Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Backup and Recovery by Connie[_3_]
I'm concerned my system may crash and I have no back up and recovery disk or Vista installation disk. I was told I could order one from the manufacturer but I'm wondering if there is a way to create one after setup. I have a XP Home Edition I suppose I could use but I would rather create a Vista backup, if possible.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 8th 10 09:55 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
13 758
Joining Vista Prof. to domain by George[_15_]
Why does it take so long for Vista to join a domain? I have a vista pro machine. Locally everything works fine local user signs on builds the desktop quickly. From the local profile I join a domain. It finds the domain quickly, then asks to reboot.. I reboot sign on as the admin of the domain.. Next step is to build the desktop for the user I'm signing on as.. It just sits on the...
March 8th 10 07:53 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
4 295
Vista Problems by woodybrown
Hello everyone, I have had several problems with my computer. First of all when I turned my computer on I got a message saying: 'Your computer is suffering from a recent hardware or software fault. The file is windows/config32/config/system. My windows would not come on. It said that windows failed to load because the system reistry file is corrupt or missing.' I was then instructed to repair...
1 277
Vista only works in safe mode by Sterling1
I have a Dell desktop running Vista Home Premium 32 Bit. I can only get it to startup in safe mode. I tried using system restore to an earlier date but that didn't help either. Is there something else I can try without having to reinstall windows? Please help!! Thank you!
March 8th 10 04:55 PM
by housetrained Go to last post
8 487
Digital Camera Wizard by Phil Rhodes
With Windows XP, my digital camera would download into a selected folder with a built in wizard. But with Vista, I have to open 'Computer' and copy my photos from the camera to a folder. What gives?
March 8th 10 01:29 PM
by Michael Go to last post
3 349
Desktop Icon Text in Vista by Phil
A friend is having a problem with the text (Name) of his desktop icons. Text should be white on the blue background but the text appears to have some blue color in it which makes it appear blurred. When he has black text on a white background it appears to have some white in it. It looks like the background color is bleeding into the text color. Any help appreciated....
March 8th 10 12:50 PM
by ggildas Go to last post
6 520
Windows Vista Home 32 cannot run system file backup the program is no longer here by Raymond Ellis
I cannot run windows system file backup. The program is no longer on my computer How do I get it back? Thanks, Raymond
March 8th 10 12:00 PM
by Raymond Ellis Go to last post
1 379
Converting PDF File To Word by Connie[_3_]
I'm trying to convert a PDF file to Word. I've found some converter programs but when I try to save the PDF file, I can only save it as a text.
March 8th 10 08:32 AM
by honymumu Go to last post
8 476
Cannot upgrade Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate by C.B.[_6_]
I apologize for the length of this diatribe. Here we go. I bought a new computer two years ago. It. came with Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I upgraded to Vista Ultimate 32 bit. No problem. I saved a full image of Ultimate to an external HD using Acronis. I did a clean install of Win 7 Beta when it was released. I decided to remove the Win 7 Beta and go back to Vista Ultimate using the Acronis...
March 7th 10 11:28 PM
by charrod Go to last post
7 343
Bright and washed out looking Office documents inc IE by Ted
Hi, my Office docs, inc Outlook and even the pages on IE have suddenly appeared washed out and a lot brighter. It is making my eyes strain and the blue wording you often see on IE pages such as on forums, is faint now, at least the small words that are often to the side of boxes etc. I did a system restore and that came back as successful but there was no change to the bright pages, they...
March 7th 10 10:23 PM
by Ted Go to last post
6 363
Logon Script Weirdness - Vista Systems by Nick
Hello All, I have a logon script (W2k3 domain) which runs as part of a group policy. The script connects a networked printer and sets it as default. Works perfect on Windows Xp systems. Just introduced 4 Vista Pro systems to the network. I'm findng the script runs and connects the printer, but setting it as the default is hit and miss! Sometimes it sets it as default, other times not. ...
March 7th 10 08:59 PM
by Nick Go to last post
0 304
Vista has slowed down, how to speed up? by Alex McFarlane[_2_]
Dear All, I have a trusty laptop running Vista Ultimate with 2 Gb RAM. When I first got it it ran programmes like Mozilla Firefox and the Office Suite rapidly, opening the apps quickly when required. Over time programmes began to slow down upon opening. I also tried the new Windows 7 which was OK but had a few drawbacks. So I bit the bullet and re-set my machine back to how it was when it was...
March 7th 10 05:19 PM
by Michael Go to last post
8 404
Windows Easy Transfer won't load files? by JonK
I ran Windows Easy Transfer on my laptop with Windows 7 RC1 to save and move my profile data because Win 7 RC is shutting down. I am trying to install the Windows Easy Tranfer data to Windows Vista Business. Each time I try it won't read the file but keep asking for the drive with the data to be loaded. I tried a test by moving the the data (.MIG) files out of the folder I saved them to and...
March 7th 10 01:50 PM
by JonK Go to last post
0 282
Open File Security Warning with Synaptics driver by M. Murcek
Vista 32 bit Ultimate - The 9.1.0 Synaptics driver always causes a Open File Security Warning at startup, after logging in, behaves as if it's not a signed driver. Doesn't matter if Always Show This is unchecked. Anyone having similar behavior? Machine is an Acer 5630 notebook which otherwise runs Vista like a clock..
March 7th 10 08:53 AM
by cgos Go to last post
4 320
Nuance (Dragon) acquires MacSpeech by Mark Conrad[_6_]
For those Windows users who also run Macs as I do, there is good news. The tiny Mac company "MacSpeech" has been aquired by the 800 pound gorilla "Nuance", the owner of the Dragon NaturallySpeaking line of products. http://www.nuance.com/news/pressreleases/2010/20100216_macspeech.asp Mark-
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 7th 10 05:59 AM
by John Doe[_10_] Go to last post
33 1,249
Vista & SBS 2008... by Mike[_36_]
I joined a vista laptop to a SBS 2008 domain & after logging on, I just get the spinning wheel next to the cursor & everything is pretty much locked up. Where can I start to fix this!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 7th 10 03:22 AM
by Russ SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Go to last post
10 649
836 wpm with 100% accuracy, "typing speed test" by Mark Conrad[_6_]
836 wpm, my dictation speed with 100% accuracy, according to Andy's test site below: http://www.now1technologies.com/typetest The results there are posted under my name of Mark Conrad. Now perhaps Andy will stop lying about me
March 7th 10 02:29 AM
by fosist Go to last post
8 628
Please Help Computer Cant Detect SD or Pro cards when inserted. by gmm4343
i have an HP Pavilion Slimline Vista 64, a few days ago i tried putting in my SD card in the built-in slot but my computer wouldnt detect, i tried viewing the files on my phone and the files wouldnt come up there either, it said that i had a card in but the card had 0% space used up, but also had 0% free. so i figured the card was no good anymore...then i tried viewing files from a PRO Duo stick,...
March 7th 10 02:09 AM
by ajhiker Go to last post
8 362
Dead Removable drives by eXistenZ[_2_]
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit Service Pack 2 Single user --------------------- I have four drives showing in Computer They came pre installed with my computer. Removable Disk F Removable Disk H Removable Disk I Removable Disk I
March 7th 10 12:58 AM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
6 377
account unknow by Loran
account unknown (s-5-21-2659917360-1679971600-1089088173-1001) (s-5-21-2659917360-1679971600-1089088173-1005) (s-5-21-2659917360-1679971600-1089088173-1007) Can i delete these or do i need to keep them.
March 7th 10 12:42 AM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post

From The