Vista Desktop Too Large for my LCD TV by Petergut
Yes solved my problem thanks, I got the latest ATI (not NVIDIA) drivers and was able to set screen size to 1152 x 864, perfect fit, thanks. "JW" wrote: I don't think he is since it would not work at all. I think he is referring to the release level of the NVIDIA DVD Decoder that he has running instead of the built into Vista DVD Decoder. "Richard Urban"...
September 21st 06 10:56 PM
by Halley73 Go to last post
1 177
Conflicts?? by Crazy Rev
Hello. Suddenly I am having conflict problems. I have checked in the Device Manager for exclamation marks and other indicators. In checking the "Non-plug & Play drivers," I see the message: "spldr" problem. I do not know what this means or to what it refers. I appreciate any help. thanks.
September 21st 06 07:56 PM
by Crazy Rev Go to last post
0 200
K8N800 by Max
Hi, anybody knows if via K8N800 graphic adapter support Aero Glass? I've installed Vista, but probably because of the driver, Aero is not enabled, and Direct 3d appared to be not supported. I appreciate your help Thank you! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
September 21st 06 06:27 PM
by Max Go to last post
0 329
K8N800 by Max
Hi, anybody knows if via K8N800 graphic adapter support Aero Glass? I've installed Vista, but probably because of the driver, Aero is not enabled, and Direct 3d appared to be not supported. I appreciate your help Thank you! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
September 21st 06 06:26 PM
by Max Go to last post
0 323
Recognizing the Full capacity of 300GB HDD in Vista by Crazyjimmy123
Recently I purchased a 300GB ATA/100 internal hard drive, but when I installed the drive, the Vista only recognized 137GB of it, what can I do to get my full capacity of my hard drive? Does Windows Vista RC1 support 48-bit logical block addressing?
September 21st 06 05:41 PM
by Crazyjimmy123 Go to last post
0 167
Vista and PPC6700 issues with no Active Sync by J Petta
I know that AS is now not recognized by Vista and that I can sync Files and Media. However how do I install programs that run from the PC and require AS to install. Also how do I sync Outlook data without AS, Contacts, Calender, Notes, ect...
September 21st 06 05:22 PM
by Chris S Go to last post
2 181
RC1 Review (almost 2 weeks later) by Warren
Using a Compaq Presario V4240US... 1. Somewhat funny but trying to make a copy of the RC1 DVD I had burned almost two weeks ago was a hassle! DVD Copy just wasn't having it! I downloaded the ISO and only made one copy, the ISO got lost when I did a clean install and since the liscense is for 10 computers I am subjecting a friends computer to the Beta also... so he gets his own DVD in case...
September 21st 06 03:49 PM
by Warren Go to last post
1 151
Dell Inspiron 5150 Wireless 1350 Adapter issue by Martin Leblanc
I have a linksys router with a Dell 1350 Wireless G adapter ... When I transfer a lot or when I transfer big files on the network the adapter disconnect from network and after about 2 minutes it connect back ... and disconnect after ... I had this issue with windows XP with the latest Dell driver (had to downgrade to an old version of the driver to fix) but now in Vista RC1 the problem is...
September 21st 06 01:39 PM
by Martin Leblanc Go to last post
0 176
Both my CD-ROMs stopped working, many "Event 11, cdrom" errors in by kbmyers
I'm running Vista RC1 build 5600. Had the system running fairly well. Tried to install some CD-ROM software, after that both of my DVD writers wouldn't work. Systems sees them, but can't access any disks. If I boot the system with a disk in the drive I get a BSOD. Had a similar problem once on XP so I followed the advise below to remove both the "upperfilters" and "lowerfilters" registry...
September 21st 06 07:51 AM
by Ron Rector Go to last post
2 186
ATI by Jane C
NVidia is causing the same amount of problems ;) -- Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :) Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation :-) "Biggdave" wrote in message ... Is it me or are only ATI people having problems with their video drivers? Because Vista can't figure out how to use my card, most things...
September 21st 06 04:28 AM
by Biggdave Go to last post
9 411
Sigmatel on Dell Latitude (Headphone issues) by Jarvis
I have seen lots of posts in these forums about issues related to the headphone jack not working on various computers. Several posters relay success in using the XP Sigmatel drivers inside Vista. Most of these appear to have the High Definition version of the Sigmatel sound card. In my Latitude D810, it is the regular C-Major Audio card. Using the XP drivers for this card (the R99254.exe...
September 21st 06 03:21 AM
by Jarvis Go to last post
0 205
Need 56k Phone Modem by Dually Man
I have Vista beta build 5384 and i am looking for a dial up modem that will work with Vista.
September 21st 06 02:18 AM
by H# Go to last post
3 374
Need Dial Up Phone Modem by Dually Man
I am using Visa Beta Build, and I am looking for a dial up modem that will work with Vista.
September 21st 06 02:16 AM
by H# Go to last post
2 388
ATI XPRESS 200M - Settings window keeps popping up by achristo
Hi, Running RC1 on an HP DV5000 series notebook. I have the 'settings' window for the display popping up on a semi-random basis. However, it pops up everytime I reboot the notebook. Anybody have a clue why? Fix? Thanks, Alan
September 21st 06 01:31 AM
by achristo Go to last post
0 244
Ice Data 500 Drivers by Fernando
Hi... I realy need help... I love the new windows release but i cant connect to internet... because i need the drivers compatiblies to the modem ICE DATA 500. I have made a lot of search... but no luck... i dont encounter the drivers for that modem. The modem is a USB dsl modem. If somebody can tell me a solution i apreciate. Thanks.
September 21st 06 01:17 AM
by Fernando Go to last post
0 201
RC1 Install shows floppy drive as B: by KeithG1
After installing RC1, my floppy drive shows up as drive letter B: Could this be a motherboard/BIOS issue or is it Vista? If anyone else has experienced this issue with Vista builds, please let me know what I should do to correct the drive letter so it shows up as A: Thanks, KeithG1
September 20th 06 08:58 PM
by PaulB Go to last post
8 215
A7N8X-XE and SATA SIL 0680 Medley driver by ajmind
On the website http://www.siliconimage.com/support/supportsearchresults.aspx?pid=31&cid=3&ctid=2&osid=4& you can find a driver for vista beta2. Unfortunately they do not work for the embedded sil 0680 chip with RC1. Please drop a line if you were successful!
September 20th 06 08:47 PM
by ajmind Go to last post
0 213
Intellipoint and Intellitype on RC1? by Edric
Hi I have installed my CPP RC1 and still don't have my MS Laser Mouse and MS Media Pro keyboard recognized as such, no buttons/functions operational. Any news about it? Thanks Edric
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 20th 06 07:58 PM
by Donald L McDaniel Go to last post
11 644
Radeon display driver by Shon
I have installed this driver with vista rc1 and my resolution of 1600x1200 ha returned using a hp zx5000 use the first driver. you need to uninstall all ati programs before installing. after installing these drivers uninstall your card from device manager recheck for new hardware and then add drivers manually. take note of where these omega drivers installed as you have to point to omega...
September 20th 06 04:50 PM
by Shon Go to last post
0 237
Radeon display driver by Shon
I have installed this driver with vista rc1 and my resolution of 1600x1200 ha returned using a hp zx5000 use the first driver. you need to uninstall all ati programs before installing. after installing these drivers uninstall your card from device manager recheck for new hardware and then add drivers manually. take note of where these omega drivers installed as you have to point to omega...
September 20th 06 04:49 PM
by Shon Go to last post

From The