Found new hardware by likelylad650
For the past three months, everytime I log on I get the found new hardware pop up which states it is installing a driver for unknown device. When I go to device manager I find that I have unknown devices with yellow exclamation marks next to them. They are listed under network adapters and I now have 64 of them listed. Whilst I can disable them I cannot uninstall them. When I chose the...
April 8th 08 10:17 PM
by Pavel A. Go to last post
1 205
CD-R re-writeable music cd stuck in drive E by Quinn
Need HELP!! was going to erase music off re-wrteable music cd-r, so put in drive E, now can't get it out!! It keeps saying drive E is busy or in use, yet will not eject what do I do?? thanks
April 8th 08 10:01 PM
by bsam358 Go to last post
2 210
Optical drive not recognised by system. by Stephan
Hello, I've recently bought a new laptop. It is doing fine and dandy, but it won't play any DVD discs. I thought I'd ask a question here first before returning it to the manufacturer. I am a first time Vista user, but otherwise I have quite a good know-how of computers. This is the situation.
April 8th 08 09:51 PM
by bsam358 Go to last post
2 227
My computer will not log off by jjfjgfkjgkjg
Im pressed the start button and pressed log off it says logging off but it hasnt logged off do you know whats wrong?
April 8th 08 12:21 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 203
Creative Audigy 2 ZS by dwhagerman
I have a Creative Audigy 2 ZS in Vista Business that shows the game port as an unknown device. Everytime I have tried to update the drivers, I get the error "The driver installation file for this device is missing a neccessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later. Contact your hardware vendor" These are the latest "Vista approved" drivers for that card, but...
April 8th 08 09:46 AM
by dragiel Go to last post
2 159
MS Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 by timb
This device, the MS Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 is not supported by Intellipoint... thus it's buttons, scroll wheel, etc. are unconfigurable... MS Support says the buttons don't work, but it will connect to your built bluetooth adapter on your notebook... it does do that... Does anyone at Microsoft know if this device WILL be supported with Intellipoint... does anyone know when ? Does...
April 8th 08 08:46 AM
by Jureg Go to last post
4 173
DVD Info needed from an Expert by Roy Ballew
I just added a new HD to my system, (3rd HD). Before putting the new HD in I removed the DVD drive letter J:\ so it would be last after all the HD drive letters. After getting everything set up and giving my DVD it's proper Drive letter of L:\, here's the problem. I do a lot of movie burning and like the Windows DVD Maker program for the Menu choices it offers.
April 8th 08 06:00 AM
by RJB Go to last post
2 247
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007 by Cal Bear '66[_2_]
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers -- ver. 1.90 -- 31 March 2007: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High%20Definition%20Audio%20Codecs 1. Support ALC663/ALC272. 2. Support ForteMedia microphone effect APO feature. 3. Customizations.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 8th 08 02:34 AM
by 180pilot Go to last post
14 716
Found New Hardware - Unknown Device - Nothing Shown in Device Mana by Jeff
Hi, I receive a message window at Vista start-up stating that Windows has found new hardware. The hardware is identified as unknown on the message window. When I go to Device Manager nothing shows as being a problem. There is no unknown device folder, nor can I find any devices which are identified as being a problem. If I choose to click on "Ask me again later", I actually need to click on...
April 8th 08 01:58 AM
by Tim Go to last post
3 218
Sony Digital 8 dcr trv255e by xdarkfayx
Well, for some very odd and quite frankly stupid reason, Vista will not install the drivers for my sony dcr trv255e camera (...why allow the drivers to run on XP, then disallow them on Vista, itn't that a step backwards?) Anyway...does anyone know how to get around this, or know of any drivers (perhaps for a newer sony cam) that might work? 'cos im pretty desperate to get my final film...
April 7th 08 08:28 PM
by xdarkfayx Go to last post
2 164
2.5 Hard Drive Enclosure Driver CD FOR XP NOT VISTA by [email protected]
Hi this is gonna sound very stupid but I ran over my laptop but managed to save the hard drive and put it into a Hard drive enclosure which came with a cd. I used the cd on xp/2000 and it worked fine (except I couldn't see any of my much needed files for some reason) any way I tried to install the cd on to my new laptop (vista) and it said THIS PROGRAM JUST CAN RUN ON WINDOWS 98/WINDOWS 2000...
April 7th 08 07:10 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 190
wireless keyboard 5000 by jade
Can anyone help? With the MS wireless keyboard and mouse connected, my screen saver does not work... when the receiver is unplugged, the screen saver runs well... any suggestions? Thanks in advance -- Diane
April 7th 08 07:06 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 179
Vista cannot see DVD media but other software can by HalD
If I try and burn a data DVD from a drive folder window using the "burn" button the attempt fails - because it says: no writable media. Vey well, Windows DVD Maker has no problem burning a picture file to the same disk, as can the stand-alone program DeepBurn which burns data to a dvd -r with no problems. Vista has no problems reading CDs and DVD data disks, so what is the problem with Vista...
April 7th 08 07:02 PM
by HalD Go to last post
0 187
Vista Sleep Issues by mhornet
I've been having some problems with Vista going to not fully going to sleep and the only way to get it back is to power down and restart. Some times it works fine and others it hangs. How can I tell what program/drivers are still active when the computer is going to sleep? IM guessing its a driver not fully shutting down. Thanks, Mike
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 7th 08 05:38 PM
by confusticated Go to last post
56 1,288
Western Digital MyBook 500 GB by Jaimito
i have windows vista Business 32 bit...i just bought a Western Digital My Book Premuim ES Edition 500 GB.....but there is a problem,i cant seem to eject it. When i connect it its not even list in the "SAFE REMOVAL" place....the only way i can safely eject the drive is by shutting down my laptop.Is there is a solution to this problem? --
April 7th 08 05:14 PM
by Rojo Habe[_3_] Go to last post
2 211
Works with and Certified for logos for Vista 64 by Defjr
The following is copied and pasted from MS's site on compliant devices for Vista 32 and 64 bit OS: "Have confidence that Certified for Windows Vista products will provide superior experiences with your software, photos, music, videos and online communications on PC's running the Windows Vista operating system. That's because only Certified for Windows Vista software and devices have undergone...
April 7th 08 05:08 PM
by Defjr Go to last post
0 185
web cam by DARK HELL
I have a new Gateway laptop that has a built in web cam. I used it once successfully but now everytime I try it I get the message "locked by another application" What does this mean? I've searched everywhere for information on the Camera Assistant Software and cannot find any information on it!
April 7th 08 03:37 PM
by John Speros Go to last post
4 229
can't use DVD by joblow
reading form device manager i have Optiarc CD-RW CRX 880 A device. it works fine for CD's but won't read DVD's. the label on my Acer 3100 says this is a DVD/CD -RW comb. if it is a DVD device why won't it work for DVD's.
April 7th 08 10:38 AM
by Gordon Go to last post
1 246
Creative Zen Micro not being registered? by Chibi-Sorrow
Okay, so here is my dilema: I have a Creative Zen Micro Mp3 player. It always worked fine with my old Laptop (windows XP) and it originally worked with this laptop (windows Vista). Then after my computer crash and I had to restore everything, it stopped syncing right with the computer. Every time I plug the USB cable in, it says the device is not connected. Now, another problem is that I...
April 7th 08 04:39 AM
by Scott T. Indresano Go to last post
4 208
on start up mouse's pointer appears but does not move on clicking by satya
I am using vista home premium on intel E 4500 2.2 ghz core 2 duo . sometimes on start- up my mouse(PS/2) does not work though mouse 's pointer appears on the screen . However , on shutting down with the help of keyboard and after reloading ,mouse starts working normally .
April 6th 08 10:24 PM
by davidjchuang[_150_] Go to last post

From The