Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista won't let me save a file to the C: drive by KermitD
I have a short file I want to save to the C: drive. I am the Administrator on this computer. When I try to save the file I am told that I do not have permission and to see the Administrator. How can I write to the C: drive? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...
January 5th 08 07:42 PM
by mwell Go to last post
3 247
Re-Asigning an 'Account Unkown' or Deleted account! by mrbreak3r
Need help quite urgently, i was bieng an idiot and trying to sort out my user profiles because everything seemed to be having a problem. So i went into ComputerSystemPropertiesuser Profiles i found an account i was using (alex). i then decided i would create a new one that was connected to my office domain. so i did. and it checked the names on the server and found Alex.office - perfect i...
January 5th 08 11:35 AM
by mrbreak3r Go to last post
0 201
user profile by magpie
my dell i6400 vista home premium says user profile cannot be loaded i cant get into the pc at all .. any ideas please
January 5th 08 11:27 AM
by magpie Go to last post
0 231
Vista Login Password by geewizz
I have forgotten my login password. Is there any way I can get into the system to reset it
January 5th 08 09:53 AM
by geewizz Go to last post
0 239
ASP.NET PASSWORD by Warsito
Dear, I am using VIsta. I did a mistake by changing my account to standart user, and automatically, the administrator in my laptop was changed to "ASP.NET machine account". Thus, I couldn't change anysystems, because my "ASP.NET machine account' ussualy asks the password that I never create. Please, could you help me how dealing with this problem?, or is there a default password for...
January 5th 08 08:26 AM
by brink[_2658_] Go to last post
3 240
User Account Name Problems by kschiller
When I setup the computer I set the user name to "First & Last". After awhile I decided it would be better to have a user name with no SPACES in it. I used the User Account screen to change the user name to "First-Last". However the old User Account still shows up on the computer, such as the current profile name shows as "NAME-HP\First & Last". Also when I open File Manager a directory...
January 5th 08 03:10 AM
by kschiller Go to last post
2 214
Cannot log in... by Sanjeev
Hi there, I have a problem with my Vista laptop (Vista Ultimate 32bit). Whenever I try to log in I get an error that the user profile could not be found etc etc. OK, normally this means corrupt profile, so just create a new profile ad copy across. However, this is where I have the problem. I also get the error when using the built in Admin user, and any other user I create, so I am...
January 5th 08 12:51 AM
by Sanjeev Go to last post
0 261
Welcome Screen with Default User by Christian Steuck
Hi, I searched a long time but did not find a solution for my problem. I hope that anyone here can help me. I upgraded from XP to Vista (Business). I have two user accounts: One for myself and I for my colleagues. The welcome Screens shows both accounts but I can not select one as default. So I have to select my account and enter the password everytime. With XP like logon I just needed to enter...
January 5th 08 12:09 AM
by brink[_2654_] Go to last post
1 278
What is wrong with windows vista? by James Matthews
hi, I just don't understand what people's problem with windows vista is! Everyone says it doesn't work with 3rd party applications.... well guess who's fault that is! The company that made the app! Anyways I wanted to hear what issues people had with vista and how we can resolve them!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 4th 08 08:41 PM
by alexB Go to last post
81 2,258
Resetting Office Onenote password by damax
I have forgotin my password in the personel notebook section of Onenote, is there any thing I can do?
January 4th 08 06:07 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 260
User Account Problem by Terisabe
Purchased new system at Office Depot. Had Desktop/store as user. I have not been able to remove it. When going to Delete or Modify in User Profile program the Delete option is greyed out when choosing that user. Can delete others but not that one. Help -- If I said I did it-I Lied!
January 4th 08 03:55 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
1 196
Cannot start BITS service in XP by Aaron
In the course of troubleshooting a problem with MC in Vista Home Premium (32-bit) I have discovered the the BITS service is competely missing in the Services section. I need to add and restart this service to fix my other problem. How do I add this service to my list again? Thanks.
January 4th 08 03:48 PM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post
7 215
Increasing file size to be saved in public folder by celena
As users, we are currently only able to save files up to about 250Kb in size in the public folder. Whenever I try and save something bigger, it comes up with 'access denied, contact your administrator'. How does the administrator increase the file sixez that we can save in the public folder?
January 4th 08 09:26 AM
by celena Go to last post
2 168
Reinstall by Mr. Taz
My system crashed and I had to reinstall the OS Windows Vista Ultimate. By doing so I can't access my D: drive. It keeps giving me the Access denied prompt. I have reinstalled the system befor ewith out this problem. I have taken ownership of the drive but it still will not allow me to access it. Help!
January 4th 08 04:27 AM
by Mr. Taz Go to last post
0 181
Parental controls by ma2larson
I Just dowmloaded the HP game FATE and when I go to play it I get a MSG asking me for a PIN #. I'm signed in as tha administrator and I never set up any parentals controls. I cant get into reset the pin #. How do I fix this?
January 4th 08 03:22 AM
by ma2larson Go to last post
0 196
PID is invalid by Remigijus
I wonder if anybody has any suggestions what I could do in such a hapless situation. I tried to obtain help from Windows Live OneCare and was unable to register because Product ID was invalid. I entered the ID I found in my computer according to the instructions. I am worried if that was just a technical glitch or a more serious problem. What baffles me most, there is no help available in...
January 4th 08 01:27 AM
by tkprstock Go to last post
3 203
Vista Upgrade COA number already in use???? by Dale
I bought a Vista "ready" laptop last year (2006) and sent in all the paperwork for the free upgrade to Vista. I installed it early in 07, found out how crappy it ran, and reinstalled XP. Now that there are 40 million updates for Vista, I decieded to reinstall it and it seems to be working much better after all the updates. However, today, a window popped up and said "activate windows now or...
January 4th 08 01:21 AM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
2 181
delete profiles by christie
I was cleaning out the hard drives in a computer lab. I went to c:\users and deleted everyone except local admin (the log in that i was using). Now the users that were originally in that folder cannot log in, but other users can. Any ideas on how to allow previous users to log in again. These computers are all on a network.
January 3rd 08 08:50 PM
by christie Go to last post
0 221
pop up "create password your saftey" by Dan
Single user/One Admin Account/System: 2007/ index sco 4.0/Vista/Hm/Prm I set a password recently. I changed back to no password. Now I get prompted by Defender warning--Basically: you should use a password...etc “. This pop up must be disabled but I cannot find the option. Anyone? ♣Dan’s World Inc.™
January 3rd 08 08:08 PM
by brink[_2637_] Go to last post
6 257
over ride administrator password by swtrckymt.grl
please help me!! i need to over ride the admin password... i created the account but i did not make a password recovery disc.. and i really cant remb the pass word. PLEASE HELP!!!!! i need to protect comp from viruses and i cant download any programs with out the admin password..... so c my delima... help thanks so much -- swtrckymt.grl
January 3rd 08 08:03 PM
by dewy65 Go to last post

From The