Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Ikony pulpitu i przełącz miedzy oknami by ivstella
Znikneły mi z pasku zadań te dwa przyciski, niesą niczy przysłonięte więc niemam żadnej wskazówki jak je odzyskać, przycisk internet dla przykładu działa normalnie. Poprosz o sugestie.
July 8th 08 05:53 PM
by ivstella Go to last post
0 174
Keeping folder sizes constant by David Pilditch
Is there anyway that I can keep folder sizes to remain constant? For example, in my documents folder, I like the folders to be large, however at times they will be small or in list view. Is there anyway to set the size to remain large no matter what? -- David Pilditch
July 8th 08 01:47 AM
by PaulB Go to last post
4 238
Can't see files in some folders by TheBlueSky
Hi all, I'm facing this issue with some applications that needs to write some files on their installation directory... for example Yahoo Messenger creates some folders and write some files on its installation directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Yahoo) for different reasons, like messages archiving. These files and folders are created somehow and the application is able to access them...
July 7th 08 07:59 PM
by Chuck Go to last post
9 304
Slide Show not in Gadget Manager by Wandering[_2_]
Although the folder with what seems all the files exists in Windows Sidebar, Gadgets, the Slide Show Gadget does not show up on the sidebar or in the Gadget Manager. Is there a way to reinstall or reactivate it? Vista Home Basic. Thanks
July 7th 08 06:06 PM
by PaulB Go to last post
3 217
Can not be able to install windows search 4.0 by Tom Tang
Can not be able to install windows search 4.0
July 7th 08 04:33 AM
by Tom Tang Go to last post
9 223
could not be able to find by using file contains one word by Tom Tang
could not be able to find by using file contains one word like WinXp, could define the search criteria by choose a file contains a word, and it is a word/excel file etc...
July 7th 08 01:36 AM
by Tom Tang Go to last post
1 166
short cuts by Zenobia
I uninstalled Arc Soft DVD and cannot delete the short cuts that remain. Can you advise me.
July 6th 08 09:36 PM
by Zenobia Go to last post
2 242
where i can download X13-49121.exe/boot.wim/x64 install.wim by tr3
plz mvp let me know where i can download this 3 file if u guys have the link pls show it to me............ -- tr3
July 6th 08 09:28 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 241
restore or recovery of files on dvd by sunil
I have Windows Vista Home Premium indatlled in my sytem. i have reinstalled the OS, as there was some proble in IE and registry. Before that i had backed up files on DVDs. now if i try to retrive or retore the files on dvd using advance restore. my system cannot read files on dvd which are NDA files. kindly help me restoring all the files backedup on DVD. -- sunil
July 6th 08 12:52 PM
by sunil Go to last post
0 205
Any way to index ALL filenames in indexed locations? by Yaytay
Hi, Is there any way to configure Windows Search to include all filenames in indexed locations? I have never found Windows Search useful because it has never returned results that I'm looking for (in over two years, from within Microsoft). The problem is that I look for files with odd names, and frequently with no extensions at all.
July 6th 08 07:08 AM
by Yaytay Go to last post
0 191
No seconds shown in Views/Details by Hike_Mike
When I list the dates associated with a file, I cannot get the seconds displayed. If I display 'properties' the seconds show so I assume I have the format set properly. How can I display seconds in the Details view?
July 6th 08 02:51 AM
by Hike_Mike Go to last post
4 180
Naming Folders by Sara V. in Phoenix
Has anyone experienced a problem with inability to create new folders? This is happening within my documents area, apparently no problem in Outlook. Have tried right clicking and using the new folder icon. Cannot name new folders or rename older ones. Creates the folder, but won't name it. Thanks!
July 6th 08 02:28 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP[_2_] Go to last post
4 205
Recent Items not updating by Pengalo
The Recent Items list in Vista was working fine. I'm not sure what caused the problem, but I noticed it stopped updating around the same time I compressed a number of folders. When I tried "Clear Recent Items List' by right-clicking on "Recent Items" in the start menu it would hang and I'd have to restart Windows to get it back. I finaly got it cleared by turning off the option altogether...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 6th 08 01:28 AM
by Donna Go to last post
22 747
Problem with Recent Items... by mccdaddy
Hi, I'm using Vista Home Premium and my Recent Items on the Start menu are listed in alphabetical order rather than by most recently used. That means any items or files not beginning with A or B are not displayed on the list, even if I just closed it. How can I get that list to show actual recent items like it did in XP? Thanks.
July 6th 08 01:20 AM
by Donna Go to last post
3 341
Drag & drop by adamswife
Hi If I put a photo in the wrong folder, how do I go about moving it to the correct one. Thank you -- Senior Citizen, please be patient.
July 5th 08 04:56 PM
by PaulB Go to last post
4 255
File sequence management by Static[_6_]
Film, television, animation. most forms of visual media deal in file sequences. thousands of individual files are being accessed as a sequence by my software on a regular basis. I find if I try to copy a folder containing a sequence of files from one computer to another. Windows seams to start copying the files randomly. for a example If I have files 01,02,03,04,05 and copy them to...
July 5th 08 09:00 AM
by Donald Lessau Go to last post
1 263
Can't access Documents & Settings by Bleargh?
Yeah, as the title says, I can't access Documents & Settings folder in Vista. I need to change a few things in there...
July 4th 08 05:45 PM
by Bleargh?[_2_] Go to last post
2 244
Folder says I need admistrator privileges when I have them? by Alpha_Cluster
I have two folders on my computer right now that both say I do not have privileges to access or delete even after escilating my privileges with UAC. Is there any way I can fix these folders? The claim to have a "undisplayable owner" and I cannot get myself or admin to be the owner.
July 4th 08 02:57 PM
by Alpha_Cluster Go to last post
4 204
Folder shortcut key not working properly by Viperx116
I assigned a shortcut key to a shortcut, but it always stop working after I restart the computer. I have to keep changing the key in order for it to work again. -- Viperx116
July 4th 08 04:07 AM
by No Name Go to last post
8 242
Files not extracting from zip file by LMarine20
I am running Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1. Just the other day I noticed that I can no longer extract files from a zip file. When I try I get a folder that is empty, no files extracted. Any ideas?
July 3rd 08 10:31 PM
by LMarine20 Go to last post

From The