No mouse, no keyboard by Wally Wombat
Hi I have just started up my system after moving so it has been idle for a while. On boot I got a battery fail, checksum, and hard disk error Sounded like classic dead battery. Replaced battery Now no problem with the POST no more error messages,but windows won't start and gives me options from safemode start through to normal... None worked and so I have booted from the CDrom to repair...
August 1st 07 06:58 AM
by Wally Wombat Go to last post
0 112
Accessing a PnP scanner from a second computer by Wally3178
Hi, I have a home network and one of the computers has a scanner attached. I can't find a way to access this scanner from my other computers. Is there a way to 'see' and use this scanner from the other computers, especially my system admin machine? I am using XP with full updates. Thanks in advance,
December 5th 06 05:14 AM
by Jeff Schafer Go to last post
4 176
DVD-CD Drive not working...HELP! by Wallyhockey17
Hello, I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR K17A ATA Device dvd/cd drive that is not working on my Toshiba laptop. When I check out the drives properties through my device settings, the device status reads as below: "This device cannot start. (Code 10) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."
June 5th 08 09:54 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
4 209
CD/DVD-ROM is gone! by Walt
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) thats all i could find out about this missing rom. Im not sure how long its been gone since i havent used my cd's for about 2 months but when i went to insert a cd it did not start and when i went on my computer nothing shows up but my local disk and my other drives. I tried to update...
March 2nd 09 09:26 PM
by NotEvenMe Go to last post
3 169
Video/Sound Card Upgrade Method by Walt
I'm planning to upgrade my Creative Live sound card and ATI Radeon 9600 video cards with a Creative Soundblaster XF sound card and nVidia GeForce 7600 GS video card. My assumption is that I should uninstall as best I can the drivers for the old cards, power down, remove the old cards, install the new cards, power up and install the new drivers when prompted. Any warnings I should think about...
June 4th 07 04:09 AM
by pnolte Go to last post
3 157
Ultra 4 port USB Hub driver issue by Walt
I have an Ultra 4 port USB Hub. Vista seems to find a device driver to install but says it "encountered a problem". Thats as much as I'm told. Anyone know how I can get Vista to correctly recognize and install a USB driver for my device? Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 13th 07 10:56 AM
by freddy Go to last post
27 283
Changeing mouse pointer in VISTA by Walter
Hello, Can you please advise me how I can change the mouse pointer from a clear pointer to a black pointer so it is easier to see in VISTA? regards, Walter
May 5th 08 01:14 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
1 167
Back up by Walter
When my computer runs auto back up it is failing. I get a catastrophic (0x8000FFFF) error message. My recovery d is in red, and showing 602MB free out of 6.25GB. Anyone have a clue? I am not sure how recovery d got so full? The computer runs and I have no other problems. Thank You
February 22nd 08 03:38 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 124
Write protect problem by Walter Blanchard
I have an ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe motherboard with an external eSATA port on the back panel. The port is connected to a JMicron JMB36x controller enabled on the motherboard in default IDE mode. OS is Vista Ultimate x64. I have a Western Digital MyBook Premium ES Edition 500GB external drive which has both USB and eSATA connectors. When I connect the drive using USB, all is well. Everything...
March 11th 07 06:49 PM
by Walter Blanchard Go to last post
0 147
HDHomeRun Networked HDTV Digital Dual TV Tuner by Walter Blanchard
Does anyone have experience with the HDHomeRun Networked HDTV Digital DUAL TV Tuner manufactured by Silicon Dust? -- _____________________________________ Walter B waltblanchtampabayrrcom _____________________________________
February 16th 08 04:08 PM
by Walter Blanchard Go to last post
0 124
Vista can't access XP printers by Walter Blanchard
I have a friend with a home network. He has XP MCE 2005 on 2 machines and Vista (Ultimate on one, Premium on another) on 2 machines. Same workgroup Vista can see and share folders on XP XP can see and share folders on Vista Simple sharing off on XP Printer sharing Security allows full control to Everyone on XP Printers are USB Canon on both XP machines.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 3rd 07 12:51 PM
by Walter Blanchard Go to last post
12 303
Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 by Walter Blanchard [WalterB]
Has anyone been able to the the Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 installed on Vista x64? -- ______________________________ Walter B walterbtampabayrrcom ______________________________
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 31st 07 02:09 PM
by TWild Go to last post
16 332
Event Viewer: ACPI error....need help please by Walter Cohen
I have a clean Vista Home Pro install on a new Biostar TForce 6100-939 mobo. I cannot get ACPI and hibernate/sleep to work as far as waking the system up using either keyboard or mouse...but that's another problem. Ever since I installed Vista last week I daily get at least 5 ACPI error events and I could use some help in diagnosing the error. Maybe this might even be related as to why I...
March 4th 07 01:29 PM
by George Go to last post
8 304
HP Pavillion a1632x by walter deodiaus
I have a HP Pavillion a1632x which came with XP, but was advertised to be upgradeable to Vista. Later on, this option was not supported. This falls on false advertising! Doesn't HP have trial drivers? I called HP, but they don't seem to support Vista for this machine. Last week, I was infected by a virus and was unable to recover my XP OS. I received a copy of Vista at a trade show, and...
February 15th 10 07:07 AM
by walter deodiaus Go to last post
0 274
HP Pavillion a1632x by walter deodiaus
I have a HP Pavillion a1632x which came with XP, but was advertised to be upgradeable to Vista. Later on, this option was not supported. This falls on false advertising! Doesn't HP have trial drivers? I called HP, but they don't seem to support Vista for this machine. Last week, I was infected by a virus and was unable to recover my XP OS. I received a copy of Vista at a trade show, and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 25th 10 05:23 AM
by NZSchoolTech[_2_] Go to last post
48 1,965
hard drive data retrieval by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_]
I crashed my computer and had to buy a new one. All my email contacts are on the old computers hard drive which I kept. How do I go about retrieving my contact information off of my old hard drive? Walt
January 7th 10 08:46 AM
by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_] Go to last post
0 216
Ide Hard Drive Data Recovery by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_]
I have an Ide internal hard drive I replaced in my computer and I need one of those devices that you plug the drive into and then plug a USB into your computer so you can access the data on the old drive. What is that device called. Walt
May 15th 10 04:59 AM
by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_] Go to last post
7 1,318
multi port USB hubs question by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_]
I recently received a multi port USB hub and plugged it into my laptop. It seemed like a good idea as I only had 2 USB ports on my computer. This gave me 4 where before I only had 1 which made a total of 5. I plugged a new external DVD burning drive into one of the multi ports ports. The drive used 2 ports, 1 for drive and 1 for drives power. I also plugged 2 external hard drives into the...
December 3rd 09 06:50 PM
by smlunatick Go to last post
8 240
DVD Burner Drive problem by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_]
My external DVD burning drive was working fine the other day as a matter of fact I had burned 3 DVD's but when I tried to burn the 4th one my computer still detected the burning drive but my burning program (ImgBurn) didn't detect the DVD media. Does this sound like maybe the laser went bad in the drive. -- Walt
November 22nd 09 11:24 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
8 258
Ide Hard Drive Data Recovery by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_]
I have an Ide internal hard drive I replaced in my computer and I need one of those devices that you plug the drive into and then plug a USB into your computer so you can access the data on the old drive. What is that device called. Walt
May 3rd 10 07:45 AM
by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_] Go to last post

From The