Sync issue between mouse & Keyboard. by Kartik Narayanan
Hi all, We are facing with a sync problem between mouse and keyboard. The command gets mixed up some times. So we would like to create a i8042 filter driver to monitor the access to 8042 port. So can some one give me a pointer in this regard. Is there a sample 8042 filter driver. Regards, kartik
November 4th 09 08:19 AM
by Kartik Narayanan Go to last post
0 164
Logitech wireless mouse C-BN4 stops working by pwittstock
If I let my computer sit for roughly 1 hour or more the mouse stops working and I have to restart the computer via the keyboard. I've tried reconnecting from the transceiver and switching the mouse on/off and pressing the reset button. None of these things seem to do the trick. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. P.
November 3rd 09 10:45 PM
by Curious[_6_] Go to last post
5 245
Flash Drive recognition by B H
Hi Guys, Just upgraded from vista to windows 7, and have a problem, in that when I plug a USB Flash drive in, I cannot see it, it is recognized in the 'Safely remove hardware' box, but in the device manager it calls it an unknown device, under storage volumes. Could use some advice please how do I rectify the problem Your help is appreciated Thanks and Regards Bob
November 3rd 09 08:46 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
2 195
Problem with crolling Genius Ergo 825 Laser mouse by Igor[_3_]
Please help to decide the problem with Genius Ergo 825 Laser mouse. Problem is: When trying to croll the page for example in IE-8 with crolling wheel of the mouse lines on page are going down than up and so on. Installed Win wista home premium +SP2 Mouse driver: Genius driver date:08/06/2009 diver version: 1.3.2.1
November 3rd 09 04:44 PM
by LVTravel Go to last post
1 147
Partitioning Hard Drive by Gene L.[_2_]
I hope this is the correct forum to ask this question. When is it advisable to partition a hard drive? Where can I find specific instructions to follow should I wish to do this? Thanks for any help on this issue. Gene L.
November 3rd 09 12:33 PM
by Gene L.[_2_] Go to last post
7 184
VGA to DVI? by Charles W Davis[_2_]
I have a nearly new XP machine. I also have a new Win7 machine. I continually work on other computers for our computer club. I have bought a 4 port KVM switch with DVI in and out. My XP machine (although it has a DVI connection on the back of the video card) won't connect. I have now added a DVI to VGA connector at the XP machine. Still won't recognize the monitor. The Win7 machine has no...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 2nd 09 01:15 PM
by Curious[_6_] Go to last post
10 350
dell latitude d610 by VDK995
Yea. I have the same proplem! This sucks! And for some reason I plug in Headphones or Plug and play speakers and it don't connect! PLEASE HELP! :shock: Hey Can you please send me those links! THANK YOU! -Dylan --
November 2nd 09 01:12 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
1 154
Pinnacle 70e Tuner Driver Issue by Mailia
Hello, Vistaheaders. I have encountered a problem while installing my Pinnacle 70e tuner on my Vista 64 machine. When I plug it in, the computer lists it as -"ET USB 2750 Camera"-, which I do not own nor know nothing off. I have downloaded the XP 32-bit, Vista 32-bit and 64-bit drivers, but Windows always says that the -ET USB 2750- drivers are newer and work, while Media Center doesn't realize...
November 2nd 09 07:15 AM
by Mailia[_2_] Go to last post
2 181
How to Hide Drive in Vista and Still Be Able to Use it. by Phil B.
In XP I could use TweakUI to hide a disk drive from the kids and was still able to use the hidden drive. There is no TweakUI for Vista and I've tried to hide a drive with registry tweaks(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer) and via command prompt (using diskpart). The problem is that both ways leave hidden drives that are not usable. It's as if...
November 1st 09 05:58 PM
by Bob Go to last post
8 241
Bluescreen by GeoM
On occasion, while my HP G60 Laptop (Vista Home Premium) is asleep, upon awakening I get the bluescreen. Just followed the directions given by Problem Reporter. In Event Properties I found: Fault bucket 0x9F_3_IMAGE_nvmfdx32.sys, type 0 Usually after a bluescreen, it mentions the NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps adaptor. Windows Update usually fails upon trying to update this driver. I also...
October 31st 09 11:41 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 176
Blue screen during sleep mode by chipper229
When the computer is in sleep mode for many hours or overnight, I wake it up to find that that it has rebooted and logging in produces a dialogue box telling me it had an unexpected shutdown.  90% of the time when this happens, the "check for solution" produces nothing.  But occassionally it offers two possible solutions: Disable Receive Window Auto-tuning, and disable your...
October 30th 09 08:39 PM
by chipper229 Go to last post
0 142
Erratic mouse by Bill Leary
Windows Vista Ultimate, 32 bit version. All updates installed. I've been using a basic Microsoft USB wireless mouse the entire time I've had Vista on this machine. About a week back it started having some problems. Wouldn't always scroll when the scroll wheel was turned, didn't always select when a button was clicked, even though I heard the switch in the mouse click, and didn't move...
October 30th 09 12:09 PM
by Bill Leary Go to last post
0 116
TI PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia Controller by John A Grandy[_2_]
Toshiba Satellite X205-SLi4 Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP2 Does anyone know where to get the latest TI PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia Controller ? I went to ti.com but I have never experienced a worse website for the purpose of locating & downloading drivers. I couldn't find it. ( In contract, nVIDIA's website is so easy it's almost impossible not to quickly find the correct driver. )
October 30th 09 03:03 AM
by karnyks22[_8_] Go to last post
4 152
Hard drive resizing doesn't work... by witten1972
Hi members I have a persistant problem with resizing of my internal hdd. I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit on a HP Pavilion Elite with an Seagate hard drive of 750gb. Every time I want to resize my drive I get a message stating; "Access denied". The original size is 750gb and I have 3 partitions on it. C=245gb and I want to take 80gb to enlarge my D. D=420gb.
October 29th 09 02:56 PM
by witten1972 Go to last post
2 184
Autorun dropdown options went missing by webdigr
Hi, I face a weird issue with my Vista Enterprise edition. Sometime back suddenly one day all the autorun settings disappeared from my system. When I checked the autorun defaults setting from the control panel I see that that dropdowns have gone blank completely. All the default options like "Open folder..", "Take no action", "Ask me everytime", etc. are simply wiped off... No more there!...
October 29th 09 02:03 AM
by webdigr Go to last post
0 127
Installing Video Card by Doug[_17_]
I just installed a ATI Sapphire 4830 DDR3 Video card.My motherboard has on board video,ATI 4200?? I booted up was still using on board video.I uninstalled ATI drivers and software.The screen blinked and changed to 88x600,looked like safe mode.It said to restart.I booted up and no video.I tried onboard and new card.I know it is booting into windows.I can hear the music . I tried getting into...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 28th 09 04:14 PM
by Doug[_17_] Go to last post
19 288
mulitmedia keyboard driver has stopped working by shannon
mulitmedia keyboard driver has stopped working. this is the message I get at start up... what does this mean? Is is fixable?? I KNOW ITS A HARDWARE PROBLEM AND NOT A SOFTWARE PROBLEM -- shannon Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
October 28th 09 02:18 PM
by Michael Go to last post
1 165
Vista KSOD installing IDE HDD by ntluser
Hello, Help please? I am trying to install my old IDE HDD in my new Vista PC which is SATA. There is no IDE on the motherboard, so I am using an ITE IT-8212 PCI IDE card. Here's the story so far... Hit the power button to turn the PC off. Installed the new PCI card. Plugged in the IDE HDD. Switched on the PC. It happened to hibernate rather than restore, and came back resuming windows rather...
October 28th 09 11:02 AM
by ntluser Go to last post
0 155
Western Digital My Book 500 gb External by DFisher2323
I purchased this drive and it was working fine until now. When I plug it into the computer it does not recognize the HDD. :sa: The problem started after I reformmatted the CPU. I am running Vista Ultimate 32. Any suggestions? -- DFisher2323
October 27th 09 01:45 PM
by ainvar99 Go to last post
4 163
Prevent disk from shutting down by Daniel
Hi I have Vista Ultimate 64, I have an external Hard Drive attached through eSATA, it shuts down after 20 Mins of idle, how do I prevent it from shutting down it is causing a lag when I try to write to it. thanks Daniel
October 27th 09 06:46 AM
by pakistanboy Go to last post

From The