Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
How to delete address history in explorer windows? by chura
In the address bar in any explorer window, whenever I click on the down arrow, or start typing in a url or file location, a history of all previous locations and urls appears. How do I remove this history? Note that I am not talking about Internet Explorer address history - this is in a folder window. I've tried using deleting history using internet explorer and a bunch of software available on...
February 28th 10 01:20 AM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
4 360
gadgets by Retired
I know how to turn on the Windows Sidebar in Vista -- but, is it possible to do that in Win 7? Many thanks for any help!
February 28th 10 12:31 AM
by Russ SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Go to last post
4 360
Enter Key by kaylie_guurl
In the last few days everytime I press the Enter Key, Windows Media Center Opens up. Ive tried all I can think of to try and get it to quit, but still nothing. Any suggestions? -thnx
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 27th 10 09:59 PM
by Gene E. Bloch[_4_] Go to last post
13 645
Why does printer print test page by Ralph[_7_]
Every time I fire up the computer it prints a test page on the Laserjet 2200. I have my laptop and the wife's desktop on a home network. Is there something in a startup menu that I can disable? Running Vista on the laptop, XP Pro on the desktop.
February 27th 10 07:07 PM
by housetrained Go to last post
1 242
blank screen after loading explorer by splitblazer
my laptop had a crash and i sent it for a repair service.. but i receive the laptop with a blank screen after loading.. im able to load things like internet explorer but im not able to go in 'my computer' or any system related folders..
February 27th 10 12:12 PM
by Jim[_63_] Go to last post
2 271
Vista Ultimate, Invalid Disk Pack by Danny
Hi! A weird problem. I used to have 3 USB disks (dynamic GPT) running fine under Vista Ultimate. Then I made a fresh Windows 7 Home Premium install. Noticing that it didn't recognise my disks (and other problems as well), I decided to go back to Vista Ultimate (using Windows.old). But now the original Vista Ultimate installation didn't recognise them either! They have status Invalid in Disk...
February 27th 10 09:58 AM
by Simi More Go to last post
9 421
How to run the DIVX avi file in Media player by pol
Hi all, I am using windows vista. I cannot run divx AVI file in my media player. Please advice me. The error message is " this type file cannot run' Pls help With thanks Pol
February 27th 10 06:30 AM
by Shenan Stanley Go to last post
1 240
Java autoupdate in Vista by Richard Fangnail
I've read that in Vista, there is no way to turn off Autoupdate in Java SE. With XP you could do it in Control Panel. I have Vista with the latest Java SE. I could find nothing in Control Panel. There is no Java icon in the System Tray - if there was, I could set up the autoupdates from there. Is there still no way to turn off the Java Autoupdate in Vista? It's possible I will have to wait...
February 27th 10 06:22 AM
by BobC[_4_] Go to last post
3 297
strange Q drive by Greg[_24_]
Hello, I noticed in my explorer there is a Q drive. local disk When i click on it it says access is denied I have no usb drives in. When i bring up computer management I see a blank volume which is 39 mb anyone know what this is? thanks
February 27th 10 01:42 AM
by +Bob+ Go to last post
3 264
Windows Remote Assistance Keyboard Gibberish by Randy
I am helping somebody fix their PC (Vista Home Premium on a Gateway laptop) via Windows Remote Assistance. The first time that we used it (after some success), after a planned restart, I couldn't reconnect and the remote user's keyboard would result in gibberish (e.g. type one letter, get something totally different on the screen). We needed to rebuild the PC anyway, so this just prompted us to...
February 26th 10 10:45 PM
by Randy Go to last post
4 279
Windows Update won't show the updates that it wants to install by tpa[_2_]
Hi All I just got the new updates for my Vista Biz OS. Problem is that it won't show the name of the updates that it is going to install, it just shows that they are 5. Now, I need to know *what* I am installing before I do that, right?
February 26th 10 10:22 PM
by Gene E. Bloch[_4_] Go to last post
2 303
Install network printer on outsider laptop? by M Skabialka
A guest wants to use his company laptop to print on our network. How is that done if his computer is not part of our domain? He would need no other netowrk access than to the printer. I tried adding the printer as a network printer using \\10.10.x.x I also added it as a local printer then tried to add a TCP/IP port of 10.10.x.x but neither recognized the IP address. This procedure worked...
February 26th 10 08:29 PM
by smlunatick Go to last post
3 269
February 26th 10 05:46 PM
by smlunatick Go to last post
2 217
Desktop file locks up & hangs w/ "not responding" message when ope by nyc79
I have a shortcut on my desktop for a My Book external hard drive (F:), which opens all the saved files on it (i.e., pictures, music and videos). It has worked fine up until recently. When I click on it now, it opens partially (you can see the bottom and side scroll bars), but then it hangs and i get the message "not responding". i get the usual 3 options to close the program, wait for it to...
February 26th 10 05:21 PM
by nyc79 Go to last post
0 224
Windows Movie Maker? by Artreid
I cannot locate a NG for my question. I am new to this movie editing stuff and realize this may not be the place to ask, I'm sure someone can point me in the right direction. Using Windows Movie Maker I am attempting to make a video movie brighter/lighter as it is very dark. I have read the MovieMaker Help Webpage and can see this can be done but after reading it numerous times and many...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 26th 10 04:33 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
10 581
Folder isn't displayed with full path. by Mr. X.
Hello. I have a problem, that on Windows-7, I see the folder with the full path, but I cannot copy+paste them (each subfolder is seperated, as it is a component, and I want to copy the folder as old phasion style, I.e c:\program\files\windows) Thanks :)
February 26th 10 03:09 PM
by Terry R.[_2_] Go to last post
3 224
Remote Desktop Web Connection by colinlam
Hi, I am trying to set up the Remote Desktop Web Connection but all I am getting is a blank page after entering the password for my Router Configuration manager. It never asks for the Active X to be run. I have installed the Remote Desktop Web Connection program and the security update and opened Ports 80 and 3389 on both my router and firewall. Anybody have any ideas what I am doing wrong,...
February 26th 10 12:36 PM
by jmonroy1973[_3_] Go to last post
7 296
Windows error "0xc00000e9" by shabangles
Hello, sorry if this is posted in the wrong topic. I require some assistance please. My laptop was on the other day and I left it on it's screensaver to go do some jobs around the house and then I returned about a half hour later to find this message on my screen. "*_Windows_Boot_Manager_* Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
February 26th 10 10:46 AM
by housetrained Go to last post
1 246
Start Menu for All Users by scott
I'm trying to move some custom shortcuts from my "User" profile Start Menu to the "All Users" profile Start Menu. Unfortunately, all of the folders in Vista that contain what appears to be the "All Users" profile Start Menu give an "access denied" error when I click them. Where is the Vista equivalent to the Win XP's "All Users" profile Start Menu?
February 26th 10 08:58 AM
by Valiante Go to last post
3 233
Pondering speech recognition app's, in general by Mark Conrad[_6_]
What to think about SR app's? Depends on who you ask. To me, it is just an alternative way to create text. Some advantages, some disadvantages over the regular keyboard way of creating text. There are two modern speech app's that Vista users can
February 26th 10 02:37 AM
by Mark Conrad[_6_] Go to last post

From The