Advansys SCSI Host Adaptor by stu
Hi, Vista wouldn't upgrade until I removed the subject PCI card. Anyone know of a Vista compatable driver. Google hasn't helped so far. Thanks
February 12th 07 06:09 PM
by hamish72 Go to last post
2 184
Vista freeze with Core 2 Extreme QX6700 by Anders
Hi! My system freezes/locks up every time i run Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit fullversion, sometimes i can run vista for about 1-3 minutes before it locks/freezez up and i have to press the reset button. The system will freeze even if I startup Vista and dont do anything, so its no particular program or event that causes the freeze, just random. If run Vista in SAFE MODE its stabile...
February 12th 07 05:24 PM
by Anders Go to last post
2 174
56k modem drivers. by Ripu
I bought vista home premium upgrade and i can't get any of my pci modems to work. I have a modem with a conexant rs56-pci chip on it and a pc tel hsp 56 micro modem both don't work. I don't have the option of high speed in my area so i need a modem that works with vista. Does anyone know if there is a driver for either of my modems or know of a modem that will work with vista? Thanks
February 12th 07 05:10 PM
by ChrisW Go to last post
4 202
Dell Laptop Video by Michael Mastro
Ok, I have a Dell Inspiron E1505. Prior to my upgrade to Vista the laptop was showing 256MB of video RAM from the AT1 x1400 card that is part of the laptop. After I upgraded to Vista Ultimate, this dropped to 128 MB and programs that were requiring the 256 stopped running on me. I tried installing Dell's drivers Vista drivers for the laptop, but they kept crashing the computer as soon as...
February 12th 07 04:50 PM
by Ludwig Go to last post
2 174
Hard disk no longer available in XP after installing Vista by Michael Feld
Hello all, I just installed Vista on my machine on a new partition, so that I now have a dual boot configuration for XP/Vista. This basically works. Now I have 3 physical hard disks, each with more partitions. The first one, which is a "basic" disk on which the XP and Vista partitions are, works well on bot OSes. However, the other two, which are "dynamic" disks, don't seem to work in XP...
February 12th 07 04:24 PM
by How do you empty Drive D Go to last post
8 190
ATI Mobility Radeon AGP by [email protected]
Hi Has anyone managed to get the full driver software to work on this on Vista? I have downloaded numerous versions of the Catalyst software and while I have a working driver, none of the extended ATI tabs in the Advanced view of Display Properties appear. ATI don't want to know so far as Mobility drivers go, and Sony (my
February 12th 07 04:17 PM
by Hawkins, Charles F. Go to last post
1 157
Vista won't recognize HDD by Ryetronics
I have a dual boot configuration of XP and Vista, with each OS on their own respective HDD's. I also have a 3rd HDD that has all of my media documents on it. Through XP, that media drive is linked to . But when I try to access that drive in Vista, it is listed as Offline. When I right-click on it in Computer Management, my only options are Convert to Basic, Properties and Help. Obviously I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 12th 07 02:13 PM
by Polaris 2007 Go to last post
13 255
sound problems by Tom
this a new one, i have the bose companion 5 speaker system which hoosk up thru a usb port sound and everything works fine until i plug my xbox gamepad in then the sound goes downhill its distorted and very scratchy like. when i unplug the gamepad and reboot the problem is gone sound is good. microsoft tech support is baffeled help? tom
February 12th 07 01:52 PM
by Tom Go to last post
0 179
ELO Driver availability by Xteach
anyone know of any Vista ready drivers for ELO touchscreen monitors yet?
February 12th 07 08:47 AM
by Xteach Go to last post
2 199
dynamic disks by Squibbly
i know that you can convert the basic disks of the hard drive to dynamic to access mirror and striping raid type backup systems, but will i be able to convert back to ntfs if i decided not to have it, i have totally forgot about this, i think i know i cant but am i correct?
February 12th 07 08:39 AM
by Michal Kawecki Go to last post
3 163
ReadyBoost won't work on 2GB Cruzer Micro by Snoz
I just bought the 2GB SanDisk Cruzer Mirco with the intent to use the windows readyboost feature when I plug the device in and I click on the readyboost section of the autoplay and it goes to the ReadyBoost Tab it says that it doesnt have the required performance characteristics for use in speeding up your system. Is there something wrong with my USB drive because the guy at bestbuy said it...
February 12th 07 07:02 AM
by Roy Coorne Go to last post
5 169
Advisory Tool is a Joke!!!! by Scott Micale
Ok so I wanted to install Vista on my home PC so I ran the Advisory tool and it says I should load Home Premium. It scans my system and says my computer will run Vista, but list a few devices that will need to be taken care of. It says I will need to install a CD/DVD burner because my CD rom won't work after the install. Not sure why it is saying that because I have a DVD-Rom in my system now...
February 12th 07 05:20 AM
by Ken Zhao [MSFT] Go to last post
2 132
Inform your Customers by Display, Video Card, Movie Maker
I just upgraded my Laptop to Windows Vista Home Premium, primarly for the Movie Making enhancements in the Vista Version. After installing Vista, and trying load the Movie Maker, I was informed that my video card does not support it. This is very upsetting as the Windows Vista Upgrade advisor indicated that my Laptop was the 'IDEAL' machine for Windows Vista. After doing extensive...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 12th 07 03:39 AM
by Teeravee Sirinapasawasdee Go to last post
15 301
ATI 350/500 and Vista Home Premium by [email protected]
Hello to all. I am one of the lunatics that has gone ahead and installed Vista Home Premium on my PC. One of the issues I have faced - one of the few issues - is that the TV tuner on my ATI 350/500 Video card is not recognized by Vista. I have installed the latest drivers from ATI (1/29/07) with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas? Is anyone else battling this problem?
February 12th 07 02:38 AM
by JW Go to last post
1 143
USB IR reciever doesnt work after standby by Lithium
After my Vista PC comes out of standby mode, the USB IR reciever for my microsoft IR keyboard and mce remote dies. I have to physically unplug and plug it back it for it to work again. Any ideas? Ryan
February 12th 07 02:12 AM
by Mike Luo [MSFT] Go to last post
4 189
BALLMER IS A JEWISH PIG by Christian
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 11th 07 11:12 PM
by Rock Go to last post
10 294
Nvidia Drivers Geforce 6600GT no full screen display support by molitar
Ok anyone know of a driver out there besides the 100.xx beta drivers? Neither of the two beta drivers for Nvidia will enable Secondary Full Screen Video... So I currently can't watch my shows on my Tv :( Marvin
February 11th 07 10:40 PM
by JW Go to last post
6 299
Problem opening Data CDs on CD Rom and DVDRW drives by Eckie
Since installing Windows Vista Home basic, I cannot open Data CDs or install programmes from CD. I can burn and play music CDs with no problem. My drives a JLMS XJ-HD166S & LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-411S. I have looked for update drivers - none available. According to Device Manager the devices are working properly. Also I used the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor before buying Vista and it showed...
February 11th 07 09:29 PM
by Steve Go to last post
2 175
Office 2007 & Vista Home by miketbowls
Hi, I'm unable to load Office Home and Student 2007. I have just installed Vista Home Premium. When I install the disc my computer crashes stating ' a problem has occured etc....' I have left the disc in at start up and trid to access it through 'my computer' but the computer just crashes. Any ideas please. Kind regards, Mike
February 11th 07 09:13 PM
by miketbowls Go to last post
4 227
Firewire drivers by Semper Fi
Is tehre somewhere that I can get drivers for firewire support? I see some post are saying that their firewire is working, albeit slow or hanging, but others i have seen say that Vista does not support firewire. I cant find anywhere to get drivers for firewire. any help would be appreciated.
February 11th 07 08:21 PM
by Mirko Go to last post

From The