Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
VITAL - SWITCH OFF the UPDATES by Little Charlie[_4_]
You are very much mistaken. You are giving really BAD ADVICE based on alleged strange behavior on your PC alone. You have constructed in your mind a scenario that is not real. It is also painfully apparent your PC savvy is sorely lacking. Worst though is the BAD ADVICE you give that some may actually comply with out of similar ignorance.
January 19th 09 11:34 PM
by Pauli Taglia Go to last post
1 294
Unable to access Documents and Settings by Walt
I am mysteriously unable to access the C:\Documents and settings folder. When I click on it I receive an "access denied" message. Once could and don't know what changed. Neither McAfee or Adaware (free) reveals any malware. I am the only user, administrator priveleges. When I go to propertiessecurities tab for the folder it says I have full control. Any ideas? --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 19th 09 11:23 PM
by MikeF[_2_] Go to last post
10 475
Icon of hard drive in My Computer has changed (Vista HP) by Jdr
I suddenly noticed that icon of My Book WD external drive has changed. Also in " Windows Help and Support" instead of icon there are only shown white squares with a red cross ( place holders). How can I fix this problem? (I'm running Vista Home Premium 64 bit) Thanks IA - Regards - JDR
January 19th 09 11:19 PM
by Jdr Go to last post
2 310
Windows Vista Update Errors by Phoenix
Okay, so I've had these issues plaguing me for MONTHS and I'm starting to get really frustrated. First and foremost, I've needed the SP1 for windows Framework or something like that (would have to check my laptop to be sure) for several months, and everytime Windows Update attempts to install it, it fails. Also, the update for my Zune--Fails. This update came out MONTHS ago...I haven't been...
January 19th 09 11:09 PM
by jbomz3 Go to last post
3 329
windows based ipconfig app by Duane[_4_]
Has anyone run across a windows based ipconfig app. I would like to just click an icon and see what I would see if I went run,cmd,ipconfig I tried a bat file but it opens and closes to fast Thanks Duane
January 19th 09 10:33 PM
by its_timay Go to last post
4 322
Da Jerk Count by measekite
I ran out of Da Lamb Chop so I went to the store and bought Da Lube to rub my "Da Baboon" with. That tiny excuse of a pecker needs to be rubbed and since I can't get a girl to do it, I must do it alone. I then add one to Da Jerk Count
January 19th 09 10:18 PM
by Bill Yanaire Go to last post
1 305
System32. Browser.exe changed into Browser.bak by ErrorProxy
Ok so. Just before i say anything i use Vista Home Premium x64. I can't give you anymore of my system specs.. cause i can't get to system properties page. Here i am trying to put on this skin called Albook and one of the steps is to change browseui.dll into browseui.bak and i think i accedentally changed browser.dll into browser.bak. And now my welcome screen is all black when i turn on my...
January 19th 09 10:04 PM
by ErrorProxy Go to last post
0 296
Install Buffalo Navigator by LarryLunsford
In Windows Vista how do you activate EXECUTE UNDER ADMINISTRATION AUTHORITY -- LarryLunsford Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
January 19th 09 09:50 PM
by Tom Allen Go to last post
1 281
TweakUI vs TweakVI by cqui3
TweakUi basic is a valuable utility. More elegant than TweakUI - but some of the functions of TweakUI are not available in TweakVI Basic. Although the latter is far more complete. My opinion is both should be installed.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 19th 09 09:39 PM
by cqui3 Go to last post
15 531
Multiple Vista Issues by Endulini
Hi, I've a number of issues with my Vista PC that I was looking for advice from someone regarding. Firstly, my PC seems stuck in an endless loop of trying to update IE7 with a security update (KB960714). According to the Update History this installed itself ok when it was first downloaded but does not appear in the list of installed updates. Now the system downloads it every day only for it to...
January 19th 09 09:37 PM
by Endulini Go to last post
0 245
Help needed... by stefcky
Three days ago I installed Win Vista on my home computer (poor me- Pentium4 2.00ghz ;512mb ram;Nvidia Gforce 440MX) It worked normal. Yesterday after Installing some programs and drivers (motherboard,graphic card ones & office 2007,VLC,Windows Live, HijackThis,and so on (I tried them on the same PC earlier and they were OK)) my computer started to act strange. After 10 or more seconds working...
January 19th 09 09:12 PM
by philo Go to last post
6 247
i.e opening blank page by marty
hi ,this only happens when i log onto microsoft discussions through the "click on this link to read or rate this response "in windows mail ,i click the link and a blank page opens up.is this a problem with my mail settings or i.explorer -- martyb
January 19th 09 08:49 PM
by marty Go to last post
2 256
Migrating Mandatory Profiles by Elan Shudnow
So Mandatory Profiles require the folder have a .v2 added to it and the NTUser.Dat renamed to NTUser.Man. So if you're migrating from XP, do you have to bulk modify the folder names to have a .v2 added for each user who uses that XP workstation that is about to get upgraded who are currently taking advantage of mandatory profiles?
January 19th 09 08:40 PM
by Elan Shudnow Go to last post
0 292
one final question by FireBrick[_2_]
If I buy the Vista 'builders' version, I can only install that on one machine, ever? If that machine dies and I build another, I can't use that version of Vista Premium? That's the way I read it. With the age of my machines, that may not be wise.
January 19th 09 07:36 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
7 286
For once by John Barnett MVP[_3_]
NFR (Not for Resale) software is the type of software sent out to every software reviewer in the country. As a Journalist it is accepted that 'a company' be that Microsoft or anyone else is allowing you to have full use of that software without you having to pay a single penny for it. That is a goodwill gesture on behalf of the company, they don't have to do it. If they wish they can also...
January 19th 09 06:44 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
0 294
Computer Startup Problem by Anita
When booting up my computer, it stops at the screen that says: Startup Error. It re-boots several times from there and then it boots into the desktop. The start-up error indicates that I've had a hardware failure or change.
January 19th 09 06:43 PM
by Anita Go to last post
0 262
temp. internet files not saving websites that have been gone to by may
When checking temporary internet files it doesn't seem to be saving the websites that have been visited. I like to check the websites that my son has been to just to make sure he isn't getting into any trouble on internet. For instance someone could be on computer all day and there will be only one item listed, it isn't showing for instance our email address or any websites that have been...
January 19th 09 06:17 PM
by may Go to last post
5 262
access denied by ted medin
Go to my userid & click on documents. Then click on my pictures & get access denied. What am I missing? TIA -- ____________________________ In Christ's matchless name Ted n6trf
January 19th 09 06:08 PM
by ted medin Go to last post
8 278
language pack for Windows Vista Home Basic by jonka24
Hi! I have Windows Vista Home Basic English version, but wish to have a Swedish one... The problem is: I can't find any languge pack. Do You know of any?
January 19th 09 05:14 PM
by edin456[_2_] Go to last post
8 386
Disk cleanup files: "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" by cvcctome
I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521. When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the program searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I have not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find out what these files are, and came up...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 19th 09 05:10 PM
by adamrv1 Go to last post

From The