Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
how to update the top folder Date Modified by Adam Johnson
How can I look at the top level folder date modified, I can tell any item inside all the sub-folder was updated or created? So the top level folder 'date modified' is the latest date. Current, in Windows, even the inside sub-folder is updated, the top level folder date is not changed. How do I make the top folder's Date Modified reflect the latest modified dates of any items inside the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 12th 10 12:22 AM
by No Name Go to last post
10 1,063
Indexing Bug ???? by Martin Racette
Hi, I think that I found a bug in the Indexing service, I after I installed VIsta, it started to index all of my documents files, which is great, but about 2 weeks ago I found that I did not place some files where they belong so I moved them, but now when I use the Search, it find those files in both the old and the new folder. I did checked the old folder where those files were before and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 8th 07 02:44 PM
by theclyde Go to last post
42 1,058
"Could not find this item" again by Vman
Hey everybody, this is the second time I can't delete a 0 kb file off my desktop. Vista tells me that it doesn't exist, but it's there on my desktop. I've tried several things, restarting, deleting in safe mode, deleting via cmd (as administrator), deleting as another user and lots more. And unfortunately Unlocker doesn't support Vista 64. Last time it happened I successfully deleted it in the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 2nd 09 04:42 PM
by Jamesinator5[_2_] Go to last post
16 1,049
File extension association by Simone Chemelli
Hi, I want to change a custon association I did for a specific file extension but if I go under "Folder Options" I cannot find any more the File Type tab. Where are now stored those infos ? How can I change them ? Have a nice day. --
December 10th 06 12:18 PM
by Synapse Syndrome Go to last post
3 1,044
Nero files leftover by JMed
How do I get rid of it? it won't let me delete it TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 10th 10 12:35 AM
by JMed Go to last post
10 1,033
How delette files without muliple OK's? by ~hp-hdx~
Hi, I have a new laptop with Vista home premium on it. I can not delete files like I could in XP. Every time I delete a file, a box comes up with a bunch of choices in it. One is "as Administrator" or something like that. Clicking on that a few times deletes the file. I have been unable find out how to make it work like XP. Can anyone tell me how to do this? It would save me a lot of time and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 10 08:28 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
14 1,030
character map by Toby Radio
I cannot find the Character Map with startall programsaccessoriessystem tools. How can i finbd it??? Bernie
September 17th 06 01:06 AM
by Chaucer Go to last post
3 1,010
Can't delete item from destktop by Jarjar
Using vista 64 and I have a folder that contains another folder with a small file inside. Vista will NOT allow me to delete the folder from the desktop. I have tried everything that I know to do: 1. I tried to delete from the command prompt. 2. I tried renaming to folder. 3. Downloaded a "unlocker" program as suggested in other posts, doesn't work on 64 bit. This is driving me nuts....Any...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 10 12:56 AM
by Rowdytown Go to last post
11 1,009
Windows cannot find a file error message. by Dj Rawlings
Vista windows will not open an excel file from recent items or other document windows. It does open the application itself and then displays the error window "Windows cannot find 'C\( path to the file)\_____.xls. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again." Windows search will show the file, but it goes through the same thing when it is clicked. The files can be opened within...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 8th 08 03:48 PM
by jrk[_2_] Go to last post
13 1,001
unable to run Toshiba Full Disc wipe by caseyckc
recently itunes has corrupted and told it to unistall i did so and after that everything had gone ultra slow and i turned it off turn and on again same thing. slow. i put it in safemode and still to no avail, slow. i've started and done transfer of files i want to keep.i then tried to go to the vista repair and from F8, i clicked "revert to out of the box", it then went blank and turned off i...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 8th 09 10:06 AM
by f/fgeorge Go to last post
38 992
Is Vista updates recommandable before upgrading to Windows 7? by MAT
Is Windows Vista updates recommandable before upgrading to Windows 7? Should I just upgrade directly from Windows Vista in the original edition (after a recovery) and without all the other updates to Windows 7 (saving a lot of time), or is it better to do all Vista updates before upgrading to Windows 7?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 20th 09 06:07 PM
by MAT Go to last post
16 974
Thumbs down
problem with files from DVD/CD by MCC124
I think I need to tweek something on my PC (Vista home premium). When trying to open folders/ files from a cd (from a magazine for example) all i get is a load of computer jargon, not an ilustration or what ever it should be. Any ideas please? Thanks MCC
May 26th 10 02:51 AM
by No Name Go to last post
7 972
Does Vista use a file system when burning CD's that XP can't read? by 98 Guy
If files are copied (drag'n'dropped) to a CD-R while using Vista, are those files accessible if the CD is put into an XP machine? I've heard of some first-hand accounts where this seems to be the case. Does Vista use a file system on burned CD's or DVD's that XP can't read? If so, does Micro$oft provide a driver for XP to be able to read them?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 15th 09 11:02 PM
by Adam A. Wanderer Go to last post
26 969
Gold Gallery in Incredimail by Rosie
I use incredimail and finally got it to work with Vista.Only thing I am having problems with is Gold gallery.Every time I click to get a graphic it takes me to the buy page.They keep sending me instructions on things so they can check it.but it is for windows 2000 to xp.No reference to Vista although i keep telling them what I have.Is anyone else using Incredimail and can tell me where...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 31st 10 10:52 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
11 965
0x80070050 error by jafthor
does anyone know why this is happenning or what can be done to fix it
October 9th 06 01:41 AM
by Larry Go to last post
1 958
Destination Folder Access Denied by mattaustin
Trying to delete a folder that I downloaded from a file-sharing network, and keep getting this message: Destination Folder Access Denied. Reading the posts on the subjects gets me way over my head. I checked the properties and am just not understanding how to change ownership and/or permissions. Any help for a novice? I just upgraded to Vista Home Premium. The folder is a J. Garcia/D. Grisman...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 30th 10 09:00 PM
by Sanjay Jain Go to last post
11 953
Folder icons change when moved to another computer by MW[_3_]
I've changed the folder icon of several folders. When I move them onto a data CD they remain as I changed them. But when I open the CD on another computer they revert to the old yellow default folder. How do I get them to keep the changes? On another forum I was told to place that icon file into that particular folder (no problem) and to create a "desktop.ini file" and make it a system file...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 3rd 10 04:09 AM
by No Name Go to last post
14 938
Bug in Windows explorer can result in lost files by Dave
I believe I've found a bug in Windows Explorer that I can reproduce reliably. If anyone can get this to a QA engineer in the Vista group at Microsoft, I'd appreciate it. Here's how to reproduce: 1. Open the Windows explorer browser (not Internet Explorer). Set it up so that you that you can see folders in the left-hand tree view panel and files in the right-hand list panel. 2. Create a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 3rd 08 03:05 PM
by JohnMM Go to last post
11 934
search for a file with a specific word in it by JR
In XP (and previous versions of Windows) I was able to perform a wild-card search of a drive, directory, folder while looking for a specific word. I can not find how to do that in VISTA. How do I search a drive for files with the words "Class I" in a powerpoint file? Thanks
May 28th 10 03:29 PM
by pacinitaly Go to last post
4 932
Hotfix KB942435 for memory error when copying large amounts of files by Andrea Doerges
Hi, I've been trying to get this hotfix from Microsoft for about a week now. In the Knowledge Base article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942435/en-us) it says to click a link to submit an online request to obtain the hotfix, but I've done that about three times over the last week and nothing has happened. I'm not so sure that this link is actually working, because the form that is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 16th 07 03:14 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post

From The