Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Installation of Vista SP1 on two partitions by Mazzaroc
HI I have to create a DVD of Vista SP1 in which all the user profiles should be in partition D. Thus, the body of my autounattend.xml file should be: DiskConfiguration WillShowUIOnError/WillShowUI Disk wcm:action="add"
April 21st 09 08:17 AM
by Mazzaroc Go to last post
0 254
gpedit.msc missing in Vista Home Premium by Steve T[_3_]
I did a fresh install of 32-bit Vista Home Premium. This time around for whatever reason, there is no gpedit.msc. I searched the forums and tutorials and didn't find what I'm looking for, I want to add locations to the Save In Sidebar. I did this on my last image just fine. I looked for the registry entry based on a link I found in a forum which goes to Ramesh's site. I was unable to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 21st 09 02:01 AM
by Manny Weisbord Go to last post
15 750
vista X64 32 bit ultimate chinese launguage not working by x64vista
hi i installed chinese launguage on my vista ultimate and i put in regional and launguage options formats and in admistrative system locale, to chinese and when i restart it sayes windows is missing a file and reboot insert windows cd and click launguage options and repair but when i do that there is no launguage options so i restart again and in the boot startup loaded windows with last knowen...
April 20th 09 11:11 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
4 346
Displaying license key of Vista SP1 by Mazzaroc
HI Is there a command or a script in which the output is displayed only the license key, unencrypted, of Vista SP1 to include it in a variable? THANKS BYE
April 20th 09 05:26 PM
by Brink Go to last post
4 422
Constant Restart on Installation by JayEmGray
I partitioned a 20Gb section of my hard drive and started installing Vista as a new installation in that area. The installation did its first restart then got about 20 seconds into the boot up, where the green heartbeat bar ripples at the bottom of the screen, then restarted. This has quickly become a loop I cannot get out of. Essentially, I have two issues to contend with here. How to get...
April 20th 09 04:43 PM
by JayEmGray Go to last post
3 252
XP & Vista Installation by Bus Driver
HI all Currently have XP Pro installed on my SATA C drive I want top use partition Magic to shrink this down to about 100 GB and leave me about 50 GB for Vista. 1. My question is when i have resized the drive and made a new partition it asks me if i want it to be a Logical Partition or a Primary Partition which one do i chose? Also it then will be drive "J" as I have 2 more drives plus a...
April 20th 09 02:46 AM
by Andy Go to last post
3 365
Upgrade to Vista x64 from XP x32 by DavidBonsall
Hello, I have recently purchased Vista 64bit via digital rivers "Ultimate Steal". I checked through Windows update advisor that it was possible to run this on my machine and it said that it would be (I am running XP pro x32 on an X58i motherboard with i7-920 processor and 6GB ram). As instructed I have downloaded the three files onto my computer (X14-63453.exe, bootwim, bootmgr.efi) and...
April 19th 09 09:39 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
5 381
Vista service pack 1 by Richard L.
I installed Vista Service Pack 1 on my laptop but after doing so it will not boot up. It just says that a repair is necessary but doesn't allow me to do anything which renders the whole thing useless. Advice would be most welcome.
April 19th 09 09:00 PM
by semoi Go to last post
1 252
Can't Load Vista Disc For Repair Options by rgranada
I am definitely going to need help with this one. Hopefully someone knows the answer to my predicament. I have the Home Premium edition and recently I received the following error: File: \Windows\System32\ntkrnlpa.exe Status: 0xc0000001 Info: Windows Failed To Load Because The Kernel Is Missing, Or Corrupt
April 19th 09 04:08 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
7 394
Anytime Upgrade Home Premium 64 to Ultimate 64? by frankvfox
Is there an upgrade from Home Premium 64 to Ultimate 64? If so, would it be available through an MSDN download? I'm trying to get my new HP dv7 laptop set up to join my home office domain so I can transfer files, etc. Home Premium won't allow domain membership! My son-in-law (network engineer) told me I need Ultimate for that. I don't really want to do a new install from scratch and have to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 19th 09 03:14 PM
by Ian D Go to last post
22 790
trying to install XP over vista, only getting half the hardrive space? by oli24
hi there, i was wondering if anyone could help. i am trying to install XP over vista but when i go to install on the partition(that was formatted) it is half the size it should be. can anyone help? -- oli24
April 19th 09 10:35 AM
by Masudkarim Go to last post
2 372
hiberfil.sys by Steve T[_3_]
I know there's a way to turn off hibernate and stop this file from being created. I did a new install and now can't figure it out. I already have my power plan, advanced, sleep, never on all sleep options. I tried to manually delete the file and it won't let me. I don't think I had this problem before and don't know what's different this time around. I have admin privileges. There have...
April 19th 09 04:34 AM
by Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP Go to last post
4 377
Vista Canot find Hard Drive by hnatesa
My System Spec:- 1) AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600 2) GIGABYTE GA-MA780G-UD3H 3) 4GB Memory DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) 4) Western Digital Caviar SE WD3200AAJS 320GB Hard Drive 5) Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit for System Builders - OEM I have Update Bios
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 19th 09 03:51 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
11 564
Deleting the Administrator profile and all Juntion Points by Mazzaroc
HI I noticed that, deleting all profiles of users and running, again from the Administrator, the commands net user administrator /active:no and C:\ Windows\System32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe /shutdown / quiet, the Administrator account and all Junction Points are not erased. So how do I delete these "objects" in order to capture, through the ImageX utility placed in the Windows PE...
April 18th 09 05:24 PM
by Mazzaroc Go to last post
0 267
Problem with hardware need help by SaNga
Msi K9N2 750a sli 9850 phenom BE OCZ 4gb (2x2) 9800gtx sli Western digital 500gig Thermaltake 850watt I built this set up back in march when i first got it i was trying to install vista 64 ultimate with 8gig and vista kept on corrupting, so i
April 18th 09 05:15 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
3 349
How can you load Vista using the XP bootloader (boot.ini)? by Norsak
There is a reason I'm doing things in this peculiar way, bear with me and tell if you know the answer, please tell. The test system has one harddrive with 2 primary partitons: - FAT 100MB - NTFS 100GB The 1. partition has DOS installed, and uses the old XP bootloader The 2. partition has Vista Business 32bit installed, with the new Vista Bootloader.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 17th 09 09:41 PM
by andy Go to last post
15 545
need help installing vista ultimate by ljt3759
i have linux ubuntu 8.10 and im changing to vista when i boot from dvd and get to choose partition part i click format drive and it sais error 0x8004005 partition needs to be NTFS how do i make this partition NTFS and format it so i can have vista? --
April 17th 09 04:15 PM
by Gary G. Little Go to last post
6 290
Only Have O/S License by Peterson Skilz
I bought a computer with a hard drive that had been completely cleared and i dont have the installation DVD but i do have a legitimate os license code. How should i go about installing vista? -- Peterson Skilz
April 17th 09 01:07 AM
by Dustin Harper[_2_] Go to last post
9 342
Vista Activation key already used by Thomas Jespersen[_2_]
Hi, I got a problem with a reinstall of Vista 64 Home Premium. A few days ago I tried to manually force activation of Vista, and I was told the key was already in use. I thought it was due to recently reinstalling it so I just let it go. Today it tried to automatically activate and it failed. The error is the same that the key is already being used. 1. I have no other PC's with Vista on. 2....
April 17th 09 01:05 AM
by Dustin Harper[_2_] Go to last post
5 483
Xp to Vista connectivity by Chip Shapiro[_3_]
Machine 1 - XP Professional SP2 Machine 2 - Vista Home Premium. I am trying to install a printer on machine 2 from machine 1. The printer is shared. Same workgroup The same logon information on both machines, user and password the same. When I log onto machine 1 it won't let me print. It tells me I don't have access or the print spooler is not running.. If I go to network places on machine 1...
April 17th 09 12:39 AM
by Danny Krychek Go to last post

From The