Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Move Public Folder- 'Move' option not listed by klaissgl
I'm trying to move the Public folder to a different volume. Help is clear, and I was able to move the user folder with no issues. However, the Public folder (under Locations) doesn't give me the 'move' option. It lists the current location, but I can't edit it or change it. Workaround? -- klaissgl
July 29th 08 05:39 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP[_2_] Go to last post
3 263
Task scheduler doesn't wake computer by Dave T.[_2_]
Vista Home Premium x86... I've set Task Scheduler to wake up my computer at a specified time, but it fails to do so. I checked out the following kb article, and adhered to it as well as possible; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929463/en-us The log reports state that it failed and timed out. It terminates the task with an error code 329 (Timed out) when I wake the computer in the morning....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 29th 08 05:26 AM
by Brink Go to last post
16 527
drop-down menu's stop working by Avery Tom Deacon Harry[_2_]
What's up with the drop-down menu's? Sometimes (quite often actually) when I track up them to find a particular file and then click on that file to open it, the file doesn't open (it should) and the menu just disappears. I have found that the only way to "reset" it so that the drop-down menu's work properly is to do a shutdown/restart of the whole computer, which is damned inconvenient. Is...
July 28th 08 05:21 PM
by Paul Montgomery Go to last post
1 211
Folder Sizes in Windows Explorer by Avery Tom Deacon Harry[_2_]
Why on earth doesn't Windows Explorer show the sizes of Folders shown in the right hand pane as well as the sizes of individual files listed there? Strikes me that an additional column or two in the Explorer window giving the number of files in the (unopened) folder and the total size of that folder would be a big advantage. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and...
July 28th 08 05:09 PM
by HappyAndyK[_32_] Go to last post
2 280
Vista 32 vs 64 Bit Back Up by timb
Running Vista Ultimate 32 bit version... if I create a file back up (not a full system back up) with the 32 bit version of Vista on an external hard drive, and install the 64-bit version of Ultimate... will I be able to restore the folders and files from the archive using advanced restore ?
July 28th 08 12:13 AM
by KawaiDon Go to last post
4 264
Registry corrupted? by Brad
I recently upgraded my new HP cpmputer to Vista Business. Shortly after, I started my copmputer, and instead of having all my startup programs load, I had multiple error messages. When I clicked on any program, I got an association error message. I discovered that the only way to start any program, including built in Windows programs, was to right click the icon, select "open with", then...
July 27th 08 10:29 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
1 241
How do I change the VISTA default folder? by Robert Judge[_2_]
I would like change the default folder to which VISTA saves documents to a new custom folder that I have created. How can I accomplish this?
July 27th 08 09:57 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
1 214
transferring OneNotes files to new laptop by waldorfedu
Desktop (XP Pro - Office 2007) - will be traveling soon, purchased laptop (Vista), installed programs ok but need to transfer files/content in OneNote and Outlook. Have transferred files to external and hooked it up with laptop. Never used Vista before and I'm trying to find, unsuccessfully, where to place files - detailed advice please - I am not computer savvy so just treat me as an idiot...
July 27th 08 09:38 PM
by waldorfedu Go to last post
0 216
ACREDITE FUNCIONA!!!!! by [email protected]
Ganhar dinheiro rápido e honesto meu blog http://jet72.zip.net/ : QUER GANHAR UM BOM DINHEIRO? FAÇA COMO NÓS ! : COMO TRANSFORMAR 12 REAIS EM NO MINIMO DOZE MIL REAIS !! : EU TAMBEM NÃO ACREDITAVA!! VOCÊ É CAPAZ, APENAS FAÇA FUNCIONAR.!
July 27th 08 04:31 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 191
Cannot Connect to Network Drives by John Ciccone
Although this has pretty much worked for months, today (and a couple of weeks ago), I double click on a network drive in Win Explorer and get this err msg: --------------------------- Restoring Network Connections --------------------------- An error occurred while reconnecting Y: to \\Home\d Microsoft Windows Network: Not enough server storage is available to process this command.
July 27th 08 04:16 PM
by John Ciccone Go to last post
1 204
DELETING A FILE THAT WHICH LOCATIONS' NOT FOUND by JOCELYN07
WHEN I TRY TO DELETE THE FILE IT SAYS THAT IT WAS NOT FOUND AND TO VERIFY THE LOCATION AND TRYY AGAIN. HELP!
July 27th 08 01:52 AM
by Randy02 Go to last post
2 220
Windows Easy Transfer wrote over some e-mails...help! by glenngarf
I migrated with easy transfer from an XP to Vista computer, but I had been using the new Vista computer for a month before migrating, so I had a month's worth of new e-mails. After the migration, my new e-mails are gone. Can I get them back somehow without a system restore? If not, what is the best way to merge the 2 e-mail systems?
July 26th 08 02:06 PM
by DL Go to last post
1 228
Unhappy
Copying files to a 'full' Linux drive by pc0019
I have just got a new laptop, with Vista on - first time I have used it properly :eek: I'm posting because of an annoying problem. I have a Kubuntu box on the network, and I mapped an network drive to it in Vista. The hard drive which has Kubuntu installed on it is about 5GB, and that's what Vista sees it as. If I try copying files to an external HD on the Kubuntu machine, via the mapped...
July 26th 08 12:40 PM
by pc0019 Go to last post
0 291
Updating of filename in Footer (Word) by Irmgard
When I give a file a new name and save it under the new file name, the filename that I have inserted in the footer does not update itself. It does update in Excel. Does anyone know how I could set this up so it does update the filneam int he footer automatically when I save under another file name? I have in the meantime found an interim solution by creating a macro that inserts the...
July 26th 08 03:33 AM
by Nonny Go to last post
1 210
A fresh look? Deleting a file by Evan[_2_]
I'm interested in if this issue has been solved? That is, why is it happening to begin with? Here is what I notice on my machine: Vista 32 Enterprise, SP1 _*Symptom:_*_ A video file (typically) cannot be deleted without rebooting or dismounting the drive via "chkdsk /x" (if external) or sometimes re-starting explorer.exe works.
July 25th 08 08:10 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
1 219
preview pane by malcp
does anyone know how to make preview pane preview office docs . I have office 2003 professional and vista ultimate. Preview pane in explorer previews pictures music and even adobe pdf files but willl not do office docs from word or excel. microsoft support says it does not do them but why. So I am hoping that someone out there knows how to fix the problem as I cant see the point of preview...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 25th 08 04:12 PM
by Dave Wood [MSFT] Go to last post
16 388
webside navegation problem by Eudalmi
Please i need help with my computer (vista) Im trying to log in to a web, im putting mi login in and is not work i think is something wrong with my security or cookie that is not let in the web to work, my friend try from his computer and is working correctly. please what can i do to fix this problem. -- EUDA
July 25th 08 03:06 PM
by Eudalmi Go to last post
0 241
Converting a windows file to a pdf by Annmarmorgan
I have a business card I made in windows, saved in my desktop. It has clip art on it and is finished. I need to email it to someone for an ad. She called today to say that she has an older version of windows and needs me to convert it to a pdf. How do I do this??
July 25th 08 11:46 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
6 260
Trash Bin by Danabanna
I seem to have deleted my trash bin. No clue how I did this but it happened. I went into control panel and just dragged it back on to my desktop but it's coming up as hidden and invisible. How do I fix this and get it back to normal?
July 25th 08 03:30 AM
by Brink Go to last post
1 211
recent places in winows explorer by Jason[_13_]
I love the 'Recent Places' link in the common file dialogs in Vista. I'd really like to add it to the 'Favorite Links' list in windows explorer. Unfortunately http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926167 states that: The following three links are added programmatically to all common file dialog boxes: . Desktop . Recent places . Computer These three links are not .Ink files...
July 25th 08 01:08 AM
by redgum Go to last post

From The