Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Help Adding Printer by Bonnie.
I'm really struggling adding my HP All-In-One printer to a vista machine. THe printer is a C6180, which can be setup as a network printer. I have been albe to install the printer on to my laptop, which is running XP, but I can't get it to work on my vista computer. The printer has the ability to connect to the network wired or wireless. I have a bit of instability/interference with...
November 4th 07 10:54 PM
by Bonnie. Go to last post
2 300
HP Photosmart 7180 by Mark
Hello. I purchased a laptop with Vista on it for my son. We loaded the Vista driver for the printer. It works fine right away, but then goes off line. I'm unable to bring the print driver back on line and the only way I've been able to get around it is to delete the offline driver and reinstall the printer. Why is this going on and how do you bring the printer on the pc back on line. I...
November 4th 07 02:36 PM
by Bob Headrick Go to last post
3 337
installing a printer by Aljr595
I just installed Vista Ultimate in 1 of my machines on the network, the others are running windows XP Pro. the printer is shared on the network attached to the XP Pro machine. when I tried to install it on the vista machine it gives me an error saying that the driver is for XP not vista. my question is how do I install the printer on teh vista machine from the XP Pro shared machine but...
November 4th 07 12:49 AM
by Malke Go to last post
1 348
Cannot print from Vista by John Byrne[_2_]
I have a printer server (Linksys WPS54GU2) attached to my network with a Canon MP150 and HP Laserjet 5P/5MP installed. This worked fine with a Vista Ultimate upgrade install fron Windows XP Pro. After having other problems with with Vista, I decided on advice to do a clean install. This worked OK and I installed the printer drivers directly from Vista. The test print worked. After a...
November 3rd 07 09:21 PM
by John Byrne[_2_] Go to last post
2 372
Problem Fax setting and Fax Account by Alvis
I am Having trouble in adding Fax account in windows vista Fax and Scan. After choosing a modem name in Fax Setup window the moment I click next I get an error message "an error occurred. Please try the operation later or contact your administrator". I have an internal fax modem, its working fine. I mean I am able to connect to the net and all. And another problem is when i click Fax Setting from...
November 3rd 07 09:39 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
3 358
Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) Server in WIndows Vista by [email protected]
IIS 6 had the option to share your printers over the internet but it appears that IIS 7 has pulled this out. At least in what ships with Windows Vista. I need to share some client printers from Vista machines over the internet, can anyone help?
November 2nd 07 11:13 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 348
Can't print from Vista laptop by eodhandyman
I can't print to HP 7280 printer from HP laptop wireless. Laptop is running Vista Home Premium, 2.0 GHz, 2 MB ram, 240 GB HD. I have no problem printing from another laptop wireless, HP running XP Pro, 1.8 GHz, 1 MB ram, 60 GB HD. All are on home wireless network with Linksys Wireless-G router. Right now, I have to print everything from my XP laptop. Does anyone know of a solution for...
November 2nd 07 11:49 AM
by Malke Go to last post
1 352
Remote Desktop Printing by Dan
I have upgraded to vista and remotely connect to our server using Remote Desktop. I need to be able to print remotley to my laptop and a USB printer. I used to use a parralell printer, but my new laptop doesn't have a parellal port. How do I print remotely using a USB printer ? Thanks in advance
November 1st 07 11:39 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 319
wireless printing by wally h
i just bought a new laptop with windows vista basic......i cannot get it to connect with my printer ......i have windows xp running on the main computer with a wireless network......this has got me baffeled
November 1st 07 11:15 PM
by Paul Armstrong[_2_] Go to last post
9 384
Incompatible USB 2.0 port by Scott
I just purchased a new PQI USB 2.0 flash drive and inserted into the USB port of my HP Pavilion a5068hk PC running on Vista Home Premium. The system cannot reconise it and asks for driver. The drive states Windows Vista compatible. I insert it to other XP pcs and Vista pc and all work correctly without any need of driver. With other USB 2.0 flash drives, they work correctly on this HP pc. ...
November 1st 07 09:51 PM
by Dan [MSFT] Go to last post
2 272
Printer will not Initialize by George E
We just purchased a computer with 32 Bit Vista. We downloaded a Vista compatable print driver for our Epston Photo Sylus R220 printer. When we seek to print from Wordperfect 3X (with the Vista Compatable patch) we get the error message that "Printer will not Initialize". After we get that error, Gatway computer games and the Control Panel will not load. The latter simply blicks and...
November 1st 07 07:26 PM
by George E Go to last post
0 277
can print, but only one copy? by brettsmum
Hi Have a new PC with Vista Home Premium. Have installed my HP1200 Laserjet, and it prints, but if I ask the print window to print more than one copy, or odd pages only, or any other command for that matter, it just prints out the one copy. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks Chris
November 1st 07 03:10 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
1 284
cannot see printers of a w2003 printserver on the vista printmgmt by darkmuetz
Hi I am working in a AD 2003. I added a Vista Enterprise Client to the Domain. Now i am testing the printmanagement Interface and have some question. I could add all printserver located in my site and when i am expanding the servers i can see and export all drivers and ports associated. But i cannot see any printers installed under the printer view. I also see that if i create a filter, it...
October 31st 07 11:18 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 270
Printer Setup Problem by John[_15_]
I am having trouble setting up my printer, a HP DeskJet 5550, on my new Vista machine. It runs through a Linksys WPS54G printer server. My old XP machine, sitting right here next to me, prints through it with no difficulties. I've tried everything I can think of. Can someone help me?
October 31st 07 10:13 PM
by Rednut05 Go to last post
8 336
Scanning/Copying by Quana
I am not able to use the scanner or the copier on my HP officejet 6200series since I purchased this new computer that has Windows Vista. I have tried several times to unistall and reinstall the software. Can any one help me?
October 31st 07 08:01 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
5 334
Print in black and white or grayscale by Pepco54
print Using Windows Vista on HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop. Print properties window has no element to quit printing in color. Want to print in grayscale or black and white but have no options mechanism in the properties window. Help!
October 31st 07 07:24 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
2 310
Faxing with Vista by NCStone
I am running Vista OS and have Office 2007 Enterprise installed. As I understand it, Enterprise is supposed to have a Fax and Scanning utility built in. Where would I access this utility? I have been searching through everything Office and have found nothing except what I have found online. If I have been misslead by what I have read, is there a fax utility that I can install that can be...
October 31st 07 06:03 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 343
Spooler SubSytem App Was Closed by Abby
I'm really sorry if there's already been an answer to this-- but I looked and looked and none of the similar problems/solutions helped me. I've had my brand new Dell Inspiron 1420 for about 4 days now, and I'm having huge difficulties setting up my Epson Stylus CX5000 printer/scanner. I downloaded the new Vista drivers from the epson website, and it shows up in the printer box, but when I...
October 31st 07 10:44 AM
by Ravi Kumar Go to last post
1 317
Problem with Network printer over wireless network. by Russ
I have a Samsung ML-1710 laser printer. Windows update in XP and Vista have always given me the ML-1610 printer driver. The printer is connected to my XP Desktop and shared over the network. My new Vista laptop running Vista Home Premium installed the printer just fine, after a few tries. I can print to the printer just fine, but I can't change any printer preferences. For example in...
October 30th 07 09:19 PM
by abdoulaye Go to last post
1 303
I cant Install my 1018 HP printer by ford666
hi. I bought hp 1018 laser printer but i cant install it in my coputer. i went to HP website and i downloaded software of widowes vista for the printer But also i cant . coz windows cant find the printer. This problem happened with my friend also. we are using windows vista. The printer is working with Windows XP. Can any one help me please.. :( Thanks
October 30th 07 08:20 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post

From The