Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Locked out of all accounts Vista Enterprise by woody
I know this issue has been addressed before by JB at http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Administration/locked_out_of_admin.aspx What makes my situation unusual is that my dell laptop was shipped with vista enterprise, but the operating system cd that was shipped was vista home basic. The reason for this is that I purchased through my daughter's college. I'm still trying to figure out if the college...
August 8th 09 11:05 PM
by woody Go to last post
0 224
User Accounts and Priviledges by melnew36
I am new to Vista and I am checking out the user accounts and privileges... I am wondering is there a guide of how it is suppose to be? Or if they are set up right?? -- melnew36 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ melnew36's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/122723.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-administration/1228441.htm
August 8th 09 07:31 AM
by Bill Daggett Go to last post
2 329
User Accounts and Priviledges by melnew36
I am new to Vista and I am checking out the user accounts and privileges... I am wondering is there a guide of how it is suppose to be? Or if they are set up right?? -- melnew36 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ melnew36's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/122723.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-administration/1228441.htm
August 8th 09 06:29 AM
by melnew36 Go to last post
0 221
I need to recover an email account password from an IAF file by No Name
Can someone tell me how to freely recover an old mail account password I lost when changing machines it was in the form of an IAF extension all the account information but it is encrypted and I need that same password to get access to other things besides email which works A-OK ?? I might go to my ISP but because it is a gift it resides under another persons data. I have all I need on my own...
August 7th 09 09:09 PM
by No Name Go to last post
0 204
Å×½ºÆ® by Live ±Ç¼ø¸¸
Å×½ºÆ®
August 5th 09 07:34 AM
by linky1124[_4_] Go to last post
1 217
Å×½ºÆ® by linky1124[_4_]
:confused:Live ±Ç¼ø¸¸;1524720 Wrote: Å×½ºÆ® -- linky1124 :Dthe cheapest recovery tool. 'http://www.resetwindowspassword.com' (http://www.resetwindowspassword.com/)
August 5th 09 07:34 AM
by linky1124[_4_] Go to last post
0 304
Help..can't log in as administrator by jeanniev
I set up a set up a new administrator account and new a standard user account. For some reason...don't ask me why, just plan stupid, I set my new standard account as the adminstrator and the old adminstrator account to a standard user. Now when I log on it does not give me the option to log into the admin account so that I can change things back. I have done some research online and am not...
August 2nd 09 10:38 PM
by jeanniev Go to last post
0 181
User Account Failed to Load by Orion Cochrane
Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1 32 bit This has happened twice with 2 admin accounts. They try to login, and once they enter their password, a message comes that says that the user profile failed to load. It then logs the user off. In order to salvage the accounts and files, I had to login as myself and copy and paste the files over to new accounts. No actual data is lost. Is this a common...
August 1st 09 06:23 PM
by Orion Cochrane Go to last post
0 184
user account not found by pookie
I have three user accounts set up on my computer. My boyfriend went to sign on to his user account one day and his defaults were all gone (favs and wallpaper) and now he can't log on to his user account at all. any ideas?
August 1st 09 08:10 AM
by Flavius Go to last post
5 347
Turned off pc during windows vista restoring by alara2k
Hi all, I mistakenly turned off my pc during the system restore of windows vista. It was taking too long and decided to turned it off and then on. But now windows just doesn't start. I have important information on my pc and I don't want to lose it. What can I do? Your help is much needed! Any comments for my lack of patience please keep it to yourself :)
July 29th 09 08:40 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
6 343
Turned off pc during windows vista restoring by alara2k
Hi all, I mistakenly turned off my pc during the system restore of windows vista. It was taking too long and decided to turned it off and then on. But now windows just doesn't start. I have important information on my pc and I don't want to lose it. What can I do? Your help is much needed! Any comments for my lack of patience please keep it to yourself :)
July 29th 09 03:35 PM
by alara2k Go to last post
0 211
Vista updates,downloaded, but wont install by LightMayo
Hey can anyone tell me why my updates for windows vista (quite a few of them too) are downloading but not installing?! neither can i update windows defender... any ideas? wb asap some one pls -- LightMayo ------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 27th 09 10:15 PM
by mopar[_2_] Go to last post
18 468
Solutions for recovery windows admin password if you have forgotten/lost windows administrator password. by dizzyturkey
What should your do when you forgot the password to login to windows system? Ask an administrator to reset the log on password for you. If you yourself are administrator, and you can’t remember the administrator password, the problem get a little tricky, and probably hard to recover the “forgotten password” again. Before you search for recovery CD or Windows DVD to format and reinstall Windows...
July 26th 09 11:40 PM
by robmark Go to last post
4 365
Administraor lost Password by alexblue_4
I have just changed my admin password for my vista ans now I cant remember it. I haven't written it down, no recovery disc and no other Admin account.. I do have one standered account though. I also have read Brink's guide and my only option is 3 but I really don't want to do that as it really restricts the account. I have and idea of the password though and I tried all the forms of it I possibly...
July 26th 09 02:59 AM
by alexblue_4[_2_] Go to last post
4 314
Administraor lost Password by alexblue_4
I have just changed my admin password for my vista ans now I cant remember it. I haven't written it down, no recovery disc and no other Admin account.. I do have one standered account though. I also have read Brink's guide and my only option is 3 but I really don't want to do that as it really restricts the account. I have and idea of the password though and I tried all the forms of it I possibly...
July 26th 09 12:30 AM
by alexblue_4 Go to last post
0 208
ASP.NET is the administrator on my computer, "Access is denied" by chrisandcourts
i am curently very fustrated!!! as a new user has appeared on my computer (ASP.NET Machine Account Administrator). This user account has taken control of my computer & is the computer administrator, & i do not know the password for this account. We have a HP Pavillion Notebook PC dv6500, using Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit. I have no administrator privlieges on my user account...
July 25th 09 05:45 AM
by Flavius Go to last post
2 295
Simplified Vista Admin for Home Users? by Tom461
For a Vista CPU bought new for home use with no need for ownerships and permissions and rights, what step or set of steps within Vista constitute the simplest but also most comprehensive method of assigning all possible ownerships, permissions, and rights to that one user? It puzzles me that Microsoft does not include a Wizard for this. Why should the home user be expected to struggle with a...
July 24th 09 09:16 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
4 278
Simplified Vista Admin for Home Users? by Tom461
For a Vista CPU bought new for home use with no need for ownerships and permissions and rights, what step or set of steps within Vista constitute the simplest but also most comprehensive method of assigning all possible ownerships, permissions, and rights to that one user? It puzzles me that Microsoft does not include a Wizard for this. Why should the home user be expected to struggle with a...
July 24th 09 03:16 PM
by Tom461 Go to last post
0 177
ASP.NET is the administrator on my computer, "Access is denied" by chrisandcourts
i am curently very fustrated!!! as a new user has appeared on my computer (ASP.NET Machine Account Administrator). This user account has taken control of my computer & is the computer administrator, & i do not know the password for this account. We have a HP Pavillion Notebook PC dv6500, using Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit. I have no administrator privlieges on my user account...
July 24th 09 02:26 PM
by chrisandcourts Go to last post
0 197
Incorrect password or name by azmick
Help please. I was the only administrator account on our computer and it is now saying incorrect name or password? Name is correct on login so must be password. I have never changed password or forgot it? Tried password recovery 5.0 but i can't even download or upgrade anything without admin password. Found thread to use netplwiz or control userpassword2 but it just shuts down computer. Another...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 24th 09 01:26 AM
by Manny Weisbord Go to last post

From The