Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Please help! Multi-boot option not working anymore by q5485
Hi I had successfully installed win xp pro on my pre-installed vista home computer. When I used to boot up, I had the option of selecting one of those 2 OS. I begun having problems with xp pro so I "repaired" it using my xp pro cd. Now, I can't boot into either OS. Please help. I have tinkered with the MBR, FIXMBR, FIXBOOt commands but can't get anything to work. All I get when I boot up is the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 15th 09 01:55 AM
by SIW2 Go to last post
10 776
help! why cannot remote connect XP laptop to Vista Home PC? by LunaMoon
I knew Vista Home does not allow remote desktop connection to it. I followed some online hack and install some Terminal Service hack file. It worked when my laptop Windows XP sits close to the Vista HOME PC, when the laptop is using wireless and the Vista is using Internet LAN connection. I made sure my Kaspasky Internet Security Firewall is open for RDP port. But the moment when I move out of my...
May 14th 09 04:17 PM
by Bill Kearney Go to last post
6 621
Multiboot Win7, uninstall later? by DesoShade
Ok here's the thing. I already have my computer set up to multiboot XP and Vista. I've decided to try out Windows 7. What I have planned to do, is just pop in another hard drive, formatt it, and install windows 7 onto it, leaving my system a multiboot of WinXP, Vista and 7. Now since Win7 is just a beta, I'll not want to leave it on my system when a new RC comes out, it expires, or I...
May 13th 09 11:34 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
8 435
Unable to install vista on 80gb samsung hdd by victor0215
Hi, I have sahara computer and unable to install vista or xp on system , to reinstall os it takes more an hr and also while formating it give error mess like files are misiing and after format it gives the error mess NTLDR misiing or corrupt , also tired to debug and try os nogo , Please help
May 13th 09 07:13 PM
by organyx[_2_] Go to last post
9 427
Block DiskConfiguration of Vista SP1 64 bit not works rightly by Mazzaroc
HI I can not understand why the block DiskConfiguration / DiskConfiguration, placed in the autounattend.xml file located in the root directory of the DVD of Vista SP1 64-bit, is executed AFTER the display of the window of the partitions of the hard disk. So, what is the trick to make sure that this block is executed BEFORE viewing this window?
May 13th 09 06:00 PM
by Mazzaroc Go to last post
0 248
after fresh install, screen Gone blank? what to do? by Atwork
Got a dell inspron 1525, Vista had a fit so reformated and started fresh now screen gone blank? what the .... what to do?, does anyone know! please help... i'll be ya best friend ;)
May 13th 09 05:39 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
4 331
*Spent Entire Sunday* on this, (User Account Control)-please help :( by xxsassxx31
Hi everyone, I will try to be as brief as possible with this but I want to make sure I explain all the details as I am stuck and not knowing what to do at about 8 PM when tomorrow is a workday :(. Anyways... Windows Platform: 32xVista, Comp: HP 6700 ; To start off, I was an idiot and was installing some program a friend had given to me and it required "New SID" from Microsoft and I did brief...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 13th 09 01:25 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
33 1,075
Lost "Repair My Computer" Option in F8 Boot Advanced Startup Options Menu by ThunderStorm
Hello Guys I have a one month old Toshiba Satellite. It turned out that a Service or Startup kept making my system "Hang" at my Vista Welcome Screen or I was only able to get to the desktop before it would freeze and the wheel kept spinning, and a stupid Toshiba rep never gave me this option to stop service or disable programs until I did it myself! Anyway I fixed it by going to MSCONFIG and...
May 13th 09 12:07 PM
by Agile Consulting Go to last post
3 381
Overwriting Vista Home Premium with XP Pro by Wendy
Hi, I have just purchased a brand new laptop that came with Vista Home Premium pre-installed (but has recovery disk) - I want to install XP Pro instead as Vista is not compatable with the programs I wish to run. I have booted from my XP install disk and it goes through set-up quite happily until it gets to starting Windows..... I gives me the normal options i.e. return to format current...
May 12th 09 06:26 PM
by andy Go to last post
7 461
F8 Key Repair Your Computer by Andy
I bought my ASE380-E system in May with Windows Ultimate pre-installed. Because of a bad HDD that has been replaced I need to rebuild the entire system from the restore DVD. This has been done, but I’ve got a problem: The F8 key at boot time gives you access to “Repair your computer,” which should provide a choice of repair actions. In my case it just boots up normally. What is the...
May 12th 09 04:57 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
9 245
"Folder Settings" sub-folder on every folder by haba713
My friend has a 32-bit Windows Vista Ultimate with sub-folder called "Folder Settings" on every folder. Have any got idea, how to fix the issue?
May 12th 09 04:52 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 271
Technet Plus Downloads - Slow to Post Vista Ultimate w/SP2 Slipstreamed DVD ISO by Peter
Considering there have been some (doubtful..?) images available on various torrents for weeks now, I'm wondering why so slow in posting the full Vista Ultimate with SP2 slipstreamed DVD .iso on Technet Plus? -- Peter Toronto, Canada
May 12th 09 12:16 AM
by Joe Morris Go to last post
4 288
reinstallation of vista home premium by vijaya23183
I bought HP Laptop 9 months back, which came with vista home premium with it. now it is running very slowly. So i want to format and reinstall the vista home premium. My Question is do I need to get the activation key for the reinstall also(i have product key of the previous installation)? is it legal to reinstall home premium with the product key that i have? --
May 11th 09 11:30 AM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
5 285
block DiskConfiguration of Vista SP1 64 bit by Mazzaroc
HI Having to do a custom installation of Vista SP1 64-bit, putting the autounattend.xml file in the root of the DVD, I noticed that: The erasing of hard-disk and the creation of two primary partitions occur after pressing the Next button of the partitions window creating also problems during the next phase of installation of Vista SP1 64- bit.
May 11th 09 11:03 AM
by Mazzaroc Go to last post
0 284
Vista - User Profile was not loaded correctly by concork
Bought a brand new Dell Dimension 9200 a few days ago. Everytime I start the computer I get the following message "User profile was not loaded correctly. You have been logged on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off. Please see the event log for details or contact your administrator" Today I spent two hours on the phone with a Dell support...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 11th 09 08:30 AM
by jahid420[_2_] Go to last post
15 700
Windows 7 Profile Question by JakBob
I know this is a Vista forum, but I do not see any Windows 7 forums. My apologies for posting this here. Perhaps someone can help with this: This has carried through a number of recent builds of Win7 and now is in the RC, 7100 build. Not sure if this is a change in functionality or a bug. If you want to copy the profile of a local user, you can login to the PC (Vista and earlier) as the...
May 10th 09 08:35 PM
by JakBob Go to last post
5 354
Convert Win Vista to WinXP by Penjamo
I have windows vista running on my pc at the moment. I was wondering if there is a way to install windows xp and keeping all of my software and settings that I have on my windows vista profile? I don't want to format and install windows xp and re-install all of the software that I have already install. Any information or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
May 10th 09 04:51 PM
by pupick Go to last post
4 294
winload.exe problem (more severe than most) by pontypool
I got the error a lot of people got that says windows has failed to start because winload was missing or corrupt. however If I try to run the repair disc while its loading files it freezes then gives me a blue screen. I have tried this several times over with no success. I have tried the same hard drive on a different computer and that renders that computer unbootable too (but without winloader...
May 9th 09 03:57 PM
by pontypool Go to last post
5 386
Vista Home Premium 32 bit OEM Anytime Upgrade to 64 bit by Ntelguy
Ok, I've been researching this and have found alot of convoluted answers but none that really answers the question. I have an OEM Vista Home Premium DVD. The disk says it includes anytime upgrade but it also says it only contains 32 bit software. If I want to upgrade (By upgrade I mean clean install to 64 bit but using anytime upgrade to do it) do I need to purchase the 64 bit anytime...
May 9th 09 01:06 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
4 263
Can't Install 64-bit by jar00n
I just bought and built my new computer, installing Vista Ultimate on it. The processor is a q9550 and judging from the '64-bit architecture' i assumed it was 64bit compatible. everytime i try to install vista i get a 32bit installation. this computer has 8gigs of ram, only recognizing 3.52gb. any thoughts? i'm about 18 installations in atm, getting quite frustrated. -- jar00n
May 9th 09 12:26 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP Go to last post

From The