Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
DHCP Server setting by Sanju Simon
Hi,I have a Siemens Speedstream router(Gigaset SE 568).Im not able to connect to the wireless connection with my Nokia E63 when DHCP is disabled in the router page.However i have no problems with my laptop Since i have like 4 wireless devices i have set their prefered IP addreses as: 192.168.254.4 ----laptop 1 192.168.254.3 ----laptop 2 192.168.254.5 ----Nokia E63 There are only the first...
December 30th 09 08:33 AM
by Sanju Simon Go to last post
0 281
Allowing remote connections by Ken W
I'm trying to configure a PC so that it can receive a remote connection. A computer on the outside first of all connects to our server, and then connects to the target PC over our network. We have one person that does this, but other people are not able to establish a remote connection, as it says it can't find this computer. I know that we have to enable connections to allow remote...
December 30th 09 07:45 AM
by ultraelf Go to last post
6 436
slow file/network access with Vista and Norton Internet Security 2 by ctc
I am experiencing a significant slowdown when sharing files over a home network. Here is the scenario: 5 computers: 3 have Vista sp2, 1 has Windows 7, 1 has XP sp3 All computers are running Norton Internet Security 2009. 1 of the Vista computers (host) is set up to share documents via the public folder.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 29th 09 09:54 PM
by ctc Go to last post
10 678
file sharing win 7 and win xp by ZenMasta[_2_]
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong newsgroup... I didn't see one for 7. I have 2 computers on the same workgroup/lan Desktop with XP Pro Laptop with 7 HP I have lots of folders shared on windows xp but I can't see them/access them in win7. Initial web searches suggested turning off or on simple file sharing in XP
December 27th 09 09:05 PM
by ZenMasta[_2_] Go to last post
6 984
Cant connect to internet but have wireless connection by technician
I am goin to try and be as specific as possible, but please forgive me if I've left something out. I have a Dell Inspirion E1505 laptop, Intel T2080 @ 1.73Ghz, 1014MB of Ram, and 32 bit Windows Vista Home and I have McAfee security. This as my sons laptop and he could not get the OS to start up. I done a system restore have since been able to log in. From that point I have tried to connect to the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 27th 09 01:31 PM
by Frankster Go to last post
10 693
So many Tunnel Adapters - 6,7,12,13,14,15,16 ? Strange numberingscheme ? by karthikbalaguru
Hi, I understand that Tunnel Adapter LAN is for encapsulating IPv6 packets with an IPv4 header so that they can be sent across an IPv4 network. Few queries popped up in my mind based on this :- 1. Why is the numbering for the Tunnel adapter LAN not sequential ? It is like 6,7,12,13,14,15,16.
December 27th 09 11:07 AM
by karthikbalaguru Go to last post
0 267
So many Tunnel Adapters - 6,7,12,13,14,15,16 ? Strange numberingscheme ? by karthikbalaguru
Hi, I understand that Tunnel Adapter LAN is for encapsulating IPv6 packets with an IPv4 header so that they can be sent across an IPv4 network. Few queries popped up in my mind based on this :- 1. Why is the numbering for the Tunnel adapter LAN not sequential ? It is like 6,7,12,13,14,15,16.
December 27th 09 11:07 AM
by karthikbalaguru Go to last post
0 343
VIsta not working- No IE or Mozilla by Susan[_8_]
Hi- I am spent several hours on this problem. I contacted FIOS Verizon and they could not help. It all started when I tried to download AVG. Since then I could not launch Mozilla or IE-same error message- page not found. I checked the modem, disconnected it, rebooted it, deleted the connection, reinstalled it, rolled back to a month ago. I have 2 desktops and one other laptop currently working....
December 26th 09 10:46 PM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
2 420
Cant connect to internet but have wireless connection by technician
I am goin to try and be as specific as possible, but please forgive me if I've left something out. I have a Dell Inspirion E1505 laptop, Intel T2080 @ 1.73Ghz, 1014MB of Ram, and 32 bit Windows Vista Home and I have McAfee security. This as my sons laptop and he could not get the OS to start up. I done a system restore have since been able to log in. From that point I have tried to connect to the...
December 26th 09 07:43 PM
by technician Go to last post
0 212
VIsta not working- No IE or Mozilla by Susan[_8_]
Hi- I am spent several hours on this problem. I contacted FIOS Verizon and they could not help. It all started when I tried to download AVG. Since then I could not launch Mozilla or IE-same error message- page not found. I checked the modem, disconnected it, rebooted it, deleted the connection, reinstalled it, rolled back to a month ago. I have 2 desktops and one other laptop currently working....
December 26th 09 06:49 PM
by Susan[_8_] Go to last post
0 231
USA IP Address by Clayton
I'm in New Zealand and was wondering if it was possible to get a USA IP Address? Thanks
December 26th 09 01:34 PM
by Andrew Rossmann Go to last post
2 375
USA IP Address by Clayton
I'm in New Zealand and was wondering if it was possible to get a USA IP Address? Thanks
December 26th 09 02:29 AM
by Clayton Go to last post
0 239
HOW to get LLTD working in SP3 under 2 minutes flat. by X3S
------------------------------------------------------------------------ A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see the results, please visit http://www.vistax64.com/showthread.php?t=173205 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Question: Who Thisnks MVPs are deserve theire title - YEs they know a lot about widoes and worked hard for that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 25th 09 11:50 PM
by jamunrl Go to last post
10 542
USB drive conflict by Ken W
I have a drive letter that's mapped to a network drive by default. When I insert a USB drive it tries to assign itself to that same letter, which creates a conflict and I can't figure out how to access the USB drive. Is there some way I can direct it to another drive letter?
December 24th 09 05:18 PM
by smlunatick Go to last post
8 485
Using embedded Verizon mobile broadband by AcreFoot
I was able to activate and use my embedded Verizon mobile broadband. It worked only once after that and then I started receiving the error message "You don't have sufficient privileges to connect to the network" (verbatim) I have spent around three hours on the phone with Dell tech support and with Verizon tech support and they have been unable to resolve this. I believe this is a Vista...
December 24th 09 10:16 AM
by thatinen Go to last post
2 380
writing files to XP shares by SyntaX TerroR
I have a small network in which all clients are part of "Workgroup". My XP client (SP3) is set up up as a basic file server with shared folders. My other pc is Windows 7 Ultimate (but I had exactly the same problem when I was still using Vista Ultimate). From my Windows 7 pc I can read all the shared files on my file server. However, when I try to copy/move a folder to the file server, I...
December 24th 09 01:09 AM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
2 369
writing files to XP shares by SyntaX TerroR
I have a small network in which all clients are part of "Workgroup". My XP client (SP3) is set up up as a basic file server with shared folders. My other pc is Windows 7 Ultimate (but I had exactly the same problem when I was still using Vista Ultimate). From my Windows 7 pc I can read all the shared files on my file server. However, when I try to copy/move a folder to the file server, I...
December 23rd 09 07:58 PM
by SyntaX TerroR Go to last post
0 218
How to set permissions on a folder residing on vista system through C# by PrakashGempala
Manually set permissions are getting lost frequently. I gave 'EveryOne' fullcontrol permissions to a folder, after 10min to 1hr, the permissions are getting lost. Also I am not able to handle this issue from C#. Please help. Is there any hotfixes for these type of issues. Thanks in advance.    Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
December 23rd 09 03:23 PM
by Frankster Go to last post
1 218
Vista connecting to webserver on local network by imalone
Hi, I'm having trouble connecting to an Apache server on my local network. The client machine is running Windows Vista (home premium) and connected via a wireless interface to our router, the server is running Fedora Core 6 (Linux) and also connected wirelessly. Using Firefox or Internet explorer I cannot connect to the server (192.168.0.10 on my network), though I can connect to the wider
December 23rd 09 10:39 AM
by TechSavvy Go to last post
2 318
Other computers on network vanished! by Bill
I have a new Dell netbook running Win7 Starter Edition. I configured both wired and wireless networking and was able to see the shared drives on other PCs on my home network until today. Today I turned the netbook on and I do not see any computer except the netbook itself when I expand the Network node in Windows Explorer. Selecting the Network node and clicking he Refresh button does not help....
December 21st 09 04:22 PM
by DrTeeth Go to last post

From The