Graphics Card Question by Cypher
I recently purchased a GM5664 Gateway system and I need some information installing a new graphics card. Here is a link to my system http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8649368&productCategoryId=abcat0501002&type=product&tab=2&id=1195599475576#productdetail Monitor - Samsung SyncMaster 245BW Due to the poor graphics card that came with this system I plan on upgrading
March 22nd 08 06:24 AM
by BigJim Go to last post
2 269
Device Manager Blank-URGENT! by Sarah
I installed a PCI card for a firewire cable and also installed the software disk containing the drivers. It would not recognize the new device and now, my Device Manager is blank, sound is not working, etc. Any ideas? Thank you!
March 22nd 08 05:05 AM
by Jas184 Go to last post
6 292
Vista x64 BSOD or hangs by tomdais
I have an Asus Striker II Formula m/b(3xPciex16) with two 8800GTX in SLI. I bought an AverMedia A177 duo hybrid DVB-t tuner which is pcie x1.When installed the drivers I saw that it took the same IRQ with my 8800 gpus (IRQ16).The manual of the m/b says the 3 pcie slots have share feature for the IRQ. When starting scanning for channels using the software of the avermedia or the Media Center of...
March 22nd 08 04:51 AM
by Jas184 Go to last post
4 262
Why don't windows applications on vista work with my iMac's sound by Dan S[_2_]
Why don't windows applications on vista work with my iMac's sound and graphics card? What video/graphics and sound card do you recomend for an iMac with leapord and vista installed on it (partitioned)? Or what software works without any video card and sound card problems to integrate vista on a mac? Dan
March 22nd 08 02:51 AM
by Charlie Go to last post
5 241
Can I stop Vista to ask for loading a device ? by Rob
I use a multichannel sound card (legacy...) (Frontier Design Dakota - www.frontierdesign.com) and each and every time I boot the PC (Vista x64) or load a profile, I am prompted to ''RUN'' this device. Even though each and every single time (I like to click for nothing...), I unselect the box that says ''Always ask me prior to run this program''. Which in my own words should tell Vista once...
March 22nd 08 02:46 AM
by Pavel A. Go to last post
2 198
DVD/CD-rom by JA
In my device properties it says windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware . The driver may be corrupted or missing(code39) help what does this mean -- jat
March 21st 08 11:30 PM
by .Joe[_159_] Go to last post
1 185
How to measure disk performance.... by Howard Woodard
Does anyone know of a free diagnostic that will perform a simple check on a disk's r/o performance? Thanks in advance. Howard =============================
March 21st 08 09:57 PM
by PaulM Go to last post
1 189
iPod Vista problem by husky86
I'm running a desktop system with Windows Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 1. Yesterday my new iPod Shuffle (2 GB) arrived. Not long after plugging it in I got a Microsoft .NET Framework error that keeps popping up: "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error an attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application...
March 21st 08 09:22 PM
by husky86 Go to last post
0 180
Fingertip Reader by Martin Racette
Hi, I have seen on the web a company that make and sells fingertip readers, they have all the drivers for Vista and Vista64, but the drivers only, do I need anything else to use such device with Vista64 + SP1 -- Thank You in Advance Merci a l'avance
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 21st 08 08:41 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
11 398
Seagate IDE to USB drive in Windows Vista by Ehab
i am trying to connect two old seagate ide 80 gb hard drives ( barracuda 7200.7 and ST380020A ) to my dell inspiron 1300 laptop with windows vista home premium. i am using an ide to usb cable. first thing that happens when i connect either is that 'safely remove hardware' icon pops up in the system tray and then disappears after a few seconds. i managed to double-click it a few times before...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 21st 08 07:41 PM
by glassdentist Go to last post
12 327
Vista SP1 and Firewire 800 by alstein[_2_]
Hi I am using Windows Vista Ultiamte SP1. I read that they would be incorporating Firewire 800 (1394B) capability with SP1. Does anyone know if this is, in fact, true? -- alstein ------------------------------------------------------------------------
March 21st 08 04:23 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
5 207
No Battery Detected by Upsidedown25
(My laptop is a Dell Inspiron E1505 w/ Windows Vista Ultimate)Vista states that no battery was detected, yet i have one inserted. I've tried pulling it out and putting it back in, even the BIOS settings detect no battery. When I remove the power cable, it still runs off battery, but the battery light turns red. Also, I am trying to upgrade my BIOS and as a requirement, you must have your...
March 21st 08 03:29 PM
by DellCA[_24_] Go to last post
5 157
How to enable 4GB RAM in Vista client? by ever
How to enable 4GB RAM in Vista client? by PAE? How to use 4GB RAM? How to clarify 4GB in using? Thanks a lot!!
March 21st 08 01:44 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 189
Soundmax Audio won't work properly with Vista sp1 - Advice please by Malcolm H
I am using Vista Home Premium with Soundmax ADI986A integrated audio on Asus P5LD2 SE motherboard. All worked OK since I installed Vista May 2007. Now I have installed Vista sp1 Audio will not work correctly. I have searched the web for a suitable updated driver - so far unsuccessfully. Please can anyone point me in the right direction? Many thanks (in anticipation)
March 21st 08 01:07 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 156
Vista SP1 denies access to second SATA HDD by nerdy 1
Since installing Vista SP1 windows denies access to my second SATA HDD. saying: Location is not available E:\ is not accessible. The device is not connected. The drive was working great until SP1 install rebooted the system.
March 21st 08 12:08 AM
by nerdy 1[_2_] Go to last post
7 196
Windows vista X64 premium giving error 39 for Pioneer DVD-212D by aknisley
I had an IDE DVD burner installed when I originally built this machine and it worked for a while. When it stopped working I though is was bad so I did some research and bough an Pioneer DVD-212D which was on the list of approved devices for Vista X64. The drive shows up fine in the bios and Windows finds it and installs a driver for it. The problem is it has an error 39 and the date for the...
March 21st 08 12:06 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
5 202
Vista SP1 "broke" my bluetooth by EP2008
After installing SP1 for vista last night, I now notice that my bluetooth icon no longer displays in my taskbar and I am not able to see any of my current devices in the Bluetooth window from the control panel. All of the previously installed devices work (e.g. PDA, Mouse, etc.), but I can't add new devices. Any suggestions? FYI: This problem was the reason why I uninstalled the SP1 beta...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 20th 08 11:42 PM
by Bob Go to last post
10 340
Missing CD/DVD by Jan
I bought a new ASUS M51SN laptop last month running Windows Vista. I have subsequently loaded MS Office 2003, Skype, Norton SystemWorks and NERO8. I recently upgraded Vista with SP1, Nero, Skype and Norton to their latest versions and the ASUS Bios to 304. While I had a number of software problems prior to these upgrades, I placed my faith in the Vista upgrade, but am still left with a...
March 20th 08 11:12 PM
by Jan Go to last post
5 210
HP Scanjet 3500c by Hans von der Crone
I can't seem to install my scanner in Vista. Any1 got a workaround? There seem to be no drivers available.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 20th 08 10:49 PM
by Dave Go to last post
12 366
Upgrading to Vista 64-bit Help by SJHunter86
I am trying to upgrade my current OS from Windows XP Professional 32-bit version to Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit. I recently upgraded to a 64-bit mobo and a 64-bit cpu (2.2ghz intel core2duo) so I want to get the most out of my system by upgrading my dated OS. On the Windows Marketplace it offers a downloadable version of Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit FULL, since I know I can't use...
March 20th 08 09:50 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post

From The