Converting my external USB FAT external hard drive to NFTS by ladymsvee
Hi: I just purchased a maxtor usb external hard drive, while the computer has recognized it, I cannot format it or convert it. When I try to convert it using the command prompt saying it cannot determine file system. When I try to format it does read it all. I am operating windows business vista, as this was purchased from e-bay the item was probably run under a earlier version of windows...
February 22nd 07 05:25 AM
by Helping out Go to last post
2 252
for ATI green screen flicker.... by Helping out
If you were having the same problem i was with getting a green and black flickering screen some times on a HDTV or something other then a monitor. i found that it mostly happened when there was to much White/bright of a screen. just down load 7.2 driver and goto and bring down the Brightness and Contrast a little. then check it with a totaly or mostly White pic in full screen. where you can...
February 22nd 07 05:13 AM
by Helping out Go to last post
0 258
EXCELLENT VISTA DRIVER RESOURCE by Conor
Saw this website mentioned on Slashdot. Has links to hundreds of drivers, especially those hidden away on mftrs websites. http://www.radarsync.com/vista/vista_more.php?result=0 -- Conor Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.........
February 22nd 07 03:28 AM
by ~jbird~ Go to last post
1 265
2 minutes harddrive activity after Window Vista Load by GT
2 minutes harddrive activity after Window Vista load. No software installed. This happen everytime and it's very annoying.
February 22nd 07 02:36 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
5 236
Which 965 Express Chipset Motherboards Will Allow full 4GB of 1GB by Wojnarowski
PS. Can someone tell me which 965 motherboards out there will let me use all 4GB on Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit? Please help ASAP! Cons: Spent 2 hours on the phone with ASUS support trying to find how to use all 4GB of memory under 32-bit Windows. They told me that it is impossible, which is not true because I'm using 4GB on Intel board without any problems. ASUS Level 1 support...
February 22nd 07 01:21 AM
by mikeynavy1 Go to last post
4 259
Which 965 Express Chipset Motherboards Will Allow full 4GB of 1GB by mikeynavy1
I currently have an Asus P5AD2-E Premium motherboard with 4GB of RAM installed (4 x 1GB non-ECC DIMMS). My BIOS only shows 3.2GB because of memory allocation issues (motherboard doesn't support remapping) even though it said it would support 4GB. I'm running Windows Vista x64 so my OS isn't the problem. I want to get a new motherboard that will allow me to utilize all 4GB of 1GB DIMMS and...
February 22nd 07 01:16 AM
by mikeynavy1 Go to last post
2 262
Tuner card opinions - Vista by Bill U
I don't believe that ATI intends to support my AIW card so I'm looking for a TV tuner/capture card. Nvidia has a dual tuner card as well as Hauppage. Both seem to be supported in Vista. Any comments about either of these cards (or others) and the quality of the Vista support? Do they come with reasonable software for viewing/capturing, or is Media Center the only option? Is it a...
February 22nd 07 01:02 AM
by Bill U Go to last post
3 250
USB Controller not recognised by Dougy
Hi Can anyone help please, i had to reinstall Vista Business edition, due to a PC crash, i did a clean install, i have most of my stuff now back working, but 2 Belkin USB2.0 Hubs are not installing or being recognised. In device manager it just shows them with question mark and when windows wants to install the drivers, it cannot find them? and asks me for the disk? These hubs were working...
February 21st 07 08:26 PM
by Dougy Go to last post
2 233
LG 16x DVD Burner not working (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B ATA) by JeffO
I have an LG 16x DVD Dual Layer Burner that works EXTREMELY SLOW 5% of the times but most the time just freezes when burning. It can read ok, but burning anhy sort of cd or dvd is pretty much a coaster. I checked the LG website to see if there are any updates, but there was not for my model. I contacted LG but they said there is nothing they can do, I'll have to pray that microsoft releases...
February 21st 07 08:12 PM
by WhiplashInfo.se Go to last post
1 270
Bluetooth by Ken
IS anyone aware of a bluetooth dongle that will work in Vista? My D-Link DBT 120 B4 does not have driver that works.
February 21st 07 06:50 PM
by Donald McDaniel Go to last post
5 239
suggestion for video card by Didier Godot
hi, i have built a new media center vith vista ultimate, i need a suggestion for a good videocard (AGP), i have a small budget so 100$. thanks Didier
February 21st 07 06:32 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 225
Vista x64 and Mainconcepts MCE Encoder by PsyberX
After installing Vista x64 Ultimate, I then realized that Vista Media Center will only support MPEG2 Hardware Encoder TV Tuner Cards (my oversight) However, enter Mainconcept with their MCE Encoder for Analog TV Tuner cards to save the day. Unfortunately I downloaded the Demo and installed only to find a Green Screen after running through the MCE TV setup. I hear the sound on all channels...
February 21st 07 05:54 PM
by JW Go to last post
4 215
WD External Hard Drive by rhyde
I just added a Western Digital External Hard Drive. After adding the drive, Windows Vista takes a much longer time to boot up. The drive works fine. Is there some issue which is causing the long boot time. I have been told that the external drive should be removed prior to shut down and then attached again when needed after the system is back up and running.
February 21st 07 04:26 PM
by rhyde Go to last post
2 242
Voice Modem that works with Vista by DanR
Anyone know of "ANY" voice modem that will work with Vista?
February 21st 07 04:23 PM
by BillP Go to last post
8 250
Unknown Devices in Device Manager by guido
After upgrade to Vista ultimate,on my pc Ibm A52,i have: Unknown Devices in Device Manager: ACPI\NSC1200 *NSC1200 Any help on what these are?
February 21st 07 04:05 PM
by guido Go to last post
4 313
gforce 5200 not working by Didier Godot
hi, i'm not able ton make this card work with vista ultimate, even when i download the latest drivers, windows detect it and i'm able to run vista but my tv out is not detect...what can i do before buying a new card. thanks Didier
February 21st 07 03:15 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 208
P5N32-SLI DELUXE drivers by Seeker_of_Truth
I am having some serious problems trying to find drivers for my motherboard, I cant seam to find them on the website (but if you have ever surfed the site you would agree with me) If someone with any knowledge reguarding this issue, please let me know. Thanks Dave
February 21st 07 02:13 PM
by Randor Go to last post
1 199
Backup transiet error by boltman
Home Premium in a new desktop will not do backup. The message says: "the writer experie3nced a transient error. If the backup process is retried, the error may not reoccur (0x800423F3). The problem is, it does reoccur every time, even if I just reduce the requests to documents only.
February 21st 07 01:29 PM
by BMoody7526 Go to last post
1 212
Dell Hardware Issue with Windows Vista by Shyotter
I bought a Dell Dimension 9200 with Windows XP MCE in September 2006. I then bought aa copy of Windows Vista Home Premium to replace XP MCE. I am having an issue getting the front headphone socket to work (The USB ports in the panel are fine). The system also locks for about two minutes after the system has been running for five minutes of so and then one of my DVD ROM drives drops offline....
February 21st 07 12:10 PM
by pvdg42 Go to last post
1 230
WHQL Certified VISTA DRIVERS!!!!! by Gus Kline
Just installed them. So far so good. "unknown" wrote:
February 21st 07 10:20 AM
by Nicole & Tom Go to last post

From The