Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
HP 7410xi "Printer not activated" error code -20 by Dee
I've had problems with my HP 7410xi being recognized by my computer for weeks. I've sent emails to Microsoft with no response and HP told me to contact Microsoft because it is an IE-7 issue. I completed a defrag and immediatedly started having problems. At first, I had problems with any kind of update installing. The Microsoft Windows updates would download, but would never install. The...
November 16th 07 07:48 PM
by jsvarga88 Go to last post
2 285
Saving an American Greetings Create & Print card in Vista Ultimate by PA Bear
Forwarded to Vista Print_Fax_Scan newsgroup via crosspost. OP posts from the web interface. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User) AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net DTS-L http://dts-l.org/ Ann wrote:
November 16th 07 07:42 PM
by PA Bear Go to last post
0 265
Cannot print with UAC enabled by lofty
Printer : Konica/Minalta 2530DL Vista 32 drivers USB conneted to computer. OS: Vista Home Premium 32 bit UAC enabled, log on with Amin privileges. All Vista updates installed as of this post. Problem: Pinter drivers succesfully installed but test print will not print, job just sits saying "printing". Can print "Test" from printer properties page if I seclect "run as administrator". If I try...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 16th 07 07:24 PM
by lofty Go to last post
11 591
Finding My Computer by jolley noonan
I can't set up my HP printer till I can locate My Printer. Looked everywhere-not under programs. Please help. I' m using windows vista. -- Jolley Noonan
November 16th 07 02:02 PM
by Dave Go to last post
2 260
Vista Business fax issues by tricky300
Hi, Thanks to anyone who can help. Scan and Fax seems to be severley messed up on my PC. I am running Vista Business as a standalone PC. I tried to use fax for the first time today and came up against several 'brick walls'. I could not send because the system gave me some message about RPC (unfortunately I cannot remember the full message and cannot reproduce now).
November 16th 07 10:38 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
5 354
HP 3050 Scan-the windows fax & scan doesn't have legal size select by JNovice
I connected my All-in-one HP Laserject and Vista recognized it so I thought I was doing just fine until I went to scan a document that had both letter sized pages and legal sized pages. The only page that came over was one of the letter sized pages. I thought that by changing the paper size in windows fax & scan to legal would solve this. Unfortunately there isn't a legal option! There's...
November 16th 07 12:07 AM
by JNovice Go to last post
0 295
ie7 wont print webpages by PA Bear
I'm forwarding your post to Vista Print_Fax_Scan newsgroup via crosspost for better assistance, bluemojohat. Thread history for reference: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general/browse_frm/thread/ee35202ffb040307/42f6c0d746d4847c -- ~PA Bear bluemojohat wrote: I tried to start a new thread and got nowhere. ( i went to "discussions in
November 15th 07 05:58 PM
by PA Bear Go to last post
4 245
Media Player 11 Problem w/Vista by Andy D[_2_]
Suddenly my video tracks are playing opposite, like a flipped negative. The video is upside down and the letters are reversed. Just last night they were playing normally. How do I resolve this problem?
November 15th 07 05:06 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 277
Acer 620U scanner with Vista Pro by Cee
I saw an comment on how to connect this scanner with a virtual driver setup. I'm trying to find the reply/article. -- Cee
November 15th 07 08:53 AM
by Frank Loizzi Go to last post
1 276
Fax Subject Line by InKits
Hi, I am running Vista Ultimate I am presently using Vista Fax and Scan. Problem: When I receive faxes, the Subject line and sender name are left blank. I have exhausted all available resources, including Microsoft. Does anyone have any suggestions?
November 15th 07 01:45 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 237
Print Spooler Not Responding by Azn_Rice_Man
I just purchased a HP Pavilion PC with pre-loaded Windows Vista Home Premium and tried to install a new printer... When I click on the "Add Printer" button in the wizard, I get the error message indicating that the print spooler is not started and it asks for me to either restart the service or restart the computer. I have tried both solutions but neither worked, as I still get the error...
November 14th 07 07:20 PM
by Gary Go to last post
4 432
Printer ReInstalling by Does anyone know if there is a fix for t[_2_]
I have an HP4250 Photosmart all in one printer. My computer is fairly new with Vista Home Premium. I have installed my printer several times with the newest HP drivers and although it works great for awhile, after after a couple of weeks it starts to reinstall on it's own when it's turned on. I've had as many as 6 printers showing up - I've unistalled, re-installed, changed usb ports,...
November 14th 07 08:10 AM
by Salem69usa[_2_] Go to last post
6 225
Scanning to PDF Files Not an Option with Vista by Red Fox
I need to be able to scan to a pdf file using my new computer which is running vista. Under XP I would have the option to scan a document to a pdf file. I dont seem to have this option under vista. How do I get that functionality back? -- Red Fox
November 14th 07 05:08 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 258
HP M1005 MFP problem with vista by tombsman
I have installed HP M1005 MFP on vista ultimate but found out that the driver is for xp, so i downloaded both drivers file and the full solution file for Vista from HP site. Uninstalled the printer, rebooted, then installed vista software, and after several installation and uninstallation atempts i managed to get vista to install the printer without any errors and to use its copier and...
November 14th 07 05:07 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 262
Epson C41UX monitoring by Nick Metzger
I've just upgraded to Vista and now I can't monitor the ink status on my printer (it won't tell me how much ink I have left). Is there an easy fix for this?
November 14th 07 05:05 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 221
uninstalling by one.note
I have installed an incompatible printer and i can not uninstall it from control panal ...
November 14th 07 05:05 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 225
printers by alphonso
I have Windows Vista with a Lexmark Z645 printer, for some reason the printer gets disconnected and doesn't communicate with printer. Is this a common problem?
November 14th 07 05:04 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 280
Another printer problem with Vista by Jo MacArthur
I, too, get the "spooler has stopped working" message with my HP Photosmart 8450. But my bigger problem is that I seem to have to keep re-installing the printer, especially for any graphics. Sometimes I delete the printer, restart and reinstall. I've found that if I demand that Vista install with a new driver I get results quicker. And I have yet to perfect the order of the starting,...
November 13th 07 07:18 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 242
Double entry in Fax Inbox by DosR
Every time I received a fax, the inbox present two diferent entries for the same one. The result is like that: first: Microsoft Fax & Scan Team - Microsoft fax & Scan Main Page - 1 Page - 1KB Second: without sender - Without objetc - real pages -real kb. by clickin in it, Both open the same document.
November 13th 07 12:45 PM
by DosR Go to last post
0 244
ie7 wont print webpages by Robert Aldwinckle
"bluemojohat" wrote in message ... I tried to start a new thread and got nowhere. ( i went to "discussions in internet explorer general", selected "new" for start new thread, selected question and i could find nowhere on screen to type my query. That's usually a symptom of a misconfigured pop-up...
November 13th 07 02:25 AM
by Robert Aldwinckle Go to last post

From The