Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
LPD service SimulatePassThrough ineffective by jonj
Printing via enscript or lpr from a Putty Unix SSH client to Vista HP 7310 printer. enscript/lpr produces PostScript output which is sent to Vista's LPD service, but what's printed are the PostScript codes instead of the properly formatted document. Q150930 for non-Vista Windows suggested adding SimulatePassThrough=1 to the registry, which I did, but it is apparently ineffective on Vista. I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 4th 07 09:15 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
10 561
Why does my network printer disappear? by DPSR
I am using Windows Vista 32 on my new laptop. I have just purchased an HP Photosmart C6180 all-in-one and successfully installed and printed from it through my home network - but only for a few days at a time! Every few days it disappears from the list in Control PanelPrinters, and also does not appear in the printer choice box in Word. I have reinstalled it by using the supplied CD and also...
December 4th 07 05:05 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 1,783
Missing FAx capability in Vista Premium by thedummy
Sending faxes with my old XP/ HP All in one used to be a cinch. Now that I have a Vista machine, suddenly I can't fax anymore ... HP says that Vista does not provide faxing capabilites. It that correct??? Faxing worked fine in XP - Vista was supposed to be an upgrade; where is my fax capability? I would have never bought Vista had I known it lacks this service! What is the work around,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 4th 07 12:27 AM
by Tom Ponta Go to last post
16 625
Can't get my Canon printer on the network by 5hulses
Just got a HP Laptop with Vista...xp seems to be better so far. My problem is that I have printer sharing checked off & when I try to install my network printer ( which works fine on XP) it is telling me that it can't find it! What am I doing wrong? It seems that Vista doesn't have the icon " Network Setup Wizard" like XP has in the control panel. 1 for XP, 0 for VIsta! TIA
December 3rd 07 02:41 PM
by Daddy Tadpole Go to last post
6 402
Fallo en instalacion HP 3390 All in One printer by Kurrelson
Hola!.. estoy intentado instalar una impresora multifuncion HP 3390 en un Windows Vista Business 32 bits, y siempre termina por fallar la instalación con un error como este: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Launching=X:\hpzwrp01.exe -m dpinstl64xml_vista -l XXX -f X:\hpoins12.dat -Validate No .dat -Validate No = Application did not...
December 3rd 07 01:20 PM
by Kurrelson Go to last post
0 392
Hiddens Vista Tricks !, Tools, Tips, Advices And More ! by Russel Pitt[_3_]
These Hiddens Tools will help you get maximum performance,How Tweak Security Settings in XP and Vista,Using USB keys to improve Vista performance , What are Best of Vista's New Tools ,Networking, and many more at... http://vista-tricks-tips.blogspot.com
December 3rd 07 01:12 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
2 286
HP Printer issue by Mike.ONeal
I have an HP OfficeJet 7310, laptop with Windows Vista Business and am using it over a peer to peer network. It's worked fine until recently when the printer icon has disappeared from the printers folder. The printer is a all-in-one and the HP OfficeJet 7310 series fax printer is still there. It's happened on 2 different computers, both using Windows Vista Business version, 32 bit. Has...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 3rd 07 03:36 AM
by geffklusner Go to last post
10 732
Publisher Print Error: Cannot Load Printer Driver by Dangermouse
Now this is weird. I have upgraded to Vista and had many problems but this is new. I have been successfully using Word and printing from it with no problems. Just now I tried to print a Publisher document and got the Pop Up thingy saying "Cannot Load Printer Driver". I minimized my Publisher document and opened a Word Document to test the printer and it worked fine. It simply wont print a...
December 3rd 07 03:34 AM
by Buddha Go to last post
4 331
System Crashing by smosh
I have installed a Minolta Magicolor 2430DL network printer. After working with Minolta I gave write permission to the temp file in Windows and things started working. Now every once in a while when either I use this computer OR a different computer on the network (other computers ar Win XP), this computer (Dell FX 530) will crash as if someone pulls the power plug. Instantly dead. ...
December 2nd 07 04:12 PM
by smosh Go to last post
0 255
Dell 966 AIO with Vista by Tom Ponta
I recently replaced my old Dell Dimension desktop running XP with a Dell Inspirion running Vista Home Premium. More RAM, Dual Core processor, bigger HDD, etc. The problem I'm having is with my Dell 966 AIO printer. The printer still prints OK, and I can use the scan function with 3rd party software, but the All-in-One Control Center absolutely refuses to function. Once it loads, I get "Not...
December 2nd 07 06:50 AM
by No Name Go to last post
1 337
List for free internet fax service around the world by cyber
List of public free fax service online. Search for free fax service. Provides detail of each free fax service site. http://www.geocities.com/freefreefax/
December 2nd 07 12:31 AM
by cyber Go to last post
0 336
LAN Printer error from Vista by ripinvan
Installed printer via HP2600n CD yet Vista cannot print to it. My WinXP computer can, no problem, and its HP Diagnostic icon accesses it OK. I can ping the printer from the Vista computer. It just won't print - everything sits in the queue. It delivers an 'Unknown error' when I use the HP Diagnostic icon which attempts a webpage reading of the printer's resources. I'm stumped :( -- Rip on the...
December 1st 07 07:10 PM
by ripinvan Go to last post
0 281
Add Network Printer - Cannot Access by Mike G
I'm trying to add a network printer driver to a new Vista Client. I can find the printer driver from the Vista client (using network find) but when I try to install it I get an error message that says, "Cannot Access". I can install the printer on XP clients with no problems. Is this a security problem? I have an SBS Windows 2003 Server for my network.
December 1st 07 02:19 PM
by Mike G Go to last post
0 265
WINDOWS FAX VISTA BUS by JACK ETHRIDGE
-- I can not get the Sender ID to show. I have that colum set but the only ID i get from the sender is their fax # JACK
December 1st 07 12:48 PM
by JACK ETHRIDGE Go to last post
0 271
Slow sppoling/printing by youngjan
I've just loaded the Vista printer drivers for a Canon LBP5200 laser from the Canon site. Printing from all the applications I've tried so far works, but it takes 3-4 minutes to load the status monitor & then start printing. The print speeds are much slower than they were with XP. I'm using Vista Home Basic on an Intel Core2, 2400 MHz with 2408MB RAM. Printer is not networked. Hope someone can...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 1st 07 11:54 AM
by Jorge Go to last post
12 569
Lines not printing. by jet-buraot
I have printer installed in xp pro and shared to the network. Capture the shared printer using Vista. Test Print, works fine. But when I try to print from line graph, even draw lines, text box in MS Word its not printing the line. Can anyone help me solve this issue? Thank you in advance.
December 1st 07 11:32 AM
by jet-buraot Go to last post
0 233
How to Allow Standard users to install network printers by Gilmore, Aran
Does anybody know what the best practice for allowing standard users to install network printers is in Windows Vista?
November 30th 07 09:12 PM
by Gilmore, Aran Go to last post
0 276
Vista ! Hiddens Tips, Tricks, Tools, Advices and More ! by Russel Pitt[_2_]
These Hidden tools will help you get maximum performance, How Tweak Security Settings in XP and Vista, What's Inside Vista ! Using USB keys to improve Vista performance , Networking Vista, Best of Vista's New Tools, and more at ... http://vista-tricks-tips.blogspot.com/
November 30th 07 12:34 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
2 228
Lexmark X8350 and Vista Home Premium 32-bit by rnrdude
My Lexmark X8350 work fine for most functions but when I access the Productivity Suite "Manage Documents" or "Manage Fax History or all-In-One Fax Settings" I get and error message "The program you are trying to run is missing. Please re-install your software." I have installed the latest Lexmark driver cjr8300N but the problem still exists. Any suggestions?
November 30th 07 12:25 PM
by rnrdude Go to last post
3 259
Slow Printer in Vista by siphoto
Lexmark X3350 (All In One). First installed on a Windows XP machine. No problems. Bought a new computer with Vista (yucka) and now I have issues with the printer. When I go to print a Word doc. or anything else for that matter, it (the printer software/driver) tries to acess the internet (firewall tells me so). It never did that in XP. I thought I might have selected to share the...
November 30th 07 08:15 AM
by Dave_R Go to last post

From The