life of me figure it out. Is this possible and how? Thanks
March 25th 10 10:47 PM
by Artreid Go to last post
3 279
Configure FM Radio in Windows Media Center by OldManEd
My HP computer came with XP and an FM tuner. I was able to use media center to listen to over-the-air local FM stations with a "T" shaped antenna connected to the computer's FM connector. I have since upgraded to Vista Home Premium and more recently to Windows 7 Home Premium. I have been unable to configure Windows Media Center with either of these OSs to recognize the FM tuner. The 'Device...
March 25th 10 08:16 PM
by Billns Go to last post
3 286
Adobe reader 9 by James Brown[_4_]
How do you delete file files from Adobe Reader? Thanks )
March 25th 10 08:09 PM
by Billns Go to last post
3 298
Got error by Loran
Try to used windows update and keep getting this error code:80070424. Any ideal how to fix this? Thank you for your time, Loran
March 25th 10 06:18 PM
by Merle[_3_] Go to last post

From The