Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sharepoint Folders and Libraries by DABOMBNATLANTA
I tried to use network location in Vista and map it to a Sharepoint library. I got an error message that the folder could not be found. The library and folder does exist. In XP, I was able to map the document library with no problem.
March 15th 10 02:48 PM
by DABOMBNATLANTA Go to last post
0 360
Help undoing virus damage by nlp
About a week ago I had the "Vista Antivirus 2010" virus on my computer. I was able to get rid of it pretty quickly with AVG, but since then I have been having an annoying (but not debilitating) problem. The Vista Antivirus 2010 appears on your computer pretending to be a new program downloaded through vista updates, and lets you know that you have viruses on your computer. Its main purpose is a...
March 15th 10 11:43 AM
by nlp Go to last post
5 435
Print spooler sub system App stopped working by Nig[_2_]
Hi, I have a problem with my printer. I am getting a message saying that the spooler subsystem has stopped working and closed. I have tried manually restarting the spooler but I then get a interactive services message, saying that there is a message that cannot be viewed in windows, I click the view message button and I get a blue screen with a black window then I am told the it does not...
March 15th 10 10:21 AM
by Michael Go to last post
6 683
Scan disk will not run at windows startup by Carole Burg
My OS is Win Vista 64 Home Premium. After scheduling a scandisk, and rebooting, I get the following error: Cannot open volume for direct access. The type of the file system is NTFS. Windows has finished checking the disk. Scandisk never runs and computer goes directly into windows but tries to do a scandisk at every startup and gives the same message.
March 15th 10 05:54 AM
by Carole Burg Go to last post
2 499
Windows Preview thumbnails are gone. by Dan
Windows Preview thumbnails are gone. All I get when moving mouse pointer along taskbar is a description.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 15th 10 05:07 AM
by BigC[_2_] Go to last post
19 719
BLUE SCREEN - Driver Power State Failure - PLS HELP ME by songryong
Please help me to understand these error messages and how to fix it. Driver Power State Failure STOP: 0x0000009f ( 0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa800775a050, 0xfffffa800775a050 , 0xfffffa80061044c0) I really appreciate your help guys.
March 15th 10 01:31 AM
by peter Go to last post
1 438
Win 7 HDMI and poor text clarity by Bob Newman
I am not sure if this would be considered a hardware or software issue so I will double post. Please forgive me. I am using a 19" HD flat panel TV as an external monitor for my laptop (Win 7). Text was crisp and clear with the RGB connection but when I switched to HDMI (to get the audio also) the text got pretty blurry (graphics are still pretty good). I've tried adjusting the resolution,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 15th 10 12:11 AM
by Michael Go to last post
11 716
Found a brief 20% discount on Dragon Preferred by Mark Conrad[_6_]
Nuance is celebrating their acquisition of MacSpeech. They are offering a one-time discount on the normal price of Dragon Preferred, only for a short while, for Vista users, at the MacSpeech website below: http://www.macspeech.com/pages.php?pID=184 The discount is far from obvious, a customer has to
March 14th 10 11:44 PM
by Mark Conrad[_6_] Go to last post
0 314
Disk Cleanup - 3 Questions by CWLee
(Running 2000-Pro, SP-4, IE-6, OE-6, classic mode, dial-up.) (Running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, SP-2, IE-8, WM-6, WLM-09, classic mode, dial-up.) (Running XP Home Edition, version 2002, SP-3, IE-8, OE-6, classic mode, via wi-fi spots.) Question #1: On my Vista system, under Disk Cleanup, one has the option to delete the following, among others:
March 14th 10 11:37 PM
by Ǝиçεl Go to last post
1 280
desktop screen doesnt load by ox
Hi friends, After booting I try to logon on any account but Vista never shows me any desktop. Unhappily restore points were disabled. Perhaps there exist some tool to recover user accounts thanks very much in advance
March 14th 10 09:40 PM
by Bob Go to last post
1 274
Intermittant Connection to Usenet by Astroboy
I am using Vista Home. SP1 does not load and always removes itself. WAN Miniport (SSTP) is flagged as not operating properly. I use Newsrover as a newsreader and NewsGuy for usenet connections. Both worked perfectly for years. I just added a D-Link (model DIR-615) router to my sytem and everything seems to work fine, except for one thing. I'm getting loss of connection with the NewsGuy...
March 14th 10 09:27 PM
by LVTravel[_3_] Go to last post
2 390
battery Icon by goldpony
I was wondering if anyone can help me out? For some reason my battery Icon seem to disappear. I was wondering if it's because I have a APC Battery back up that my computer is plugged up to? I hope my battery in my computer is not going bad.. Thanks, Lauria -- Lauria
March 14th 10 07:18 PM
by Brink Go to last post
7 399
mstsc fails to connect on one of two laptops by jwarren891[_2_]
I have to nearly identical HP laptops. Both are the same model, both are running Vista64 Home Premium. With mstsc, I can connect to my XP Pro SP3 system with no trouble at all. But on the other one, the connection fails with an illuminating "Cannot connect" message. No details as to why. I tried copying the Default.rdb file from the machine that can connect to the other one. That made no...
March 14th 10 03:39 PM
by Microsoft News[_6_] Go to last post
1 310
Defragging by KRK
Hello I sometimes run a defrag program, tho I'm not sure it helps an awful lot. I generally use the built-in Windows utility. There are a lot of other defraggers out there. I am not looking for recommendations. My question, - do all defraggers use the same 'logic' or 'policy' about how & where files are positioned and arranged on the C drive ?
March 14th 10 02:13 PM
by compuwhiz93 Go to last post
4 325
How to find file causing backup failure Access Denied 0x80070005? by Dick Watson
Apparently at least one "Document" file on my Vista laptop is causing File Backup to fail "Access Denied" 0x80070005. I read lots of google on this but most points to something like: "This error occurs because the recovery partition is enabled for File Backup or System Restore and is almost full. To work around this, do not select D:\ as a backup source. Also, go to System Protection in...
March 14th 10 01:39 PM
by Dick Watson Go to last post
3 290
Repairing One File That SFC Could Not Repair by Seni Seven[_2_]
Question: How do I get a file not repaired by System File Checker from a Vista DVD and put it back on the Vista tree? Cannot find the file on the DVD. Background: I had rare problem with Vista (clean installed 3 months ago, after 28 months of the original installation working). My hard drive is probably nearing life end, but there are only a few bad sectors (and only because
March 14th 10 08:21 AM
by niemiro Go to last post
4 330
Cost to Upgrade by Gene L.[_2_]
About two years ago, I purchased Microsoft Home and Student 2007 along with Microsoft Outlook 2007 for my Dell computer running Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit). Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to upgrade to Version 2010 for these programs? I am a single user, at home small office - would such an upgrade yield any significant benefits? Thanks for your help and evaluation.
March 14th 10 02:59 AM
by +Bob+ Go to last post
7 326
Default zip file icon by Ted
How can I get my Windows zip icon back? Thanks to Ramesh I can now open zip files but thee Internet Explorer icon is being used as the zip file icon. How can I get it back? I'm not too computer literate when it comes to working on H_keys in the registry, if that's what it takes, but I can follow good instructions. Can a clever person help me out please?
March 13th 10 05:01 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 316
Question about clb.dll error by bhakeman
I was trying to access regedit and I got an error message that there is something wrong with clb.dll. Most of the 'fixes' say that I need to go back to a restore point before I installed 'the' program that caused the problem. Well, since I have no idea when this started, I'm not going to try to go back to a restore point. I did read that you can copy the dll file from another computer and...
March 13th 10 12:43 PM
by niemiro Go to last post
2 298
Everything next to the start-button is not responding by coretex
I have a brand new HP TX1250 eo laptop with Vista Home Basic. All of a sudden some things stopped responding. Start-menu works fine. But everything on the same bar next to it, the quick-launch, active programs and the taskbar is not responding to anything. Ctrl-tab works to switch between programs. But it's still annoying!! However. It works for a while during the startup, something there...
March 13th 10 11:51 AM
by blocboy Go to last post

From The