  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Vista Display issues by Praveen
Hi, Windows Vista Ultimate (Final release - MSDN) Windows vista set to 800x600 resolution works fine. However, when i try setting the same to 1024x768 resolution my screen stretches vertically, and i cannot see start menu/taskbar? Any help will be appreciated.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 11th 09 01:11 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
20 422
Network Login Icon no longer displayed by Paul Calcagno
I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2 on an Acer desktop with 2 gig of RAM. The computer is working fine and my internet connection seems quite normal. However, I just noticed that the little computer monitor icon that's supposed to be in the lower right hand corner of my display is not there. Normally when I hover over this icon a small indicator shows up saying I'm connected locally and to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 7th 09 06:11 AM
by t-4-2[_99_] Go to last post
20 468
USB Device Not Recognized... by teknomedic
As the title says... I'm troubleshooting a friends computer and can't seem to get it working. Basically, he's running Vista Home Prem 32bit. He just bought a new Canon MP480 inkjet printer and everytime he plugs it into his laptop he gets the "USB Device Not Recognized". I tested his printer and cable on my laptop (Vista Ultimate 64bit) and it IDs the printer and tries to install just fine. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 1st 09 09:38 PM
by teknomedic Go to last post
20 347
WD external drive works with XP, not with Vista by Andy G[_2_]
I have a WD 250GB external hard drive, the MyBook. It works absolutely fine on a HP laptop running XP, but on another HP laptop running Vista Basic does not work properly. Symptoms as follows. Does not show in Explorer. Shows in Device Manager and claims it's running properly, but shows no Volume under the volumes tab. Shows in Computer Management, but no details and cannot perform any...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 20th 09 02:45 AM
by MatthewV[_3_] Go to last post
20 572
eSATA & Vista by [email protected]
Hi! I have an Asus P5B, Vista 32Bit Home Premium. I have something connected to the eSATA port. When the system boots the BIOS sees it fine. Vista however, will not recognize it.......everything is proper in the BIOS, as the BIOS sees it upon boot. The P5B uses the Jmicros controller. That should be up to date. Additionally, this is hooked to an external enclosure, Xtrastore 3.5".....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 27th 08 05:34 AM
by NormCameron Go to last post
20 846
Plugged In, Not Charging Battery by Ted[_7_]
I have HP NW8000 laptop running Vista Ultimate. I installed SP1 a few days ago. After the upgrade, the battery is not charging anymore. Right now it is completely drained out and it says 0% available plugged in, not charging. I uninstalled the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery drivers (there were two) from the Device Manager and install them again with scan for hardware...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 10th 09 07:19 AM
by supersilverfox Go to last post
20 736
DVD player driver by sean stephen
hi. i'm having trouble getting autoplay to work. checked all the right boxes in 'set defaults' and still nothing. can i delete the driver and download it again?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 26th 08 06:31 AM
by ribeiro Go to last post
20 376
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. by Rookie27
Hi all! First of all I really hope I can get some help here because all the googling what I have done and threads read concerning about my problem are all from here but I haven't find anything to help my case. So I have had a problems since I bought my computer what comes with Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits and now almost whatever I play my screen freezes during gaming for let say 1 min and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 3rd 07 07:51 AM
by Rookie27[_5_] Go to last post
20 711
One Monitor Two PC's by jorge
I bought a new PC with Vista (POS). I am unable to use most of my programs so networking does not fill all my needs. Is there a way to share keyboard, mouse and monitor between two PC's (primarily the monitor). Desk space is at a premium. The old PC is running Windows 2000 Pro and I cannot use remote access. -- Life is not a banquet; it is a covered dish dinner. What do you bring to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 27th 08 01:55 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
20 490
Microsoft wireless laser mouse 5000 by spentbros
I just got one of these. I'm running Windows Vista & have been using a wired Intellimouse. I installed the software & followed the installation instructions (I thought), but the wireless mouse & receiver (which the system reports is working normally) doesn't seem to do anything. The old mouse is still installed & connected & works. What should I do to get the new mouse working? Be gentle with me...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 27th 09 06:28 AM
by spentbros Go to last post
20 544
Medley ATA RAID Controller driver for Vista? by Lilo Lentz
Hi there I've searched everywhere to find a compatible driver for VISTA: Silicon Image SiI 0680 Ultra-133 Medley ATA RAID Controller Has anyone found one, that works? Sincerely Lilo
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 13th 07 08:54 PM
by roms Go to last post
20 350
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller will not connect to PC by Autobot5150
I am unable to get my Xbox 360 wireless controller to connect to the wireless receiver under Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. The wireless controller is using a standard battery pack. My PC is running a eVga's Nvidia 680i motherboard, which is controlling the USB ports. The wireless receiver plugs directly into one of the motherboard's rear USB ports. If I power the controller on before I turn...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 25th 10 07:47 AM
by poolcue Go to last post
20 1,428
Vista won't recognise memory sticks by Andifoz
Hi I have just bought a new Vista Business laptop. Every flash card I insert into my USB ports does not work. It says it has to install driver software then searches. It then asks me to insert a disc, but as flash drives don't come with a disc it fails to install the flash drive and I am unable to use it. I have searched producer sites (eg Sandisk) to download drivers but they don't seem to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 1st 07 01:56 AM
by JW Go to last post
19 194
NVIDIA GeForece 6800 and Vista by w2m
My Dell XPS 600 was having video problems when booting so they replaced my motherboard and video card, but now I can not get the NVIDIA driver (released by NVIDIA on June 1, 2007) to install correctly in Vista. The Device Manager says "This device can not find enough resources that it can use (Code12)" Any idea what may be going on? Think a Vista reinstall will fix the problem? Regards,
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 11th 07 11:34 PM
by freddy Go to last post
19 283
SanDisk ImageMate 5 in 1 reader can't find drivers by Michael Ray Brown
When I plug in my ImageMate 5 in 1 reader, Vista reports it can't find the drivers. It also mistakenly identifies it as the ImageMate 9 in 1 reader. I've gone to the SanDisk Web site, and there's nothing about any driver updates for Vista. Technical support says I need to contact Microsoft for a Vista driver, but I have a feeling Microsoft will tell me to contact SanDisk. This card reader...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 14th 07 06:53 PM
by Michael Ray Brown Go to last post
19 333
Vista and 4 gig of ram by Super1
I thought I posted this yesterday but I don't see it. Sorry if this gets posted twice. I have Vista Enterprise with 4 gigs of ram. I have 4 sticks of 1 gig each. Vista only sees 2813. I can remove any combination of the sticks to have three left and it will still see 2813. If I remove 2 it does drop to 2046. Is there a setting to get Vista to see 4 gigs? Do others out there have 4 gig...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 24th 07 01:20 PM
by JW Go to last post
19 275
VISTA ROCKS!!!!! by LANDER
I JUST WANTED TO SAY VISTA WORKS GREAT !! WHERE I WORK AT WALMART OF LONGVIEW, WA I HAVE RECOMENDED VISTA TO EVERYONE I KNOW AND CUSTOMERS AS THE BEST O/S EVER!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 8th 07 12:15 AM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
19 628
New Vista Drivers tool (Can it be done?) by Mrlopez
Why was it necessary for Microsoft to require new drivers for our hardware devices? Were older drivers a source for hackers to exploit? One of the most frustrating problems faced by PC users is not only finding the correct driver for a hardware device but also finding the latest driver version. It would have been slick if Microsoft came up with a feature that could not only convert an older...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 5th 07 03:30 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
19 352
No Sound after upgrading to Vista RTM from XP SP2 by Yuval Rakavy
Hi! I have upgraded my Dell Precision 450 to Vista Ultimate. Before the upgrade I had really good sound. After the upgrade, nothing... When I try to play something using Windows Media Player or Media Center, I get an error that file cannot be opened. I have tried to reinstall the driver, get a newer one etc. In device manager the driver seems to be working fine, except that there is no...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 24th 07 06:12 AM
by BA1975 Go to last post
19 315
How to run RAID1 for the Vista boot drive - pls help me understand by Dave
I am plenty experienced with windows hardware and software development in most areas except am a complete newbie for raid setup though I understand the purpose and pitfalls of each configuration just fine. I have an MSI Platinum P6N with 2G, Intel E6600, SataII 3G and three Seagate 320G Barracudas and would like to run RAID1 on the boot drive so I can regularly hot swap out one the drive in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 18th 07 03:14 PM
by Dave Go to last post

From The