Vista & Western Digital by jlwamble
I just got a new 500gb Western Digital USB drive. I have attached it to my machine, on the back, and it will not show up under My Computer. I tried the infcache.1 fix, nothing. I deleted it under the Device Manager and allowed it to reinstall. The installation program runs but nothing shows up. It says the device is installed properly. Why can't I see it? I can see it fine on my...
January 7th 08 03:27 PM
by Cal Bear '66[_2_] Go to last post
2 138
USB Device not being recognized by janetwis
Help! My flash drive and my picture device are not being recognized when I plug into my front USB ports. The wireless keyboard/mouse is in a USB port right next to it and that works. I even unplugged that thinking maybe it was a "power" issue. I am a novice, why won't my USB devices work, nothing comes up when I plug them in, just a "bleep" sound but NOTHING else. ...
January 7th 08 03:55 AM
by janetwis Go to last post
6 186
Bluescreen and automatic reboot by Lorin
Vista Ultimate. PC reboots itself at night. Never while I am using it. Vista Error message says that the Marvell Ethernet driver is at fault and that there is a solution. I have a Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3-1 motherboard with the Marvell Yukon ethernet chipset on it. I have reinstalled the latest drivers from the Marvell website three time per their directions. Always indicates success on...
January 7th 08 02:16 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 129
no sound after i got a new graphics card. by Anti*Star
hey, i upgraded my graphics card (ATI HD3850) on my computer and it works fine but i no longer have sound on my computer. i tryed updating the drivers and changing the settings and still no sound. when i take out the graphics card i have sound again. i asked bestbuy and they said that i shorted out something on the motherboard, i told them that when i take the card back out i have sound...
January 7th 08 01:40 AM
by Malke Go to last post
5 144
digital concepts card reader error by erik
okay, so i bought a card reader and tried using it. it didn't come with an installation disk, it has a plug-and-play interface. it plugs in just fine and all the ports (e-h) show up fine, but when i insert an XD or SD card, i get some trouble there. if i insert an XD card to get some pictures, but then everything goes wrong. sometimes i can't even get to the pictures, but when i do the...
January 7th 08 12:28 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 174
Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A Reading/Recording Problem by abel
The exact Disc Drive is a Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A SCSI CdRom Device. The computer is from Gateway Model: GT5628 I recently had to do a fresh install of Windows Vista because for some reason my DVDRW drive stopped working as it suppoded to. Problems: When ever I insert Blank CD's/DVDs it will say "Windows cannot read the disc in drive E:\ Make sure the disc uses a format that windows...
January 6th 08 11:26 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 347
Audio Compression dillemma by Anyotherbids
I too am having the same issues with the use of microphone within Yahoo Chat and other similar situations. The message says that my computer does not support audio compression. I have searched the net and have found what appears to be files that one could install but I am hesitant to do such a thing just to try and solve this problem. This is the thread within this support area with what...
January 6th 08 10:23 PM
by Anyotherbids Go to last post
0 121
Voice Recognition wont work! by Jake Clinton
Hey, I have a headset that I use for gaming (counterstrike) and the audio works great, but the voice output does not work. The headset worked with XP, and I can not figure out why it wont work with vista? I need help. Thanks!
January 6th 08 09:03 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 151
External Hard Drive Not Accessible by LilBit
About a week ago I purchase a SimpleTech 320 GB External Hard Drive. It worked fine on my old laptop (a Toshiba Satellite). I bought a new laptop yesterday a Sony Vaio and now when I plug in my HD, it will show up on my computer but when I try to click it to open the files it says "Location is Not Available. H:/ is not accessible. Access is denied." The weird thing is if I go to search and...
January 6th 08 08:18 PM
by LilBit Go to last post
0 151
green dots by Tyler
My video card is acting strange, can anyone tell me what to do? For some reason when I game my screen blanks to black. It can only be fixed by opening and closing the task manager, and even then it blanks again after only a few minutes. When I quit the game, it says my video card has encountered an error, but recovered. Outside of games, there are green dots all over my screen that move...
January 6th 08 08:17 PM
by JW Go to last post
2 115
Hard drive problems by Amaddox
i have a new vista computer and every time I try to download or add software it keeps trying to store to D drive, which is full, instead of the C drive. Everything else photos and music seems to go to the c drive but programs go to D. any help getting this fixed will be appreciated.
January 6th 08 06:36 PM
by Amaddox Go to last post
0 116
External HD not showing up on My Computer or Windows Explorer by JohnnyO
I've searched and searched and can't find anything that is exactly like my issue. I have an WD SATA (500 GB) drive that came out of a My Book that died. I took it apart and found that the drive was fine so I formatted it (NTFS) and backed up my computer by plugging the drive directly onto my motherboard's SATA connection. I bought an external HD enclosure (Thermaltake Silver River, dual...
January 6th 08 03:57 PM
by JohnnyO Go to last post
2 98
My printer won't install on vista by Nicolas Pierre
Hi guys , I have a lexmark X1990 all in one printer . I downloaded the drivers and installed the but after the installation screen i get nothing and my printer doesnt work now . Plz some help i need to print omething for my exams
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 6th 08 03:41 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
14 240
Moving app window from one display to the other by Bill
I just installed vista ultimate and have a dual monitor setup. My main monitor is a 22"widescreen next to a 17"standard, both LCD. If I'm viewing a maximized window on my main screen(22") and try to drag it over to the other one, I can't until I minimize it. This is ridiculous. XP would allow this just fine, even resizing the window to fit the smaller screen perfectly maximized. Please...
January 6th 08 02:46 PM
by Dave Go to last post
8 127
microphone issue... by Neerav
i am on vista ultimate with realtek hd audio and have connected my microphone-headset to my pc. now whenever i play videos on youtube the person i'm chatting on with on gtalk can also hear everything clearly. whereas this is not the case with windows media player. i guess i have changed some setting. can anyone help please. Neerav
January 6th 08 01:01 PM
by Paul Go to last post
1 135
Set default sound for recording device(mic) to lower quality by Paul
Default output for recording device on Vista is 'DVD quality' this does not produce enough output for in game chat or other voice requirements. I suggest default is set at a lower quality so the output is louder. If you check forums there are lots of users with mic issues, whaich this will solve.
January 6th 08 12:57 PM
by Paul Go to last post
0 124
Does your mouse pointer move all on it's own? by Gezzer
I had a problem with my mouse pointer just a bit ago. It started with a install of ATI drivers 7.12 which disabled Aero on my XT800 GTO agp. When I ran the performance app, both my graphics ratings were 1.0, where with 7.8 drivers it was Desktop -5.9, Gaming-4.9. By the way, if you own a ATI AGP based card, don't bother with any drivers newer then 7.8 including the ones you can get from...
January 6th 08 12:38 PM
by Gary Mount Go to last post
1 95
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and storport.sys by peckmeister
On Vista, am getting a BSOD with the subject error and subject file. Weird, as I think the problem was linked originally to the Windows DVD Maker and the Indeo codec. In the course of trying to solve the codec issue, I installed some DVD creating software, and the BSOD ensued. Have deinstalled said software and installed the K-Lite Codec pack with the Tweak tool and used it, but the BSOD...
January 6th 08 12:28 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 119
Passport Hard Drive for XP compatible with Vista? by Ray
I recently purchased an external hard drive for my laptop; however, it is for Windows 98SE*, ME, 2000, or XP. My laptop has Windows Vista, will this product still be compatible with Vista since it is a later Windows version?
January 6th 08 12:24 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 112
vista on laptop - right click issue by WiccanBex
hi, i recently installed the sims on my laptop which has vista on it, and now the right click mouse button doesn't work. there's nothing wrong with the button - i can use it on my desktop - but nothing happens when i right click in explorer, the usual list of options doesn't appear at all. surely this isn't a side effect of installing the game? does anyone have any suggestions as to what i've...
January 6th 08 11:22 AM
by NettiWelho Go to last post

From The