Lost the pop-up dialog box when microphone jack is plugged in by Cathie
The microphone on my headset has been working fine for a couple of months. Every time I plugged the microphone jack from the headset in the right jack of my laptop a dialog box came up with a list of items that may be used in the jack port. Microphone was first on the list and highlighted and I would click ok. Thinking I was making a shortcut for myself within this dialog box I clicked...
December 21st 09 01:02 AM
by mrhappy0505 Go to last post
4 218
Asus A7N8X and 3GB by Sascha Kolberg
hello everyone, I've just upgraded my WindowsXP to Vista. For the installation I had to remove one of my three memory sticks allready, because the Vista CD wouldn't boot with all three installed the sophisticated green activity indicator would just stop at some point. Now, after the upgrade the same applies to the installed Vista System. It doesn't boot with 3 GB. No error message most of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 20th 09 04:17 PM
by jmrajaz Go to last post
15 408
Network Icon Missing by Paul Calcagno
I've got an Acer Desktop running Vista Home Premium (SP2) with 2 GB of RAM. All WU's are current. I'm Running CA (California Associates) Security Suite software with no conflict issues. Also have MBAM malware software, CCleaner and SuperAntiSpywareProfessional. I use Windows defender and Windows firewall. As far as I know I have no Malware/Spyware, AV issues. I use Firefox for browsing. I got a...
December 19th 09 07:30 PM
by Paul Calcagno Go to last post
0 196
Laptop won't boot, keeps running system repair--help? by Anne.B
Hi, there. :) Okay, so yesterday both my laptop, an hp Pavillion dv6700, and my mom's, an hp G60, decided it'd be cool to stop working. (What're the chances of that?) And I've already typed up this post earlier but my computer (my mom's laptop) froze and shut down just as I pressed Submit, so I'll try to be brief. This morning I called HP tech support and they had me run a hard disk self test...
December 19th 09 04:58 PM
by Anne.B Go to last post
0 178
Task Scheduler and notebook Battery event ? by Harold Little
I would like to use Task Scheduler in Vista to launch a script, IF the laptop changes from A/C power to Battery power. and I want a second task to monitor when the laptop returns from battery to A/C power. I need help, I can not determine what settings to use once I select event as my triggers. Can any one help ?
December 17th 09 03:30 PM
by Harold Little Go to last post
0 152
Acer Orbicam by Barry
Hi Has anyone got an Acer Aspire 5100 with the built in orbicam and managed to get it working with Vista Home Premium?? Have tried all the upgrade drivers and applications from the Acer website to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 16th 09 07:24 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
15 495
Vista Keyboard Malfunction by jwporter86
My keyboard will start malfunctioning intermittently. When I type "asdf" the results are "asdfghjkl;’`\zxcvbnm,./-+\1234567890-=qwertyuiop\" when typed over and over. Notice that this is the middle row then the lower row and then the number row and then the qwerty row. This happens in Office 2003 programs when it occurs as well as other programs.
December 16th 09 06:15 PM
by RogerT[_2_] Go to last post
8 265
laptop keyboard types incorrect character by pd
On my laptop with Windows Vista, certain keys on the keyboard have begun to cause the display of an incorrect character on the screen and in the document. u displays the character 4, i displays the character 5, o displays the character 6, p displays the character *, j displays the character 1, k displays the character 2, l displays the character 3, mdisplays the character 0.
December 16th 09 02:29 PM
by Ningboweather Go to last post
3 150
How to transfer songs, videos, photos and playlist from iPod/iPhone/iTouch to PC? by dvdmm
Cucusoft iPod/iTouch/iPhone to Computer Transfer is an easy to use iPod/iPhone utility designed to help you backup all your files from your iPod/iPhone/iTouch. Recover lost or missing music or backup and restore all of your iPod/iPhone/iTouch content; including your favorite songs, videos, playlists and more. If you have any iPod/iPhone device, this software is a 'must have' utility to keep your...
December 14th 09 03:35 AM
by dvdmm Go to last post
0 156
HP w1907 LCD Monitor Driver Download by Jim Tsak
Is anyone have problems loading the driver for the hp lcd W1907 display monitor? Checked widows for any updates. There is an update available. However, I download and tried to install, the install fails. Error code 80070005. Can anyone help? Thanks Jim Tsak
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 09 08:11 AM
by GSBZ2112 Go to last post
15 703
Can't Open Mixer Volume by RCoen
My OS has been very stable (latest patches etc applied, no new software/hardware). When I rightclick on the Sndvol.exe applet in the SysTrack the menu appears. I can choose Playback, Record, etc. but NOT Open Volume Mixer. Nor do I see the slider. When I left click on the Open Volume Mixer it looks like it triggers an Event to the OS, but nothing happens. I have rebooted (warm & cold) and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 09 01:39 AM
by sandy scott Go to last post
11 647
360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows by Techman20
I can Not Get My Wireless Mic model 1380 For the Game lips for 360 To work on my pc my controller works fine but the mic keeps comming up as a Wireless Headset anyone have any ideas thanks... -- Techman20
December 12th 09 04:38 AM
by latinstyle97 Go to last post
3 214
Flash drive flashing like crazy when plugged in by Marz
Hello I have a question about my Attache flash drive and my Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop running Vista Home Premium. When I boot up my computer and plug in my flash drive, the small red light on the memory stick flashes on and off for a few minutes and my cursor blinks quickly between the Vista spinning icon and the pointing arrow. Is my computer trying to synchronize the memory stick with my...
December 11th 09 02:17 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 186
Deleting Files by Gene L.
How can I be certain that a few files that I want permanently deleted cannot be recovered by someone at a later date. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and I recently did a full hard disc recovery, reinstalling all the applications of Microsoft Office. However, I read somewhere yesterday that some files may still be recoverable by knowledgeable searchers. I had some files that I never...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 10th 09 10:59 PM
by dmj120 Go to last post
22 573
Xbox 360 Controller and Media Center. by Mnky29
I just bought a Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows and a Xbox 360 wireless controller for my windows vista, and I was wondering if there is any way for me to enable the usage of the controller with Windows Media Center, I would really like to use an Xbox controller to control Media center.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 10th 09 10:14 PM
by jameswsparker Go to last post
13 527
CPU heatsink fan by RickyBobby[_2_]
I like to build computers as a hobby and have been doing it for some years now. I have some family and I have generally handed down my year old computers to them so that I would have a reason to build me a new one. When I am done building one I look at the hardware monitor stuff in the BIOS and like the CPU temp to be below 120 F. Not that I think that it matters all that much but 120 is...
December 10th 09 08:41 PM
by RickyBobby[_2_] Go to last post
0 188
Need recommendations for 500GB external USB drive by [email protected]
My external drive just crashed and I use it solely for backup of my systems. Since I haven't had much luck with the reliability of external drives, I welcome suggestions for a drive that holds approximately 500GB. The one I have now is 466GB capacity. Thank you......
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 10th 09 01:57 AM
by Charles W Davis[_2_] Go to last post
13 542
Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000 Cradle Problems by Mark Stonecipher[_2_]
I have a Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000 which recharges on a cradle. Actually have 2 which or having this problem. When placed on cradle for charging it will blink 7 times and then go to a fast blinking red light. According to Microsoft's Web site this is a charging problem (battery, etc.). These are brand new rechargeable batteries and I have tried different ones same problem. I have tried...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 9th 09 02:39 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
15 648
Combine two keystrokes into the one key? by Mr. Vincetta
Hello. I'm wanting to know how to remap two keystrokes into the one key. If its possible, I'd like it to work like Microsoft Keyboard Layout, where you can disable it and re-enable it at any time. What I want to do is: combine a shift key into the Enter Key, so that when I press enter it automatically works as if I'm holding shift and enter. Its for a game, that makes the chat automatically go...
December 9th 09 11:21 AM
by Mr. Vincetta Go to last post
4 275
Generic Non-PnP Monitor by Octavio
Since installing Vista Ultimate, the "Monitor" entry under my Device Manager indicates "Generic Non-PnP Monitor", telling me that my Gateway Plug and Play monitor is not being recognized as "Plug and Play". I have updated my NVidia GeForce 6200 Turbo Cache display adapter to the most recent update. Still my monitor is not recognized as Plug and Play. My Nvidia Control Panel is not helping...
December 8th 09 06:32 AM
by stubby Go to last post

From The