Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Month only by Uluru
How can one download images to month folders instead of day and month using Vista
January 21st 08 03:11 AM
by Dave Go to last post
1 232
Damanaged files not getting deleted by Steve
The disk cleanup on my vista computer is not deleting some damaged files. I tried deleting them manually but they aren't getting deleted. How can I delete them?
January 21st 08 01:58 AM
by Bob Go to last post
1 236
Importing/Copying Files from an External Drive by Peter
What's the fastest way to transfer/import files from an external device into my local drive. It would be nice if there was a program out there that would list all of the files found in the external device by category. (ie. Pics, movies, docs) Please help, Thanks
January 20th 08 09:50 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
2 241
Dwarf-send to folder by Glo T.
thanks and i'm there. but there are four things in there, two folders, compressed and documents. now what do I do? you got me to it but don't know what to do with the results. not at all like win98.
January 20th 08 09:11 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 190
Where can I find my send to folder in Vista Home Premium? by Glo T.
I would like to customize my send to folder, remove some drive letters and add programs. With Vista, locating what I'm looking for seems to be a problem. I asked help to locate it and it says it can't find it either. Suggestions anyone!
January 20th 08 09:09 PM
by brink[_2866_] Go to last post
2 231
cant Install program I bought and downloaded by Lunar Larry[_2_]
Ok ...I just moved to vista and Im upgrading my ADOBE audition ... ok ...I purchased it at 6am and the adobe download manager started to download the file but my windows told me I cant save it to where I want so it places it in the temp folder ... ok well when it finished I cant find the file at all .....I even go to the temp folder where it says it saved it and its not there ....so when i...
January 20th 08 04:24 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 181
transfering files from rocketfish using Easy Transfer by ojws
Help! My motherboard died on my old computer, so I took the hard drive out of the old and put it into a rocketfish and tried using the Easy Transfer to get them onto my new computer. It put a .mig copy of the old computer files on my new computer but I can't use them. What now? When I run Easy Transfer again it just keeps creating copies on the rocketfish.
January 20th 08 02:57 PM
by ojws Go to last post
0 180
recovering files after system recovery? by keira
is there a way to recovery files after doing a system recovery? i saved some files.. but forgot a few of them stashed away in a folder. no physical damage on the drive at all, just a restore for the settings. any help asap would be great.
January 20th 08 01:06 PM
by Malke Go to last post
3 406
Office 2007 & 2003 by Andrew
Hi, I have just started using Office 2007. I am studying a course at college wher I have to use Office 2003. I have put them both on my new PC (using Vista) but I would like them to be in a folder for 2003 and 2007 respectedly but cannot move them, has anyone have and ideas how I can seperate the 2 versions -- T.T.F.N Andrew
January 20th 08 10:15 AM
by Hank Arnold (MVP) Go to last post
1 229
How to set *one* standard view for all existing AND new folders inWindows Explorer? by Christian Münscher
Hi folks! Using the Windows XP Explorer, I was able to set one view for all folders, that remained intact forever for the user who set it. In Vista I tried to achieve the same result by arranging one folder the way I wanted all folders to look like (using the detail-view), and then clicking "To take over for all folders". But that does not work, folders containing *mainly* (not only...) music...
January 20th 08 08:54 AM
by Keith Miller \(MVP\) Go to last post
6 353
Clear Recent Documents by ARIS
I'm using Vista Home Premium. Under Favorite Links -Searches can you clear the recent documents, recent E-mail, recent music and so on files? Thank you.
January 20th 08 04:58 AM
by TMF51 Go to last post
6 233
Copy And Paste Handling by jd
Can this system be changed back to the XP style? The current "Calculating Time Remaining" is uneccessary and slows the whole process up, something I do very frequently, I'd rather it just copied the file/s instead of telling me how long it will take, as it's never overly accurate anyway. I can sit on my PC copying a 500MB file and it sits for around a minute "Calculating Time" then it starts...
January 20th 08 12:03 AM
by spanky628 Go to last post
2 184
Calculating Time Remaining by ScottieB
Does anyone know a way around the "Calculating Time Remaining" when moving large files around on my PC? I've tried the hotfix and some registry edits but nothing seems to work. I rip DVD's of church services to WMV files. These files are 150 to 250 megs each. Usually I have to reboot my computer to move each one. This is nutz. I'm open for ideas. (No...I'm not moving back to XP -- it came on...
January 20th 08 12:03 AM
by spanky628 Go to last post
4 212
Defrag by Defrag problem
Hello. The last copule days when i try to run the windows vista defrag it dosent start, i might belived that this problem is going to slove its self but its seems after a day wainting that nothing has really happend. Does any one know what I can do to fix the windows vista defrag? I would appreciate if some one could replay as soon as possible. /a worried vista guy
January 19th 08 10:18 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
1 184
Giving the Start Menu more recent programs without changing its si by Greg
If anyone knows of a better place to send suggestions to Microsoft from, I'd love to know where. My suggestion is minor, but would be categorized under making windows more user friendly. I personally do not like a big start bar, at the same time I work with a lot of programs. I like seeing those i work with most right there when I click start, but often I'm looking for one or two that have...
January 19th 08 10:14 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
2 208
Why is it that......Folders always becoming Alphabaptised in Vis by Georgia W.
Does anyone know how you can stop your folders from becoming alphabatized as soon as you name a folder? It never used to do that with XP and I wonder if there is a way to stop it. Thanks for any help on this matter. Georgia
January 18th 08 05:31 PM
by Georgia W. Go to last post
6 246
View details in Windows Vista Home Edition. by Larry Davis[_2_]
Hi, I hope this is an appropriate place to ask this question. After searching every help file I could find I've been unable to even find a reference to my problem. I prefer to list all my folders and their contents in detail view. After going to that view there is then a drop down window to select "chose details". In the music folders, the default details are "Name", "Artist", "Album" "#",...
January 18th 08 12:52 PM
by Larry Davis[_2_] Go to last post
3 259
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp by todd
I've unzipped a file and C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp is where the file (microsoft money 2003) goes. I first unzipped to my desktop but ugh, all the files. Now with the file in the above directory, I can't find it to open it. Second, how do I make it a real program, ie. like microsoft word, excel etc. I'm not sure the above directory is the right place for this file. Please provide...
January 18th 08 05:16 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
3 169
error 0x80070570 when deleting files by Michaella
When I go to move a file to the recycling bin, I get this error 0x80070570 message, saying it does not recognize the file and it can therefore not be deleted. At first it was only with pictures, but now all of my files get this message when I try to delete them. What can I do to fix it?
January 17th 08 10:21 PM
by Michaella Go to last post
0 219
Files dropped on desktop disappear... by Hully[_2_]
Hi all If I drag and drop to desktop a file or icon they disappear... but show under Folder/Desktop very strange. Any Ideas? Hully
January 17th 08 06:33 PM
by Hully[_3_] Go to last post

From The