Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
multiple vista boot menu?? by drdroopy
Hello all, I have two vistas installed on my computer on HD1 i have vista ultimate 32 bit, and on HD2 i have vista home 64 bit. I was wondering how i can make a boot menu to choose what one to boot to. I also noticed that when i installed my 64-bit (most recent one installed) it changed my drive letters and the only way to boot do the other drive is to change bios settings, any input would be...
October 7th 08 10:07 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 300
Uninstalling Windows Vista by Jimmy
I recently bought and installed Windows Vista Home Premium for my IBM laptop but I have decided that I want to have Business on it instead. Is there a way to uninstall the Home Premium on the IBM laptop and use that for another computer? Thank you for any information you can provide.
October 7th 08 09:01 AM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
9 373
Installation by melvin2008[_7_]
An installation program or installer is a computer program that installs files, as applications, drivers, other software, onto a computer. Some installers are specifically made to install the files they contain other installers are general purpose and work by reading the contents of the software package to be installed. __________________________________ 'Carhartt Work Jackets'...
October 7th 08 08:07 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 310
Vista Ultimate doesn't install a cab file by Bill Nguyen[_2_]
I need to install an activex (.cab) file) to my Vista Ultimate. It kept asking for installation, acted as if it was installing the file tbut hen came back and asked for installation permission again. By the way, the file name is MBFWebbehaviors.cab from Miscrosoft itself! Your help is greatly appreciated. Bill
October 7th 08 12:32 AM
by philo Go to last post
3 321
Vista product keys guarantee by kiseki_o_o
Hi. I have some OEM Vista Business DVDs which I haven't used at all, only the seal opened so that the product key is visible. The thing is, when I'm about to sell these, noone would believe if the DVDs & Product keys are still unused, just because the seal has been removed from the boxes and the keys are visible. I couldn't think of any way to prove that they keys are still new and unused.. Is...
October 6th 08 09:31 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
2 284
Does "reinstall" require reinstall of all application software by mikiehahn
If I do a "reinstall" of Vista OS, will I then need to reinstall all the applications, programs and games on my system? Thanks. -- mikiehahn
October 6th 08 05:54 PM
by Vangellis Go to last post
3 318
Vista going into sleep mode by The Dog Breeders List
If I leave the computer alone for around 5 minutes it goes into a sleep mode. Moving the mouse brings up my password screen. Entering the pw brings me back to where I left off. I have the sleep mode set to never shut down the computer when plugged in, and 1 hour on battery. Turn off display is set to 20 minutes for both plugged in and on battery. Thanks for your help. Bob
October 6th 08 04:12 PM
by The Dog Breeders List Go to last post
0 266
Keeping Vista and XP "invisble" to each other by 2pods[_2_]
Hi, Is there a way of installing XP on it's own drive on my Vista machine but without each OS seeing the other, to save drive letters, accidental trashing etc ? TIA, Peter
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 6th 08 03:24 PM
by 2pods[_2_] Go to last post
15 493
Can't install additional features in Windows Vista by Roland
Hi, when I try to Install e.g. TFTP-Client from additional features. the process hangs for about 30 minutes an d then comes up with an error (An error occured. Not all functions could be changed). This only happens after I installed all critical updates. On a freshly recovered machine I can install additional features. In the Event Log I get hundreds of ID 4375 errors.
October 6th 08 02:33 PM
by Roland Go to last post
0 222
User File lost when upgrading to Vista Enterprise from Vista Busin by Frank
Dear fellows, Our company upgraded the operating system from Vista Business to Vista Enterprise, during the installation process, no update can be selected, so I select new installation, but all the previous files such as user profile (the docunments, desktop files) are missing! As those files are very important, and I searched for many solution, I found out that my harddrive doesn't had...
October 6th 08 11:59 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 335
Reinstall of Vista Upgrade? by dnelms
I've got multiple errors popping up in vista media center and thus to my extenders on the tv's. After reading multiple posts, it seems alot have fixed this by reinstalling Vista? So here is my problem, I upgraded XP Pro to Vista Home Premium. From posts on these newsgroups it seems that I will have problems trying to reinstall this since it was an upgrade. I've got everything important...
October 6th 08 04:00 AM
by SIW2 Go to last post
5 321
How to upgrade vista home premium 32 to 64 bit by [Dooper]
Hi, I currently have an HP pc with vista home premium 32 bit i got it 5 months ago.. I want to upgrade to vista home premium 64 bit but I go not know where to start... thanks for help.
October 6th 08 01:04 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
4 265
Failed 2003 Setup by Rolfe Spiegel
Hello, I have a working copy of Vista. I tried to install Windows2003 Server on top of Vista, but failed when I didn't have the a 2003 driver for my storage controller. Now, when I boot the computer, I get the "Windows Boot Manager" screen with two options, "Microsoft Windows Vista" and "Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition Setup". The option for 2003 Setup is the default, with a...
October 5th 08 08:49 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
1 237
Activation Count by Alex
Hello, Friday night ( 11:12 PM ) i installed my Genuine OS ( Windows Vista Home Premium x64 ). I decided to activate it only Monday ( morning ). So... In "System Properties" now ( Sunday, 08:48 PM ) in "Windows Activation" i am announced that Windows will activate automatic in 1 day. Why in 1 day if the count was started at 11:12 PM ( Friday ) ??? How is counting Windows this days? From HH:MM...
October 5th 08 08:04 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
3 303
Which OS to use? ... by EmHe
Hello guys! First of all, I'm new here on this forum so '-Hi'- to everyone! You maybe hear this question every single day. Next month I'm buying a new computer: *(Intel Quad Q9550, 4gb ram and HD4870 X2.)* The computer will be used for: -GAMING (CS:S, CRYSIS, COD4) -VIDEO EDITING (ADOBE, SONY VEGAS, ...)
October 5th 08 02:13 PM
by EmHe Go to last post
9 305
Installing Vista and error free updates by Vangellis
For those who experience problems with updates for vista, there is only one sure way of overcoming this without all the hassle. 1- delete the main partition, then create a partition, then reformat the drive, usually C:\ 2 - Install Vista 3- DO NOT install anything at all, no firewall or antivirus, just let windows firewall and windows defender take care of things for now. 4- Update vista,...
October 5th 08 01:27 PM
by Vangellis Go to last post
0 249
Questions regarding "upgrading" from 32bit to 64bit Vista by Adorialea
I recently bought a new computer from NewEgg, and purchased Vista Home Premium. I didn't realize the 64bit software only came with Vista ULTIMATE, so I ordered the disc through Microsoft and I'm patiently awaiting it's arrival. In the mean time, my computer is sitting relatively unused until I get the disc, and I've plenty of time to stress about the upgrade. I have a couple questions regarding...
October 5th 08 12:56 PM
by Brink Go to last post
3 250
'Run as administrator' option by Jack
Hello, Why Vista offers me 'Run as Administrator' option when I am already the administrator. What is a difference? Jack
October 5th 08 02:48 AM
by Jack Go to last post
2 279
Windows Vista Installation by melvin2008[_2_]
Windows vista contains many changes and new features an updated graphical user interface and visual style dubbed windows aero, improved searching features, new multimedia creation tools such as windows dvd maker, and redesigned networking, audio, print, and display sub systems. _____________________________________ 'Carhartt Work Jackets'...
October 5th 08 01:12 AM
by Hobo Go to last post
4 346
Installation BSOD STOP 0x0000005c by PeteVfi
Hi! For info, I just got this 5c error on a fresh Vista Home Premium installation on a Gigabyte GA-8SIMLNF rev. 1.2 P4 mobo. After checking on the net, there seemed to be several referrals to correct this problem by BIOS update. But, as I didn't find any update for this particular mobo type I begun to check some other reasons, and quite soon noted the memory modules were impaired, other 266MHz...
October 4th 08 07:33 PM
by pooch Go to last post

From The